Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

awful comany
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 May 2018
Worst compnany i have ever worked for, managment couldnt care less about you, you are just a number in this company, training team think they are a lot better than you, not interested in how the can help you, just want to put you under lots of pressure.

want you to be very pushy as a member of staff, try to put you out of your comfort zone, very high and unacheivable targets, with no help and guidence to reach these, i would never advise anyone to work for this company.
Must be Hard Working, Self Motivated
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim8 May 2018
This is a commissioned based job - therefore it is not the expected, girly confidence boosting and inspirational job some may hope. Its hard sales, sometimes forced and ungenuine in a bid to make unrealistic targets and performance will always be measured in sales, rather than hard-working work ethic or creating great customer service, which I personally see as a priority.
Worst company I have worked for
Brow Expert (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 April 2018
This is by far the worst company I have worked for. Extremely unprofessional company and team. Young, useless, inexperienced staff, worked to the bone, humiliating uniforms and work ethics. DO NOT WORK HERE
Pros
Free make up
Cons
Long shifts, bad pay
Fun place to work but high targets
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cheshire5 April 2018
I worked as a beauty advisor for benefit cosmetics for nearly 2 years. In this time, the only progression that I received was becoming full-time. The business is its self is fun, girly and energetic although a person can’t be fun, girly and energetic all the time! I worked for Debenhams, so my wage was rubbish. The only benefits that we received was 20% off, but Debenhams then took that away. You get allocation two times a year ( The amount of money you receive depends on your job role ) But this was the only bonus benefit cosmetic gave you. No staff shop, no further discount on your own products... you get 2% commission, which is good if you make a lot of money! You will learn the ‘magic formula’ which is a selling technique - in other words, don’t stop showing the customer products until they say no. It sounds like all I can say about working here is negative, although I really enjoyed working with my team and the atmosphere in general! We always had music playing loudly and our counter had a really fun environment. BUT One main thing to know before applying for a job at benefit is traffic stopping is compulsory. If you cannot go up to a stranger and convince them to come to your counter, do not apply for the job. Traffic stopping is a huge part of the job, and it is strongly forced upon by managers and area managers. This put a lot of pressure on us, although the technique works, it’s very pushy. You half to wear all benefit make up and you have to look a certain way (which I get) although this can make you feel as if you must look a certain way to work for them.  more... Like I said, I loved the majority of my time working for benefit, but be aware that there is a lot of pressure to hit your high targets and that is no excuse why you should not be traffic stopping! 😊  less
Good if you didn't want to progress
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Harrogate3 April 2018
Targets were always too high for our quiet store which put stress high and made it a horrible place to work. Also hardly any progression as there was only one account manager needed if it was a small store.
Pros
Makeup allowence
Cons
Stressful
Fun and fast paced
Aesthetician and brow & makeup specialist (Current Employee) –  Guildford18 March 2018
You are sold a very fun environment with perks and incentives however the catch is that the company strives on targets - doesn't sound like a bad thing, but it can be incredibly intense and definitely not for the anxious and easily disheartened.
Pros
A friendly team throughout company
Cons
Intense and overwhelming at the majority of times
stressful and poor management
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 March 2018
Poor management and awful company to work for, don't care about their staff. Pay is very average, and everyone fights for a customer so they can make commission.
Fun fun fun
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway15 March 2018
Benefit is all about the fun and excitement on counter. I have worked in both Boots and Debenhams counters. When a product is launched there is pretty much a party on counter.
Great benefits, training and job/career opportunities within the company is you wish to progress.
made redundant
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  selfridges manchester26 February 2018
I was made redundant on maternity leave. I felt this was done very unfairly and as a result would not recommend anyone to work here. I also have former colleagues with similar experiences.
Terrible
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 February 2018
Worst place i’ve worked.
Purely a sales brand, the company or management couldn’t care less about staff or customers.
The makeup is terrible, benefits way or the highway.
No room for creativity or anyone who wants to peruse any sort of career in makeup.
