Bensons for Beds

Bensons for Beds Employee Reviews

United Kingdom129 reviews
Hard graft
Good place to work for but they expect you two lift 50-80kg on your own.

Management is always up and down they’ve been through so many managers it’s like the house that jack built..

Office staff are like hide and seek champions especially when it comes to pay day and they have messed up on wages
Pros
Salary pay, free parking, inside facilities
Cons
No over time rate, long hours, very tiring
Job
A ok company to work for pay minimum wage very rarely get your bonuses.
Slow stores you will have to get your day in. Staff you work with makes the job
Terrible
Terrible management and hardworking sales people let go because management do not appreciate or like having an employee under them who can sell, so they try get rid of you by giving you an unhealthy workload and encouraging intimidating behaviour.
Low basic for managers
Low basic for managers wages depend on commission and bonus. Things have changes now joined up with harveys. Ordinary sales people with large gate before they get paid commission are struggling in some stores. Not everyone has same gate although they let you believe everyone the same. Harveys will drag bensons down unless things change.
Pleasant enough.
Steady enough job. Colleagues are a nice bunch and the place has a close knit feel. Most managers are supportive and approachable. As with any such job, you will have to deal with some angry customers. I left solely due to non-work related personal reasons, as I was going through a bad time in my private life then, otherwise, may have stayed longer than I did and looked to progress further.

Location is a little out of the way if you are on public transport but there are buses periodically.
Pros
Supportive managers; friendly colleagues; no drama.
Company in trouble
Worked there for 7 years. Got worse every year. Senior Management are bullies and staff will rob you blind for any sake they can. Terrible place to work
Awful
Poor as poor can be, staff forced to do overtime at standard rate. Worked there for 8 years and had little support, bullying is the norm and it’s got worse year by year! When first started there was a real good vibe and family feel .. it’s horrible now and management are worse than ever .. no way would I want to recommend this place to anyone .. it’s an absolute s**t show. Poor products and staff are encouraged to break consumer rights
helping customers
hardest part of job meeting company performance and KPI
most enjoyable was finding the right product for customer needs

A lot of workplaces have down time and there can be a lot of downtime in this position if you have completed all the housekeeping tasks as customers can be far between. A typical day at work can include tidying the beds a they have display cushions or covers on them, taking in deliveries of stock which has to be checked. Building new display models.
Terrible company
The worst run company who does nothing to help their staff, the higher management are the worst I’ve encountered in any working environment. Nothing is done to ease the job by anybody
Fun, challenging, secure
Great place to work and it is easy to make a fair living as a sales assistant but not as management. As a manager there is too much work as you will now have to work for both brands
Good place to work with great Management
I worked in a small warehouse so it was quite a close friendly environment with very supportive Management. It was stressful in peak times but relaxed in between peaks.
It's sales
If you've got a way with words, can spin a yarn, know how to get people talking and are capable of being the best version of yourself in the face of adversity, then this might be for you. You're going to be dealing with all types, you're going have mind numbingly slow moments interrupted with days so busy and that pass by so quickly you'll think you haven't had time to breathe and all the energy you'll have left will be expended on celebrating.

That's it, really. Know your product, use active listening to bring up the relevant benefits and counters to objections, and know when to stop talking and get pen on paper.
Just a number
I've been with the company for many years and can honestly say that things have been going down hill for a few years now. Gone from being a valued employee to just another number.
Anyone thinking about joining should look at the level of staff turn over and all the redundancies taking place within the company.
Productive and fast paced environment
Great place to work and the staff are great, very helpful and very welcoming. Days go by very quickly, there's always something to do. Hardest part of the job was meeting daily targets even if it was a slow day with customers.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Nice showroom to work in
loved working in the showroom
learned about beds and furniture, also selling finance.

hardest part was working every weekend, no time for family

most enjoyable part, was meeting new people and helping them find the wright products for them and leaving the showroom very happy.
Not really allowed to speak to other members of the team
Not a nice place to work. The admin manager was not a person who was easily approachable, rather aloof. The supervisor just wanted to be everyone’s friend rather than supervise and then complain when she was given work to do.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Horrendously long hours, after 5pm when phones were turned off nothing to do until finish at 6pm.
Fun atmosphere, but can be stressful
Personally I love working here, I feel like within Customer Services we are like a family, majority of the co-workers are really lovely and friendly so we bring each other together during tough times.. downsides are that it can be difficult on the phones at times and dealing with the customers isn’t always easy.. - management is great too and helpful when they aren’t in meetings and are with their teams so it can be frustrating.. but I love what I do, love the people I work with and trying to help as much as we can.
Stay Clear
Where to start with this place ... most of the Drivers race around like Lewis Hamilton to get to Jobs and back to the depot before the paperwork time. Drive and work through all tacho breaks which is illegal. Driving 6_7 hours of the day without sufficient rest period. Rush you when you get to jobs and make you feel panicked which could lead to damaging someone's property. If you don't believe me please have a ago in this lovely place

out all
Fun and Eventful Experience
During my time as an internship, I had a specific role to abide to allowing me to feel as part of the team. If any questions arose, I was immediately provided an explanation on how to complete a specified task. Work ethic is healthy and if any stressful situations arose, manager would resolve the situation calmly. I learned how to communicate with customers based on the situation allowing me to expand my communication skills and meeting the customers demand of product. I gained a wide knowledge on beds and the design behind it, allowing me to start selling on the third day there.
Would definitely recommend to a friend.
slow
working for bensons for beds wasn't the greatest experience as the store I was working in was very quiet. it was expected to meet targets when they had just moved the shop from a busy retail park to a quiet one.
Mixed feelings
My time with the company was bitter sweet, after a great interview I was really looking forward to starting my career as an advisor with them.

Then the training.... slide show after slide show, no practical experience, 1 broken laptop between 3 people, very rushed and overpopulated. Very strict and single rate over-time. I think I was just unlucky with the timing of joining the business as I would have liked to stayed.

If you make it though the training (unlike me) the non managers seem like really good people, the ones who are staying anyway :)
Pros
Good interview process
Cons
Lack of training and development