Bentley Employee Reviews

Productive and good work place
Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Crewe13 May 2019
Bentley is good place to work and provides a good work life balance. There is opportunity for progression and support given when required. Have learned a huge amount, enjoyable work environment although can be stressful and demanding in production areas.
Pros
Flexible working, car scheme
Great Company For Work Experience
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Crewe24 March 2019
Bentley have numerous apprenticeship schemes to offer to High School students to get some work experiences being going off into the big world. Let genuinely get you involved and let you know whats it's like to be an employee of Bentley Motors.
Passion for a brand over taken by awful management
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire23 March 2019
The brand itself is amazing! Such an experience to work for a company that is known world wide and respected.

However there comes flaws in such ways with management that want you to alter results with no self respect to actually address the root cause of the problems.

Progression is slow, and demoralising - they do invest in key trends ... for example everything at Bentley is titled ‘Agile’ with out actually making it an agile work place!
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Management are old fashioned, stress can be high that results in a lack of respect for a team culture in the work place
A fast-paced and mixed work environment
Electrical Project Manager in Mulliner (Current Employee) –  Crewe3 March 2019
A typical work day can vary to extremes. When projects are running late, it's all hands on deck to get parts delivered. When everything is running smoothly, work life can even be described as boring by some, but this gives an engineer time to catch up on the more process-focused tasks and maybe even time to focus on the exciting side project that you may have in mind.

I learnt a heck of a lot in this job from a technical automotive perspective and in terms of company process. There is literally too much to put down on a reasonable amount of paper. How fast you learn and what you learn depends hugely on your mentors in the company and your immediate colleagues. Of course the biggest driving force behind your learning is you. So some engineers are still no further forward than they were on day 1.

The management varies also to extremes. I was lucky to have a manager that was very clear about what the objectives were and what he wanted. If at any point I had a different opinion, I could put this on the table and that would be acceptable. He wouldn't always let me do what I needed to in terms of validation activities, but when it came to personal requests (which admittedly there were not many of) I could pretty much expect a yes answer.

The culture in the workplace is generally good. People are proud to work for Bentley and this can be seen in the support of Bentley non-work activities.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with conflicting objectives from upper management. This generated all of the stress in my job, but my manager did understand this and certainly went
  more... a long way to protect myself and my colleagues from conflicting requests.

The most enjoyable part of the job is of course working with super-luxurious cars and having direct contact with the top engineers at Audi and Porsche. This is the kind of thing that always pulls you through the tough times, knowing that there will be a situation where you'd be sat in a car with your laptop, doing what you're best at, in the Austrian Alps, discussing and testing features with an your Audi and Porsche colleagues.
Pros
Exposure to world class engineering and Engineers
Cons
Incompetent colleagues that do not perform and aren't moved on.
A good company
Development Engineer Chassis (contract) (Former Employee) –  Crewe20 February 2019
The on site gym was convenient. The equipment was a bit out of date at the time I was a member but refurbishment was planned and new equipment with it. Staff are really friendly.
Nice place to work place
Polisher (Former Employee) –  Crewe26 January 2019
I spend lovely time at bentley. It was new experience for me with prestige cars. I have different and new skills from there...........................
Cons
12 hours
good place to work
First Response Team Member (Current Employee) –  Crewe, UK17 December 2018
I work at the main factory site in crewe. working for Bentley is a secure job with good benefits and it is also well paid. good working relationship throughout the site
Bentley
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire23 October 2018
Bentley is a great company to work for. Have great products and is brilliant experience.