Extremely pushy with targets as that’s all they care about, how much money they’re making. Complete lack of compassion from the whole company.
Extremely disorganised as a business, waited 3 months after i’d been told i got the job until I was actually on shift, was then placed on a counter with another brand new girl with no training for two months.
Constant performance reviews.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, too pushy with targets, lack of compassion from management, unorganised, awful makeup
Awful place overall
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex1 February 2018
Management are so rude to the staff, you’re treated like a slave and constantly spoken down too. The staff turn over is ridiculous. I was there 6months and I didnt work with the same people for more than 2 months. Every lunch break I searched frantically for new jobs. I suffered major anxiety from that work place. Make complaint after complaint and boots just turned a blind eye. NEVER WORK IN CRAWLEY BENEFIT. Area manager is a stuck up cow. All they care about is money. Also, the makeup is rubbish!
Pros
Boots pay is very good
Cons
Long hours, exhausting, pressured, low moral everywhere
Good Promotion Plan
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  South West22 January 2018
Benefit look after their team really well, have a great promotion scheme where you can work towards a management position. The brand is so fun to work for and really look after you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of training (can be good!!)
Ok place to work but a few issues.
Make-up Consultant (Former Employee) –  London18 January 2018
I easy to get commission when working for benefit as customers were normally quite nice and I found it easy to sell the benefit products to the right types of people.
The management were not very good, very bad communication between management and staff. No real direction as we were also paid by Boots so different messages were constantly given. No consistency.
Colour and product range was very restricted so could not advise or help every customer who approached the brand.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Lack of communication, restrictive products.
Ideal and fun place to work
host (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames12 January 2018
I enjoyed working at benefit, my typical day at work was to up-sell products, preform makeovers, and keep the makeup counter tidy. I improved on my confidence in approaching customers, this benefits me in my day-to-day life. I also learnt a lot about makeup which I really enjoyed learning about. Makeup is one of my interests and I would love to advance in this area. The hardest part of the job was to manage all the customers during the busy Christmas period but I enjoyed the thrill of it.
Pros
Job hours
Cons
When times weren't busy, finding jobs to do
Hard work in account manager role
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2018
Very taxing and long hours with little bonuses or salary benefit. The sale targets and aspirational appointment numbers were near impossible to reach due to store locations and little praise would be given by store or team when targets were reached.
Benefit is the worst company I have ever worked for!..
benefit brow expert (Former Employee) –  Essex14 December 2017
Loser management.don't get to do the job you are employed to do. all about meeting targets. If you want a job in makeup or brows, look elsewhere.
Lots of paperwork. Negative feedback to staff.
Forced to push products onto customer's.
Traffic stopping continually
If you fit in your ok
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London4 December 2017
Personally, it was not the right environment for me. I found the trainer who I worked with unwilling to teach and also did not know how to amend lesson to fit around dyslexic people. Although, the girls were lovely and made me feel welcome.
Pros
1hr lunch and lovely girls
Cons
management
terrible place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxford Street9 November 2017
During my time at benefit i have no progressed even though i voiced that i wanted to. The managers do not care for their staff they just care about making money. They don't appreciate their staff in anyway shape or form and thats why it has such a high turn over of staff
Pros
my team
Cons
long hours, not enough money, expect everything from you give nothing back
Not the best
Brow expert (Former Employee) –  Kent7 November 2017
I worked here a s a brow expert and left before my probation period ended. The interview is misleading as to how much pressure you receive to meet targets and approach anyone in stores to persuade to get brow treatments. I did enjoy the make up side more and had excellent colleagues but unfortunately didn’t succeed or agree with their target basis. If you feel comfortable pushing sales/treatments upon anyone it’s for you, if you don’t agree with this do not apply, I personally wouldn’t recommend to anyone. It has unfortunately put me off the beauty/make up industry which I am passionate about since my experience.
Awful
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 October 2017
awful, would not recommend anyone for work for such a company with no job security, no employee treatment, benefits. Sales driven pressurising overall not a nice company to work for