Beefeater Employee Reviews

only worked for 2 months
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex24 June 2019
i relocated to Hastings and undertook a job with beefeater, i was living with my girl friend at the time, all in all i really enjoyed the job and due to a break down in relatonship i had to move back to london, in terms of the job it was a fun energetic working environment to work in, it taught me alot about bar work as it was something i had never done before so to be given that opportunity i was truly grateful for it, i learn how to pull the perfect pints and how to interact with customers and be customer friendly, the hardest part of the job was learning how to devise your time and work in a timely manner, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and learning new things, in terms of management they where very nice and very understanding of my situation, i was told i could transfer to a beefeater in london but this did not transpire which i was a little disappointed about .
Pros
discounted food while working, free chips at times
Cons
long hours unsociable hours
A fun place to work and a friendly staff environment
Starter Chef (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 May 2019
Beefeater is a good place to work as it values its team members as well as the customers that visit. It has a friendly work environment and the team management there have a very strong work ethic.
Pros
Good pay and good communication within the workplace
Cons
Long hours interfering with college work
good workplace
Chef Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 March 2019
worked for the company for many years, Feel like its lost its way. their isn't much loyalty anymore and staff that have lengthy service aren't looked after.
Pros
50% staff food Reward scheme, Share save
Cons
Hours constantly cut to the detriment of the bussiness
Fun workplace
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aston Clinton11 March 2019
When I was working here I got on with everyone I worked with but I was only here when I was doing work experience In school but was a very good experience
Pros
Free food
First real job
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Godstone22 February 2019
Lots of organisation, manage to look and clean a kitchen. When I worked here it was one of the best beefeaters in the county.
Stock control was done everyday.
Pros
Friendliness
fun place to work
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Swanley, Kent6 February 2019
I enjoyed working at beefeater in a typical day I would either start at 10 am till close or I would do a 5 till closes shift I learned that once i got the hang of the job i was pretty good management team was a joke work culture was get all the old staff bk who left hard part (most annoying was when i was almost finished being giving filters to clean the most enjoyable part was the people i worked with
Pros
if you work long hours you got free food
Miserable and bad atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire25 December 2018
Management are slovenly and use bullying tactics high turnover of staff. Lacking in commutation skills when dealing with disabled staff appalling. Bad time keeping by management, lazy and uno-operative when bullying was reported. A very unhappy and miserable place to work. No breaks and not enough staff to provide a good service
Pros
Nothing sometimes no time for a drink and no break
Cons
Everything lack of encouragement no feedback
Worst place ever unless you work front of house
Chef (Former Employee) –  Worcester10 October 2018
Awful place to work at from top to bottom no teamwork high pressure non-stop and it's all about cleaning unsociable hours and code of work up to 60 hours a week if you work there long enough management have no care for the kitchen and control it but don't do anything about it and leave it be to take care of itself always being shouted at by managers that have no clue about the business all the kitchen understaffed constantly in the kitchen underpaid no brakes unless you smoke and the food quality is rubbish as they want the food out as quick as possible not properly cooked so microwaved 1 manager wanted chips microwave don't get me started on the area management so if you work in the front of house basically a waiter or waitress this job is 5 Stars because of tips but anywhere else it's not
Pros
None really except a few mates met in the business
Quiet workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Farnborough16 August 2018
Relaxing work environment and the other staff were easy to get along with. I enjoyed this job as I can put to use some skills that I have learned from previous jobs.
Pros
Free drink
Cons
Short hours
Worker
Waiter - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 July 2018
It was a good experience, but sometimes it got to much for me because I was a student and then I wanted to get a job out it but I wasn’t allowed because of my age
Pros
Free food
Productive but stressful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester9 May 2018
I currently work at a busy beefeater in Greater Manchester. Work is relatively okay, a lack of support in gaining more contracted hours is leading me to consider other companies who offer more.

