Bertram Nursery Group

Bertram Nursery Group Employee Reviews

My review is for the Cornerhouse, Spylaw Road nursery only. The working conditions are the best I have seen in any nursery; a great mix of shifts and flexibility with work colleagues if required on occasion. There are 3 shift patterns between 8am and 6pm, no 10 hour shifts here. Breaks are generous. Personal development. I have found there are great opportunities to get training in areas I have an interest, and management actively encourage and support. Salary The hourly pay is comfortably above the usual expected for a Nursery Practitioner. I was pleasantly surprised. There isn't a particularly hard part of the job, if you enjoy being a practitioner then you will enjoy Cornerhouse Spylaw. It is a good place to work and the fact that staff length of service ranges from 2 1/2 years to 12 years is a good indicator of its workplace atmosphere.
Pros
Salary, closed for between xmas and new year, working atmosphere
Really stressful place to work wouldn't work for them again.Staff not the best environment for children to be in. So pleased i managed to get out before it cost me my health
Pros
None really
Cons
Horrible company to work with. Don't look after their staff, always short staffed or being forced to cover other nurseries. No support from management or head office, all staff unhappy in the job. Company doesn't care about staff. Terrible pay, not competitive at all. Only care about the profit they will make from fees. Very little learning being taken forward for children. Staff left to deal with other staff who cannot do the job. Not worth applying for job. Avoid at all costs. Not worth working for.
I love my job, the place is going through lots of change but it’s a great place to work and the people I work with are really supportive. I would recommend working here.
Unprofessional company only interested in the money and profit made from fees Lack of staff lack off support company gave no interest in employees at all and will defend parents making staff look stupid all to save losing fees Too many head office staff who don't have a clue about day to day running or working in a nursery. A company destined to fail through greed of money no respect or interest in staff
I've worked for Bertram a little over a year and it was definitely a great decision to do so. I work with the most amazing team and find not only my managers but others within the business extremely helpful and supportive. I have progressed in my career whilst working with Bertram and enjoy working for a caring, customer and staff focused business.
Pros
Locally situated, amazing team
Cons
None that I can think of
I started very nervous as I was taking a higher postition and my previous employer told me I would hate it (obviously to make me stay). I left 3 months ago and never looked back. Don’t get me wrong it’s not easy but that’s the industry we work in. I go home with a smile on my face each day knowing I made a great decision. The team are so welcoming and I’ve had so much support and training from my team and managers.
Pros
Happy team and outings
I currently work at Strawberry Hill Nursery (have done so for 6 Years now) and I can confidentially say that I am part of a very friendly and driven team. I have had many opportunitities to progress throughout my career and the management are always very supportive in my career development as they are with all the staff team. We have a nursery full of happy children and everyday is something new, we love to welcome new faces especially ones who want to be part of our Strawberry Hill family!!
Pros
Great job satisfaction.
Typical day at work starts with finding out that your room is either understaffed or loosing a member of your room team to another room, because people didn't come in. Constant lack of staff puts a strain on other workers. People are stressed = atmosphere isn't the greatest. Work's bearable at times. Still, do not recommend.
Nobody stays more than 8 months, staff are treated badly and get no job satisfaction. Long hours, Managent are bullies. Worst job ever. Job was posting payments onto accounts mind numbing. Couldnt get holidays when requested. Some staff got sick pay others didnt. Badly organised and more bosses than staff. Avoid avoid avoid.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention worst job ever
A typical day at work is setting up the playroom to make it appealing to the children coming in that day, changing the nappies, creating activities for the children to take part in and provide them with their breakfast, lunch and snacks. I have learned how to deal with certain situations and how to word things to children and what not to say, i find this job difficult at times but seeing the children progress and achieve things is always a lovely thing to experience.
lovely place to work... great staff however long hours for poor pay but great apart from that