Bedford Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Management can be appalling depending
administrator (Former Employee) –  administrator14 May 2019
Management in certain areas are appalling, they have their favourites and if your face does not fit that's it!!!!! lots of bullying by some managers too.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, Bullying
Mangers lost
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  All over30 September 2018
The so called managers have lost touch with reality it's get the job done at all costs no staff no equipment but that don't matter as long as the management look good
Pros
Staff you work along side you
Cons
So so many don't know where to start
Horrible experience
Pre registrational staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire21 July 2018
poor treatment of staff . some good managers but all in all a horrible place to work . ruined me as a personal and almost drove me to take my own life from depression from the way I was treated my HR during an investigation in which I was innocent!
Well paying for a student
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire29 June 2018
physically demanding work
long hour shifts
productive
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bedford20 March 2018
it is a good place to work and develop but the work life balance is poor especially if you have children. the long hours are hard but means you work less days a week which is a bonus.
Pros
pension
Cons
fun productive hard work stressfull
registerd nurse [bank] (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire1 March 2018
typically i am part of a team that runs the child day surgery unit . management are generally supportive. i have loved my career as a nurse, but it can be very stresfull, and after 35 years i feel i have done my time! i would like to find a job which still involves working around people. i also like cooking and i also like the idea of working in a cafe or small kichin as an assistant.
Pros
meeting and working with parents and children from all walks of life
Cons
short staffed. lack of equipment
Good holiday and pension, bad management
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bedford7 November 2017
In my admin role, we are made to carry out tasks that other departments should do, we should really be on a Band 4 pay scale, not 3! Considering those on band 4 do very little! No recognition for our work, I didn't even have meetings during my probation which I should have done.
Issues presented to managers are not dealt with appropriately, ESPECIALLY when other members of staff are unprofessional. Some managers don't even really know what they are doing.....
I knew the NHS was in a state, but after working here, it's clear to see what a disorganised organisation this really is! And that's just my admin department, not to mention the problems in Maternity..
Pros
Good holiday and pension, opportunities to progress
Cons
Pay, management, organisation, car parking
clinical support worker (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire2 April 2017
excellent and staff development. opportunity to learn new skills and challenges roles for personal growth and development. good team work and job security.
Pros
good pension
Cons
distance
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Bedford17 September 2016
A good place to work, many good people. I have gained a lot of experience whilst working here. There is good support for staff.
Pros
Cons
Parking
Buen ambiente de trabajo
enfermera (Current Employee) –  bedford12 January 2016
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo. Un puesto que me sirvió para aprender mucho y formarme en mi profesión.
Patient care apprentice (Current Employee) –  Bedford, ENG28 July 2015
Great place to work where support is always offered when it is needed. Made to feel like part of the "family" straight away.
Speech and Language Therapist
Specialist Speech and Language Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bedford Speech and Language Therapy Dept.11 December 2014
• Primary clinician assigned to manage speech and language therapy services to the Bedford Hospital Stroke Unit; also required to provide services to other wards as required.
• Provided independent bedside swallowing assessments, diet modifications and compensatory strategies to inpatients presenting with dysphagia.
• Administration and interpretation of language assessments (basic language screener, Comprehensive Aphasia Test, Mt. Wilga High Level Language Assessment) to both inpatient and outpatients.
• Required to manage the speech and language therapy outpatient clinic with a focus on patients presenting with dysphagia and acquired speech and language difficulties.
• Weekly attendance at multidisciplinary team meetings.
Providing guidance and support to the speech and language therapy support practitioner in delivering therapy programs to patients.
Productive, good teamwork
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford8 November 2014
Excellent teamwork and working environment. Workload is reasonable. Patients are satisfied and workflow is very organized. Can't see any faults.
nice place and area to work
Sterile service technician (Former Employee) –  bedford10 February 2014
lovely environment to work also good management, also we are working as a team of 8 people, they are lovely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bedford Hospital NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Bedford Hospital NHS Trust Reviews by Location