Business culture is amazing by the management team, who are always supporting and have the passion and drive to succeed, however some bar staff are best described useless and slacking, often leading to a reliance on one or two people to do all the work whilst those who are lazy just stand around and do nothing.

Worklife balance is one of the best I’ve ever had, especially compared to other leading companies in this industry. There are always hours to pick up or drop should you need, but when you ask for your contracted hours to be upped to meet the hours you constantly work they have no intention on doing so leading to a unstable future.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Failure to gaurentee future stability
productive and happy work place
breakfast waitress (Former Employee) –  Redditch8 May 2018
was a lovely friendly place to work and the staff I worked with where friendly and helpful as they new I was a new starter to there team. enjoyable and fun, I worked mornings so didn't see a lot of the staff that worked there.
Pros
friendly managers
Cons
no break
challenge
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe27 February 2018
a very high pressured environment, working in a large team within a very busy kitchen, cooking and presenting food, ensuring the running of the kitchen along side the other chefs.
Pros
work always available
Cons
stressful and high pressured
Productive and efficent
Dessert Chef (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire21 February 2018
A typical day at work is everyone helping each other and learning how to place the food in certain ways onto the plates. This is to achieve a different design from other restaurants. The restaurant works well to create a warm cosy family feel. On some days we had events, i.e Mothers Day, Valentines Day and leading up to the Christmas season we could have anything up to 500 plus customers, which were either bookings and walking in's. My favourite part of this job was working on front line with the head-chef and sous-chef.
Pros
Free Refreshments
Productive but Tiring
Bar Staff and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire15 February 2018
I worked as a member of the bar team and also did food running whilst working there which was mostly fun. At times it did get really busy especially on weekends which meant you had to rush a lot of things and not everyone helped you, especially if you was put in dispense by yourself so you would have a lot of drink tickets to do at once and also staff would be asking you to do other jobs that wasn't in your title, but overtime you would end up knowing how to do most of the jobs in the resturaunt. I did learn very good bar skills and cleaning techniques however it did get quite draining on weekends. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning and the overall vibe of the workplace was very nice to be in. Traiding shifts and calling in sick was always a problem because the resturaunt was always so busy they needed you in, and when I started getting better at my job it took way too much time away from my education.
Pros
Nice food on breaks, great tips
Cons
Draining, Took time off of education, lack of help at times
enjoyable workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Whitchurch21 November 2017
I learned a lot about waitress service, taking orders, making and serving drinks, and making desserts.
I used to set up breakfast, which was a continental breakfast.
There was always a manager or team leader on the floor to help out.
It was a lovely, fun and good place to work, i experienced a lot.
Most enjoyable part was waiting on party's.
Pros
Good tips
Easy work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swanley16 November 2017
Enjoyed working here did get busy in the weekends and could some times be understaffed but apart from that the people are friendly and can have a laugh c
Shambles
Kitchen staff/Barman (Current Employee) –  the bar, UK15 November 2017
many of the people are nice but management was a nightmare they didn't know what to do most of them where very young adults with no experience. other then that food is mostly good and bar team was amazing
Pros
The Bar & kitchen teams where good
Cons
long hours, no breaks, no food.
great team to work with
Pot Washer (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey23 September 2017
i enjoyed working here but it was the hardest job ive done it is the busiest place to working in and i enjoyed the fast pace during busy times. the team was great and i liked meeting the staff great benefits working for this company with the chance to progress far
Pros
discounts in all of whitbreads companys
Cons
long hrs
Not for everyone..
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Cirencester, UK11 September 2017
Not the greatest company to work for, No Un-sociable hour pay, No additional overtime pay. Always offer the minimum they can in terms of pay, The only extra as a team member you can expect to get is from your customers so be polite!

Management is usually quite hit and miss, Some can be good others can be atrocious.

Would personally not recommend
Cons
Long hours, No unsociable hour pay, Limited development, Hositle environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beefeater. Our community is ready to answer.