Berry Recruitment Employee Reviews

The 'Playful' environment exceeded the job title
Temporary contract (Former Employee) –  Fugro Geoservices31 May 2018
temp at Fugro Geoservices

Covering a colleague on sick leave. Whilst the role required did not match the role to be covered the introduction to management accounting was interesting. Given further consistent tasks and working alongside pre existing templates I would certainly have adapted my skills base accordingly. However, seriously, who is going to do the 'Management Accountants' role on a purchase ledger clerks pay for any length of time?

The staff were extremely friendly, some already practicing semi-retirement and used any excuse to elongate conversations to while away their time. I can't deny it was a struggle when I am generally a dynamic and focused worker. One particular lady had a laugh that resembled Carry On actor Sid James and although highly entertaining, the volume and repetition, could prove nauseating (Bless her). However, I found all staff friendly and welcoming and tea and a multitude of tempting cakes hovered continuously to fatten us all up.
Pros
Comfortable and pleasant working atmosphere
Cons
leapfrog
One of the Managers etemely rude and unprofessional and not paid full wages.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London12 May 2018
Rude, miserable and unprofessional manager.
I wasn't paid my full wages (for no good reason) and still haven't been until this day - paid late and then some was still missing. I left because they were unapproachable and right hand didn't seem to know what let hand was doing.
Pros
zero if you don't get paid
Cons
rude staff, not paid in full.
Don't do it.
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London6 May 2018
I was with them for a year all was well i was in one job over the whole time then one day i got a call asking to leave my house to get to a job asap.

knowing i was on holiday that was booked off i explained im a 100 miles away and on holiday, they said ok then put the phone down only to call me back an hour latter.

Asking if i have left yet to make my way there so i told them gain i cant im a 100 miles away so then she said ok if thats how you want to be fine .... put the phone down on me then i got a text saying sorry you are no longer with us and have been taken off the books and you will no longer have a job with us.............
Pros
no pros at all
Cons
Cant care less about you
Bad idea!
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 May 2018
Berry recruitment is by far the worest agency ever! They fill your head with complete rubbish and tell you they have work in your area. But when you sign up with them.. you will be guaranteed that every job they try to offer will be completely out the area they promised. Dont waste your time guys... seriously!!!
Dont do it (company is called Gestamp)
Operator (Current Employee) –  Segensworth30 April 2018
I know company this is and all you are here is just a number, to the management you are disposable. Turn over of staff is high, so much so that Berry recruitment are now based on site !!!

Job is tedious and if you dont hit the targets quickly then they get rid of you. You get no sick pay and can now get a disciplinary for having just 3 days off..

Honestly avoid unless you are completely desperate and being an escort is completely out of the question.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Everything from your first day onwards
Nice people all young
Ticket Checker (Former Employee) –  Strood, Kent14 March 2018
Checking of passenger tickets before they board the trains at Strood station. If they had no tickets sending them to the ticket office to purchase before boarding the train.
Pros
working in all weathers
Cons
getting out of bed @ 5am
not good
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  Surrey21 February 2018
There not organized never have work for you overall a bad company you can go weeks without getting a phone call for work they expect you to travel to far places when they haven't given the work for weeks and you have no money to get anywhere it's a bad agency and I would advise no one to work there
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 February 2018
Usually it would be far but as I was working with my friend, it wasn't a problem nor was it ever boring. At the workplaces, I made many friendly work colleagues whom some of which I still communicate with even though I don't work there anymore. I learned how to manage time when under pressure as many people would crowd the bar.
Working as a sub contractor
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Sutton19 February 2018
I have worked as a sub contractor for this company for at least 10 years in various roles but mainly as a driver. The work opportunities are immense. The types of industry has been very varied, from building and construction, courier parcel deliveries, foodstuffs, white goods, home furniture and removals.
The staff are friendly and helpful. The interview was in depth and engaging, the experience was invaluable and I learned to interact with people in solving problems for companies needs, requirements, desires and goals.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff. Wages always paid weekly and on time.
Cons
Third party umbrella company taking percentage of wages.
Excellent Recruitment Company
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear12 February 2018
I have worked for 2 national agencies as a Consultant and Berry by far have the best training and Head Office resources. The culture is very friendly and supportive giving you the tools to run a successful desk.
Brilliant Company
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset1 February 2018
Been working for the company for three months I what was meant to be three weeks but has rolled on. I found that they are always available and always very helpful. Vicki Kirk at Exeter is probably one of the best, most helpful and friendly Rec. Agents I have worked with so far in my career, finding me a brilliant client to work for even with my specific skill set so much that I would recommend her to most jobseekers within the Exeter/ Taunton area. I Never had any proper issues with Berry at all for that matter...
Pros
Helpful, friendly, no salary payment stall or issue
Cons
Maybe need to cover the benefits and detail of contract a bit better eg. holiday entitlement, salary rise may be handy too 😉
enjoyable
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beckenham, Greater London31 January 2018
enjoyed this position nothing outstanding but it was an enjoyable position to have. Wasn't too excited about the manager running the office as she was a little skittish and enjoyed a smoke at her desk which I thought was unprofessional and I am not sure how she got away with it. The internal staff were fantastic to work with as were the staff I placed.
Not good
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham24 January 2018
Just another recruitment agencies. A poor one to boot. You should be ok as long as you never need to deal with the agency staff though. But given the archaich way they administer their employees, that would be extremely unlikely.
Pros
Cons
poor rates of ay, poor management, poor communication, poor training and induction process
Moved around too much too appreciate
Self employed 7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Sutton10 January 2018
Overall the people who work for Berry recruitment were friendly and helpful . I was moved on a regular basis and a lot of the had too settle for van work which impacted on my income just looking for more structured and with a chance for a greater wage capacity
typical recruitment agency
Agency Chef (Former Employee) –  Stafford3 January 2018
called or emailed daily with jobs available. weekly pay, sometimes petrol milage was paid. plenty of hours available with varying roles.
delay in paying you holiday pay when you leave the agency. took 4 weeks to get final holiday pay.
Good and easy to get on with
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lee-on-the-Solent18 December 2017
Team works well and always made sure i had work. The few months i was with them i had no issuse with them. When work was low with one job they were quick to find me other work.
Take the biscuit !!
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire5 December 2017
Basically if your foreign you have a better chance of getting along the staff at Berry for some reason. They text you with work but if you can't make it then it's an issue. Staff at Berry look down their nose and have no understanding for people. They send you all over the place and think you have the money for taxis left right and center lol. Not worth the time if half your small wages 7.05 is spent on public travel lol Wind up . I'd recommend drivers for this job
Pros
Sometimes get a lift but you have to travel to Warrington lol
Cons
Very small wage
Workplace
Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington21 November 2017
Was good at times when jobs were close to home but had to travel miles to get to some jobs

Some jobs were good one job I turned up at 6am in the snow to be told they dont need me
Pros
Flexabile hours
Cons
Driveing for miles and hours
Easy work to find, flexible
Silver Service Waiter (Former Employee) –  Warrington17 November 2017
Easy work to find, the hours can be flexible - if you are too picky though not many jobs to do. Sometimes the staff can be rude. A lot of the time working weekends as well. Can make new friends in the process though.
Pros
Flexible if necessary
Railway worker
Train Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Various11 October 2017
Worse company ever to work for. Wages short, arrogant management. Will put you in an umbrella company for wages to increase their profit. No respect for people.
Pros
Cons
No concern for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9