Test trips are the best part of my work. Great facilities due to VW Group
Pros
Flexitime, Car scheme
Cons
Slow personal development
poorly managed company
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Crewe18 October 2018
poorly run and managed stuck in their ways loosing loads of money unable to sell products not a good place to work really bad environment to work in work force not motivated too many managers
Pros
flexy time
floors in the job
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Crewe21 July 2018
great place to work but always on edge on weather you keeo your job or not redundancys galore but rather than being cost effective bringing back old staff or at least the option they emoloy new people wasting money training them rather than bring guys back and refresh some of staff have a job title that is completely irelevant to the job managment were brilliant in resoect they approachable salary was good and hours were also pretty good makes u want to go that extra mile but at what cost i did enjoy workin there but the job security was massive issue leaving people out of work cutting costs in the wrong places
Pros
money skills and hours
Cons
job security none existant
Wheel + Tyre Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire29 June 2018
Had three an half amazing g years within engineering at Bentley, ultimately let down by higher management using cut backs to lay of a loyal punctual employee that always worked to the best of my ability.
Pros
Great work colleagues
Cons
Failure to convert from contractor to full time Bentley
Good working environment
Lapping engineer (Current Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire25 May 2018
Varied jobs have learnt to read technical drawings colleagues are both good workmates and friends. Management are approachable and friendly. I enjoy every part of my job.
Working on the first Bentley SUV
Catia V5 Designer (Former Employee) –  Crewe, United Kingdom1 May 2018
Worked on exterior trim, learned a lot about brightware and closuers.
Learned about the new Bentleys and models I never saw before.
Management was OK, some of them from Germany VW and Porsche. Workplace was different because Benley was a small company compare with others I worked before.
What I liked the most, I had a chance to test drive a REAL BENTLEY!
Pros
Friendly people and funny
Cons
Long working hours
Lead Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire11 April 2018
Good professional environment, innovative and highly technology oriented. Learned new technical and project management skill. Typically work start from 8.00 to 5.00.
Pros
Good Work Culture
Cons
Na
Bentley Motors
SENIOR ENGINEER - DESIGN CHECK (Former Employee) –  Crewe, United Kingdom13 March 2018
This was the company that offered me the opportunity to develop myself personally so that I could evolve into the career I am currently doing. The product is world renowned and the skills are key to maintaining the success of the brand
Pros
Brand identity, location to home
Cons
Slow development in the career path
agency there had no idea how to use its workforce
Door build operative (Former Employee) –  Crewe25 January 2018
I was a trained warehouse man and FLT operative before I left to work at Bentley .Aged 58 put to dragging around trolleys non stop all day long after I had been on leather work for a few weeks with no complaint, then stuck onto door build production line where I was the oldest worker, one guy who was a good few years younger than myself had a heart attack due i believe to the horrendous workload that not even the team leaders could cope with on their own. agency didn't have a clue and Bentley were terrible to work for, hated it there because you either worked till you dropped or it made you ill and then they dumped you because they could do whatever they wanted. the wages were excellent but they wanted you to work like an animal.
Pros
wages
Cons
horrendous work load
Good office culture. Limited career progression opportunities
Sales and Marketing Role (Former Employee) –  Middlewich, Cheshire19 December 2017
Bentley offers a friendly office environment and is a good organisation to learn about luxury marketing. There is a reliance on contractors and interns with a limited number of permanent roles becoming available each year.
Pros
Good office environment
Cons
Limited opportunities for graduates
productive workplace
engineering workshop (Former Employee) –  Crewe6 December 2017
I worked here for a month on a contract, it taught me how to use basic tools and prepared me for proper work other than school life, I spent a lot of time taking minor chips out with a sanding disk and scotch wool. which was very easy going.
Very loud, poor management
Leather trim and QC departments (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire8 November 2017
loud environment, often working shifts and could end up every week different shift including nights every 3 weeks...? Management uneducated people who waste 3 hours+ travelling to work everyday and blame they staff for they unhappy life they get because long hours they have to spend outside of home. Getting told off for silly reasons etc. Hectic, Big company but money could be better for harmful environment.
Pros
Short day for locals
Cons
Poor management, very noisy.
Professional Management and Staff
Receptionist and Showroom Host (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 October 2017
I worked a temporary assignment at Bentley-Leeds as Receptionist and Showroom Host, and admired their high standards of professionalism and customer service. The most enjoyable aspects of the job were the friendly and helpful work culture, and their friendly clientele.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bentley. Our community is ready to answer.

Bentley Reviews by Location