Bedfordshire Police

Bedfordshire Police Employee Reviews

United Kingdom47 reviews
Lots of challenging work, everyday has a new thing, good top management, inadequate staff but its a nationwide issue after the budget cuts. High crime area which keeps you on your feet at all times.
Working out of a small station was excellent, knew everyone, got on with everyone, being local knew the area, loved it. Unfortunately, the powers that be decided to close down rural areas, so the station was closed just as the area was doubling in the size, population and shop growth.
Pros
Local, small group of ppl, money
Cons
Closed down
Being a police officer is a very difficult and challenging career, however the rewards far outweigh the long hours, including the shifts.
You will have spend your first 2 years training, before you will be confirmed in post, I enjoyed my time as a police officer.
As an Enquiry Officer I initially received around £26,000 per annum. Unfortunately due to restructuring if the role, reduction in sociable hours benefits and the weekend enhancement the role has taken a large pay cut. This would have been ok if it still covered my outgoings, but unfortunately it wasnt the case for me or several of my colleagues.
I have made amazing friends with the tri force from the lowest paid to the highest, an amazing place to work And amazing people, well nearly all.
The force should have concentrated a little more on those that work hard and that are efficient.
Bedfordshire Police is a good place to work, professional, passionate and hardworking,dedicated individuals who goes all out to help the general public.
Great place to work. Lots of support and encouragement. Great team.
Good working environment and you learn ALOT.

Have to have good people skills and good communication skills.

You will deal with a diverse range of people.
Great place to work with lots of organisational support. There is however, constant change within the organisation so things change on a regular basis. That said, Would definitely recommend.
Overall a brilliant experience of the job roles Bedfordshire police have also completing public services qualifications gave me an insight on the experience needed to work within the police force
Joining the police over twenty years ago brought a great satisfaction to my life. I gained purpose and fulfilled a life long ambition. The journey through my career brought with it challenges, both professionally and privately, but I would not have changed any part of that journey. I experienced many aspects of the job and along the way and made many good friends. If I were asked today by someone should I join the police, I would still recommend that they at least explored any opportunity, even though the job is not what it was when I joined, as all things moved on and change.
Good fast paced atmosphere and great training given. Staff friendly and helpful, good onsite facilities. Many different opportunities for individuals.
The hardest part of the job is keeping a impartial view, most enjoyable part to this job is getting a fair and accurate outcome and what i have learnt is you should never judge a book by its cover.
The job itself was good with lots to learn but staff weren’t that great. Management was even worse. Had no time to listen and when you were being heard, you weren’t getting a solution. They’ve packed a good few liars in the bunch too. If favouritism exists, it’s right here.
Do not know why I stayed so long, the response management are just a joke, sorry that’s wrong not all of them just team 2 at Luton, they are happy to stab in in the back.
Bedfordshire Police is the only force rated ‘inadequate’ by HMIC in the country reason being it’s still an old mans club if you’re face don’t fit in you will be out.

You will be open to malicious allegations being made and even be investigated no matter how good and honest you are.. it’s a joke

If you are good at something don’t do it for free...being used and abused to give the credit to the people above who would be taking home a massive salary with a fat pension pot, there future is secure and you would be the muppet on front line to face the dangerous criminals who are 99% of the time armed.
Pros
Non
Cons
Corruption, Lies
House to house enquiries to support investigations. Community event support and engagement. Anti Social Behaviour management. Intelligence gathering and submission.
Pros
Varied role in different environments.
Cons
Shift work but not passed 10pm. Outside in all weathers.
A great role and very rewarding however you have to prepare for impacts on your personal life. Having completed my service I am proud of what I achieved and would not have changed much.
Pros
Rewarding career
Cons
High impact on personal life
It’s a good place to work but you must be careful around some people as some things can come off funny.

Some people can’t really take jokes and act a bit weird and pressure you
Pros
Salary
Cons
It is a good constabulary to work for, it provides flexible working hours and excellent work balance as and when required.

My role is challenging, I deal with road traffic collision across three counties ranging from slight to very serious injuries and damage only. I enjoy dealing with members of the public and I aim to provide excellent customer services and satisfaction to them.
Pros
flexible working hours
I attend police cadets as a part time volunteer which has given me the opportunity to learn about policing and supporting the community. At cadets I enjoy working as a team and independently and how to deal with difficult situations.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
N/a