Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Great company
Recruitment project management (Former Employee) –  Reading13 August 2019
Very strong ethics and value which is great to see within the NHS.

Some staff had been there a long time and you could see how they were able t guide the newer members of staff.
Toxic environment
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire12 August 2019
The work is very rewarding. The job although stressful would be easier to do if there was more team-working and less blame.
There is a Culture of bullying but management insist it’s not ‘bullying’. They are not familiar with the definition of bullying.
Depends who your friends are as to whether you are able to advance. Very clicky. Friends choosing to work with friends on a shift. Not relating to the skills mix.
Management do what they want on shifts.
Culture of blame leaving you terrified to make a mistake in case you are never asked to do it again.
Rumour and gossip is rife or people act with complete indifference towards you.
Staff members getting promotions even though they don’t have the qualifications for that role.
Referring to HCAs as ‘girls’. Ok if their all female.
Came back from a year away and no support or supernumerary status. Had to find my own way through various updates whilst looking after poorly patients.
I was threatened that I would lose my job if I complained to HR about someone’s behaviour towards me. Had a very uncomfortable ‘meeting’ with the person involved and managers who were biased towards the other person as they are friends outside of work.
A toxic environment to work in.
Bhft -worst trust to work for
administrator -intermediate care team (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 March 2019
manager who are being paid lots of money and have no clue how to manage a service.mangers will give you a job if your face fits but if you have skills and experience you have no chance of being given a job as you ,don't dare speak up when you see something is wrong ,no support and you will be intimidated until you leave
Pros
non
Cons
rubbish
Assistant Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 January 2019
I am working as an Assistant Psychologist within BHFT - Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHTT West). Overall opinion - good work-life balance; good management/supervision; fantastic teamwork; great experience.
What I do at work
Co ordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor and Maidenhead, Berkshire9 April 2018
It a very busy day phones continuously ringing you might be lucky to have one quite day..I do like the job I do..what I enjoy about the job is speaking to the patients and helping them out,
Extremely rewarding
Executive Assistant to Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire26 March 2018
The Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is a fantastic place to work. Everyone is so driven and committed to their roles. Unfortunately part of my role was very emotionally involved and I just couldn't do it anymore.
Great and rewarding place to work
Audiological Scientist (Current Employee) –  Windsor13 January 2018
My role id varied clinically, and there are mostly busy days dealing with the public , students and pressures of fitting it all in. This is what makes the job challenging, exciting and then quite rewarding.
Pros
working with people, training
Fun work environment
Administrator to Personality Disorders Team (Current Employee) –  Reading3 January 2018
Working in the NHS as administrator is a busy environment working to deadlines with attention to detail. Plenty of training opportunities. A good place to work. I have learned lots about administrative work. Good support from management. All my questions are answered fully. Good team and pleasant coworkers.
Pros
Friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
Slightly stressful
Not much to say yet
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Reading30 December 2017
I am new to the team and do not know how they operate yet. I will provide feedback when I settle little bit. Team seems very supportive and friendly. That's all I can say at the moment.
Austere and slightly puritanical
Manager for Adult & CAMHS Eating Disorders Service (Former Employee) –  Countywide26 July 2017
As an organisation they are very eager to take appreciations for development work, mostly done with little or no support and when things do not go well they are the opposite of supportive. They have a lot of excellent caring and decent staff members who work their socks off with little thanks from the organisation.
Pros
Some parking available at some sites
Cons
far too many
Community OT
Community Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Berkshire21 June 2017
Good Trust to work in, stressful and understaffed as all of the NHS is, however teams work well together and local managers are mostly supportive. It is difficult to work in the Trust and live locally due to high house prices and rents
A great place to work
Senior Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire8 March 2017
The management is top notch and colleagues very helpful and approachable.

the work life balance is excellent and apprpriate attention is given to training and development.

Staff are very well included in decisions and the managers often take time to support everyone
Clinical Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 December 2016
Some aspects of good culture but some bad aspects as well.
This si generally a good place to work. there is a growing emphasis on staff well being but with limited resources to move this agenda on.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to study
Cons
glass ceiling
Educational
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berkshire2 May 2016
Working for Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust has been an educational experience as it has given me the opportunity to work across the area doing different roles. From starting as a cleaner I have been able to further my skills with work as a receptionist and also a cleaning supervisor where I have worked closely with management to ensure the day to day running of Health Centres across the area are at the highest standards as possible.
Moving of location of hospital changed my view of job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading2 April 2016
Working in the pharmacy and on the wards.
I learned how the hospital pharmacy is run as it is very different to community pharmacy.
The management started off being nice to work for but were difficult in the end. My co-workers on the other hand were lovely to work with and i have remained friends with some of them.
The hardest part of my job at the end was the travelling, and the most enjoyable part was working in the ward environment
Pros
Co-workers and nurses lovely to work with
Cons
Long hours due to travelling
Educative
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENG21 November 2014
Receive handover from the outgoing shift.
Check the patients against the ward list.
Do staff-job-patient allocation.
Prepare for and administer medication rounds.
offer one-to-one sessions to patients.
Prepare and handover to incoming shift.
Write daily oprogress reports on patients.
Dynamic, good team spirit and fun
Finance Manager (Reading Locality) (Current Employee) –  Bracknell27 May 2014
First 12days of the month are spent on preparing and finalising monthly accounts, then its meetings with Budget Managers to discuss the results.

Meetings are also used to discuss plans: like staff cover for areas with high turnover.

The finance team is very open, you can approach anyone to seek help if you have a problem.

Hardest part of the job is usually discussing cost savings plan with managers, especially in areas where they feel they have no spare capacity.

Most enjoyable part is when you come out of a meeting konowing that the manager is able to plan properly because you have been able to give them the required information.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
no proper path of progression
Productive and fun workplace
Reception / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wokingham31 July 2012
Fast paced, exciting.
Lots of interesting people.
great staff
Good management
The computer system is not good.
Pros
great staff
Cons
saturday mornings