Bechtel

Bechtel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews
Internship program is well structured and there is many events organised for interns to enable them to network with seniors. Seniors are very helpfull and willing to support.
Work environment is normally busy, but not exhausting. the most important lesson learned was to be flexible. Management is usually strict sometimes harsh fair
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I enjoyed my time at Bechtel, I had seen colleagues that I had previously worked with in that same field of work there.

It's a friendly environment to work at, Hr was always there to help if you needed assistance, including IT.

I had a good team and a great boss to work for.

Lots of meeting to attend.
Pros
Cafe onsite for breakfast
Cons
Very professional work environment.
lots of social activity and competitions. In house training and personal development.

Very pro-active international collaboration with USA head office.
Bechtel has the feeling of being in a big family with a great deal of support from senior management.
The work opportunities that Bechtel provides for expansion in their workforce to become leaders is admirable.
Played a supportive technical role in the EPCM onshore project for West Nile Delta (WND) British Petroleum (BP) based in Egypt as nominated Technical Authority
Everyone thinks they are always doing their jobs and they are better than everyone else, especially the older ones, where in fact, no one know what they are doing, or they know but it is being done extremely wrong, unorganized and there is zero communication.
Bechtel does not do a job of making you feel included or important.
Bechtel does a good job at earning money off their employees but not investing in the younger population. Not very sustainable.
Pros
Some knowledgable peopleto learn from
Cons
Don't invest into training of employee.
I worked with some really great intelligent people there, however a prejudiced culture was very prominent and openly voiced particularly among the supervisors who came from the Houston office, because there were few projects in that office. As a result those working for such managers adopted the same attitude.

Additionally there was no work life balance with regular overtime being expected in the evenings and weekends although time and again this proved unproductive.

On a positive not because it is a project based environment the team you work with changes from project to project.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Prejudice
Bechtel Enterprises, Inc., is the project development, financing and ownership affiliate of the Bechtel organization, one of the world’s largest engineering & construction firms.
I was there 14 years working long hours and lots of weekends and relocated 6 times to where they needed me. When this last project ended I was told we have no place to send you, so you are done. That old saying work hard and it will pay off. I found that not to be a true statement along with loyalty. But I have to say that I had some good managers and great people I worked with over the years. The work is fast pasted and you must stay on top of your game.
Pros
Worked with some great people
Cons
You can be let go at any time
A company that will give you experience of working on some of the biggest projects in the world. Bechtel also reaches across several industries including Oil & Gas, Power, Infrastructure and encompasses all engineering disciplines.
Very diverse company, who worked you hard, but in turn looked after their staff well. Promoted development and progression within the company.

Access to a wide range of the workforce, so plenty of interaction at varying levels.
Pros
Good work ethic
Cons
Great experience but no innovation. not a lot more to say.

good environment but poor recruiting leads to poor management and decision making
benefits
Cons
no follow ups
good very nice people 5 stars facilities and a good opportunity to grow in career.
worked as a handyman in vauxhall for almost a year with a lovely team
Again no typical day at work.
Work overtakes your life

NO work life balance

Enjoyable part of the job was working for my boss, his management style was second to none
London office, the culture is to stab you in the back, inexperience management, all too focused on climbing the ladder, no team spirit. Great place for ethnic minorities, can get away with anything as it looks great on the company's diversity stats.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Very interesting at first but work after a couple of years it became monotonous. Great career progression prospects, good salary and most importantly fantastic colleagues.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor management
it is coming in and knowing that the pattern will vary from yesterday.
I have learned to be patient and tolerant at work of every worker. my co-workers are the best team anyone will wish to work with and I enjoyed been busy and having to resolve tricky time management with job orders coming all at once with little time to resolve them.
Pros
Been charge of my work space
Cons
career growth
An extremely hard working organisation and it is a pleasure to be a part of some of the multibillion pound projects. Great organisation to build skills whilst working on mega projects.
Very good level of engineering, good management and work quality.