Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews
I worked here as a placement student, therefore, unpaid which was difficult. However, everyone was welcoming and open to my learning and gaining new experiences.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Travel time/ unpaid for placement students
Managed the best part of 3 administration roles & only received a single Band 3 salary. I independently managed the administration of 2 of their busy wards for the last 2 years & found there was a distinct lack of appropriate career progression.

Members of the team were unreliable as they were absent from the ward for longer than they were present leaving an extreme workload for a single individual. You will not be given appropriate training & pick up additional responsibilities without any guidance.

The turnover of staff is extraordinarily high. The amount of roles they continually advertise says everything that you need to know about how they treat their staff & why they can't retain them.

Only certain "characteristics" will be protected if it suits their agenda & I was grievously discriminated against on several occasions.

They will even damage any chances of you moving on from there actively sabotaging future job opportunities for you ; which has happened to myself & other colleagues.

You are to be valued & respected ; not neglected nor abused so know this employer will not provide you with positive experience.
Not only do the staff at this trust care for their patients, there’s a definite community feel between staff. Everyone supports each other & I love working there.
I would not work here again.
IT was a stressful place to work and the culture was unfriendly and insular. I could go days without seeing anyone, the training was hard to find and my managers were off so often with stress that at times it felt like I was running the entire department which was way outside of my band 3 post.
i will be making a formal complaint against Berkshire, they do not adhere to there values of caring for you and about you. They told us at our pitiful induction that they valued admin staff, this was not the case. I would not recommend anyone to work for them. I have had no support and am currently off ill with work related stress
Couldn't emphasise how much I have enjoyed working here. Supportive team that is like family.
Training available when needed. Supportive when things go wrong.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Can be exhausting at times.
Learning on job which was very good. A friendly work environment, hours worked were good, good communication, good managers and colleagues. Overall good
Very strong ethics and value which is great to see within the NHS.

Some staff had been there a long time and you could see how they were able t guide the newer members of staff.
The work is very rewarding. The job although stressful would be easier to do if there was more team-working and less blame.
There is a Culture of bullying but management insist it’s not ‘bullying’. They are not familiar with the definition of bullying.

Depends who your friends are as to whether you are able to advance. Very clicky. Friends choosing to work with friends on a shift. Not relating to the skills mix.

Management do what they want on shifts.

Culture of blame leaving you terrified to make a mistake in case you are never asked to do it again.

Rumour and gossip is rife or people act with complete indifference towards you.

Staff members getting promotions even though they don’t have the qualifications for that role.

Referring to HCAs as ‘girls’. Ok if their all female.

Came back from a year away and no support or supernumerary status. Had to find my own way through various updates whilst looking after poorly patients.

I was threatened that I would lose my job if I complained to HR about someone’s behaviour towards me. Had a very uncomfortable ‘meeting’ with the person involved and managers who were biased towards the other person as they are friends outside of work.

A toxic environment to work in.
manager who are being paid lots of money and have no clue how to manage a service.mangers will give you a job if your face fits but if you have skills and experience you have no chance of being given a job as you ,don't dare speak up when you see something is wrong ,no support and you will be intimidated until you leave
Pros
non
Cons
rubbish
I am working as an Assistant Psychologist within BHFT - Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHTT West). Overall opinion - good work-life balance; good management/supervision; fantastic teamwork; great experience.
Enjoyed working for BHFT for many years ..staff treated well and fair . Flexible approach to working mothers and many holidays is a real treat !
Lots of opportunities to climb the ladder for those interested ..full training and support provided to staff wanting to further their careers .
Pros
Flexibility to working women
Cons
Too many policies and guidelines to follow
It a very busy day phones continuously ringing you might be lucky to have one quite day..I do like the job I do..what I enjoy about the job is speaking to the patients and helping them out,
The Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is a fantastic place to work. Everyone is so driven and committed to their roles. Unfortunately part of my role was very emotionally involved and I just couldn't do it anymore.
My role id varied clinically, and there are mostly busy days dealing with the public , students and pressures of fitting it all in. This is what makes the job challenging, exciting and then quite rewarding.
Pros
working with people, training
Cons
Working in the NHS as administrator is a busy environment working to deadlines with attention to detail. Plenty of training opportunities. A good place to work. I have learned lots about administrative work. Good support from management. All my questions are answered fully. Good team and pleasant coworkers.
Pros
Friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
Slightly stressful
I am new to the team and do not know how they operate yet. I will provide feedback when I settle little bit. Team seems very supportive and friendly. That's all I can say at the moment.
As an organisation they are very eager to take appreciations for development work, mostly done with little or no support and when things do not go well they are the opposite of supportive. They have a lot of excellent caring and decent staff members who work their socks off with little thanks from the organisation.
Pros
Some parking available at some sites
Cons
far too many
Good Trust to work in, stressful and understaffed as all of the NHS is, however teams work well together and local managers are mostly supportive. It is difficult to work in the Trust and live locally due to high house prices and rents
The management is top notch and colleagues very helpful and approachable.

the work life balance is excellent and apprpriate attention is given to training and development.

Staff are very well included in decisions and the managers often take time to support everyone
Some aspects of good culture but some bad aspects as well.
This si generally a good place to work. there is a growing emphasis on staff well being but with limited resources to move this agenda on.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to study
Cons
glass ceiling
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location