Bentley Employee Reviews

Bentley Motors
SENIOR ENGINEER - DESIGN CHECK (Former Employee) –  Crewe, United Kingdom13 March 2018
This was the company that offered me the opportunity to develop myself personally so that I could evolve into the career I am currently doing. The product is world renowned and the skills are key to maintaining the success of the brand
Pros
Brand identity, location to home
Cons
Slow development in the career path
agency there had no idea how to use its workforce
Door build operative (Former Employee) –  Crewe25 January 2018
I was a trained warehouse man and FLT operative before I left to work at Bentley .Aged 58 put to dragging around trolleys non stop all day long after I had been on leather work for a few weeks with no complaint, then stuck onto door build production line where I was the oldest worker, one guy who was a good few years younger than myself had a heart attack due i believe to the horrendous workload that not even the team leaders could cope with on their own. agency didn't have a clue and Bentley were terrible to work for, hated it there because you either worked till you dropped or it made you ill and then they dumped you because they could do whatever they wanted. the wages were excellent but they wanted you to work like an animal.
Pros
wages
Cons
horrendous work load
Good office culture. Limited career progression opportunities
Sales and Marketing Role (Former Employee) –  Middlewich, Cheshire19 December 2017
Bentley offers a friendly office environment and is a good organisation to learn about luxury marketing. There is a reliance on contractors and interns with a limited number of permanent roles becoming available each year.
Pros
Good office environment
Cons
Limited opportunities for graduates
productive workplace
engineering workshop (Former Employee) –  Crewe6 December 2017
I worked here for a month on a contract, it taught me how to use basic tools and prepared me for proper work other than school life, I spent a lot of time taking minor chips out with a sanding disk and scotch wool. which was very easy going.
Very loud, poor management
Leather trim and QC departments (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire8 November 2017
loud environment, often working shifts and could end up every week different shift including nights every 3 weeks...? Management uneducated people who waste 3 hours+ travelling to work everyday and blame they staff for they unhappy life they get because long hours they have to spend outside of home. Getting told off for silly reasons etc. Hectic, Big company but money could be better for harmful environment.
Pros
Short day for locals
Cons
Poor management, very noisy.
Professional Management and Staff
Receptionist and Showroom Host (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 October 2017
I worked a temporary assignment at Bentley-Leeds as Receptionist and Showroom Host, and admired their high standards of professionalism and customer service. The most enjoyable aspects of the job were the friendly and helpful work culture, and their friendly clientele.
Professional project focused
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire25 October 2017
A good Company to work for. Very focused on delivery and making a successful business.
Demanding at times, and individuals are expected to deliver.
There are some excellent benefits for permanent employees.
Pros
Car scheme
Cons
Can be stressful
Fun workplace, opportunity to showcase your work
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire13 September 2017
Was able to take up several different projects enabling me to understand various aspects of the company. Great community of interns from various countries enabling med to learn from them.
the best
Service contractor (Former Employee) –  Crewe6 September 2017
I worked at Bentley for over a month with the best connection agency and they had to let me go due to temporary work, I loved working there it was the best job I have done so far.
good job
Mechanic Production Line (Former Employee) –  Crewe24 August 2017
spent many years working on vehicles, enjoyed building and working on the bentley motor engines, was great fun learned a great deal, all around really enjoyed the position
Brillant
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire22 August 2017
Good place to work an it's job satisfaction as you see the actual important customers walking around there and you know the work you have to do there is all going to a prestigious car company with a reputation of quality as with the name
Pros
Money
Cons
Non
Challenging place to work
General dog's body (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire31 July 2017
You would expect such a prestigious company to have its act together but Bentley is behind on everything and sadly doesn't value people as much as the product.

The buildings are old, flexi time has been introduced in a few areas of the business, the salary is below industry standard, development opportunities are few and far between and there is little transparency on salary scales and senior management are fragmented which is reflected in the rest of the business.
Pros
Car scheme, flexi time
Cons
As above
Excellent place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire21 July 2017
Enjoyed working in an excellent environment.

Many people had such long service because it was a good firm to work for.

They sponsored me to gain my degree.
Decent place to work
Auto Electrician (Former Employee) –  Crewe28 June 2017
Good clean place to work, Very professional, good rates of pay.
I was a sub contractor helping with the flying spur contract so only lasted 6 months but was very enjoyable
Pros
Very clean
Good job
Project Engineer / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire8 June 2017
Pleasant environment. A lot of opportunities and challenges where everyone on every level can develop skills.
Good care of employee, good facilities in workplace .
Hard work but good pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire24 May 2017
Under resourced - in midst of painful transformation.
Too much work and a lack of role definition.
Good pay but long hours. Staff un-nerved and uncertain about job security which breeds a bad culture.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours and very high workloads
productive
Prepper/Painter (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire16 May 2017
good place to work and very professional work invironment.nice people there and run very well.learnt alot while i worked there and met many new friends
interesting
Intern (Former Employee) –  Crewe7 May 2017
friendly people, interesting cars, good experience, improved my english, a lot of other interns, good intern network, often not enough work for all the interns
Bentley Motors.
worker (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire5 May 2017
So, Bentley Motors! It is one of the most famous names in motoring history. The business lives up to it's name, it is a great place to work, make a lots of friends and acquaintances. Whether you are a shop floor worker or Designer/Engineer you will be overwhelmed by the knowledge of the brand people have and also the pride they have in producing amazing cars that will be the future historic motor cars.

It is old school (there are a lot of people who have served 25yrs or more) at the same time being highly technical and a respected brand within the motor industry. If I were to be critical, it is the management structure which is part English part German and it is difficult to get a good balance of management style.

The culture is that of pride in what they are producing, wanting to do their best (and succeeding), friendly and willingness to help each other. Being part of a big team.
Pros
Great Car Scheme
Cons
Structure
Nice Place
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire25 April 2017
Fantastic product... little out of date but very nice. Great company to work for. I found the sector I was recruited for very mundane, very lonely as I spent many weeks/days traveling across Europe alone.
As a company you I do not think you could ask for more.