BELLA ITALIA Employee Reviews

Poor development and training
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire7 May 2018
I have many years experience in the hospitality and this company is one of the worst I have worked for. None existent training, other team members are unhelpful. Being forced into using your own money for till float.
Being told that you have a basic minimum hours of 20 yet the only put 10 hours on the contract.
They take 5% of tips off you if the customer puts the tip on card.
No structure during service, poor cleanliness.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Training, hours
Worse job ive ever had
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Loughborough12 February 2018
This place does not care about you if you work hard or if your doing more work than any other person. The work puts stress on employee due to management team being childish except few employees and one manager.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stress, hating your job, some times not getting paid fully
great menu, good training, low standards
Trainee Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon9 January 2018
Tips are a major problem with some sites, I know sites that the tip policy works great for as it's done fairly but the site I was at meant my team would become quite selfish. GM and AM would take tips too, on their salaries I think that is quite disgusting. Personally I don't believe you should be tipped for doing your job.
I feel the cleaning standards are not as high as other companies that I have worked for, which was always a frustrating task daily as no one else would clean.
Great menu; plenty of options for children, vegetarians, vegans and those with allergies and intolerance's.
Work hours are not too bad.
The training and progression is ok.
Pros
Great menu, decent hours
Cons
No team morale, no support
a lot of hoursand poor area ma ager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire8 November 2017
I was working for Bella Italia and I was doing every week almost 65 hours with a rediculus salary terrible I will not recommended at all never again.
Busy
Waitress and Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 October 2017
Late nights are a must because you work a lot of hours
Good bonus with tips and customers are always nice
Good environment to work
Benefits are good discount
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Produtive and very good place
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Brighton31 August 2017
This workplace was very professional. Help each other was a standard in Bella Italia . Very professional training , very higher standard. Climate in that work place was good. Only problem with accomodation disurbed me in continue work in that work place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very good
Enjoyable flexible job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear31 August 2017
Simple easy enjoyable job with flexible shift patterns.. plenty of opportunities to progress.. teaches a great deal about customer service.. young fun culture due to plenty of student staff.. incentive driven ..
Pros
Team meals .. easy
Cons
Unsociable hours .. sometimes stressful
Good at start
Waiter/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham30 August 2017
When I first started the company was really good but through the years they thought more about taking money than looking after there staff and did not invest in the Durham restaurant and let it fall to bits.
Poor Management, high turnover of staff
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire15 August 2017
Working at the restaurant itself was enjoyable and a nice workplace environment.

However, when offered a full time position, you only work under 20 hours a week. Some weeks are only 10 hours or less.

Poor management - high turnover of staff so told different things by different managers and therefore nothing gets done. Expect you to be at their beck and call, and is all one sided.
Pros
Free Dinners
Cons
Unreliable
bad management
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire27 June 2017
They pay minimum wage and they expect you to do miracles. You supposed to be able to handle a busy shift on your own. Greeting customers, taking orders, making the drinks, serving the food, keeping the place tidy ON YOUR OWN....the manager has no time to be on the floor, the reason for that I don't know...and then dealing with the customers' complaints as they don't understand why the service is slow. Their only goal is to save hours. Its a never-ending struggle...
Pros
free meal although just few items from the menu
Cons
horrible place to work
Unreliable hours
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leeds Briggate23 June 2017
I loved the people I worked with, but we were all often left in difficult situations, struggling for staff. Saying that I left the company twice due to insufficient hours leaving me unable to pay my bills.
Pros
free food
Cons
no enough hours
Not Good To Work For
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire31 May 2017
They're Just Mean People, that have no respect for their employees, colleagues that are higher in the employment ladder take it upon themselves to belittle you infront of other people to show what i assume is dominance.
Pros
Cons
Mean Employees
Dont stick to the contract terms
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire30 April 2017
Promise you part time hours then stick you with full time hours and if you say you cant do them they knock your hours down to just 2 or 3 a week, lovely people to work with and fantastic training but dont treat you very well
Pros
Free meal on 4 hour + shift
Cons
Hours all over the place
good workplace
Chef (Current Employee) –  Manchester27 April 2017
a good workplace, been here for a few years now, had my daughter and went on maternity and returned to my job although the work life balance and flexible working hours are not the best with a young child overall a great workplace with lots of opportunities to progress
bad
Kitchen Porter / Dessert maker and prep (Former Employee) –  York25 April 2017
awful they just mess everyone around giving them bad tasks the high end members dont want to do.
awful pay of minimum wage and terrible managers that dont even know what there doing and abusive
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Like a family, best place I have worked
FOH Staff (Current Employee) –  Leicester24 April 2017
Fun, lovely customers, amazing team, opportunities to progress, plenty of incentives and awesome tips, consistent hours. Staff meals, good discounts at all Bella, Cafe rouge, las iguanas, belgo and some other restaurants in the CDG chain - 50% off the bill!
Pros
Free meal on staff set menu
aqqswddde
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich,UK19 April 2017
dwewdffwwfefweeffffffffffffffffwwwwwwwweffffffffff
Pros
e
Cons
e
Bar man (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London26 March 2017
Good place to work for a first time barman or waiter learnt a lot of skills that will be beneficial for me in the future. Enjoyed my time here and still eat there
Fun work place not stimulating at all, team working not adequated and bad management
Waitress and Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 March 2017
I didn't find a serious management, not guaranteed any minimum standards of effective employment. In case of disease you can't have enough resources to cover your primary necessities
Not great.
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Essex21 March 2017
Great Team and great location for a busy restuaraunt however managment are very uninterested in support and training for any new staff. The boss will sit upstairs in his office while you struggle downstairs to cope with the ratio of customers to staff on the restaurant floor.
I would only consider working for this company again if the management were more consistant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BELLA ITALIA. Our community is ready to answer.