Bechtel Employee Reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 2,640 reviews
Feel like a number
Engineer (Current Employee) –  London14 August 2018
Bechtel does not do a job of making you feel included or important.
Bechtel does a good job at earning money off their employees but not investing in the younger population. Not very sustainable.
Pros
Some knowledgable peopleto learn from
Cons
Don't invest into training of employee.
Well Paid but Prejudiced
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bechtel OG&C London5 June 2018
I worked with some really great intelligent people there, however a prejudiced culture was very prominent and openly voiced particularly among the supervisors who came from the Houston office, because there were few projects in that office. As a result those working for such managers adopted the same attitude.

Additionally there was no work life balance with regular overtime being expected in the evenings and weekends although time and again this proved unproductive.

On a positive not because it is a project based environment the team you work with changes from project to project.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Prejudice
Worked with some great people
Sr. Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  All Over27 March 2018
I was there 14 years working long hours and lots of weekends and relocated 6 times to where they needed me. When this last project ended I was told we have no place to send you, so you are done. That old saying work hard and it will pay off. I found that not to be a true statement along with loyalty. But I have to say that I had some good managers and great people I worked with over the years. The work is fast pasted and you must stay on top of your game.
Pros
Worked with some great people
Cons
You can be let go at any time
Big Projects with Big Budgets
Senior Control Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  London30 August 2017
A company that will give you experience of working on some of the biggest projects in the world. Bechtel also reaches across several industries including Oil & Gas, Power, Infrastructure and encompasses all engineering disciplines.
Productive, varied and challenging workplace
PA to the HR Mgr & L&D Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  London19 June 2017
Very diverse company, who worked you hard, but in turn looked after their staff well. Promoted development and progression within the company.

Access to a wide range of the workforce, so plenty of interaction at varying levels.
Pros
Good work ethic
Cons
Great experience but no innovation
Strategy Consultant / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, UK27 February 2017
Great experience but no innovation. not a lot more to say.

good environment but poor recruiting leads to poor management and decision making
benefits
Cons
no follow ups
good
Handyman/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall Station23 February 2017
good very nice people 5 stars facilities and a good opportunity to grow in career.
worked as a handyman in vauxhall for almost a year with a lovely team
Wor k work work|
PA to Prime Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire2 February 2017
Again no typical day at work.
Work overtakes your life
NO work life balance
Enjoyable part of the job was working for my boss, his management style was second to none
Worst experience of my life
London (Former Employee) –  London, U.K.16 November 2016
London office, the culture is to stab you in the back, inexperience management, all too focused on climbing the ladder, no team spirit. Great place for ethnic minorities, can get away with anything as it looks great on the company's diversity stats.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Great place to work - for a while...
Engineer (Current Employee) –  London18 August 2016
Very interesting at first but work after a couple of years it became monotonous. Great career progression prospects, good salary and most importantly fantastic colleagues.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor management
the best
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  London26 March 2016
it is coming in and knowing that the pattern will vary from yesterday.
I have learned to be patient and tolerant at work of every worker. my co-workers are the best team anyone will wish to work with and I enjoyed been busy and having to resolve tricky time management with job orders coming all at once with little time to resolve them.
Pros
Been charge of my work space
Cons
career growth
Productive place to work.
Contract Formation Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ENG13 November 2014
An extremely hard working organisation and it is a pleasure to be a part of some of the multibillion pound projects. Great organisation to build skills whilst working on mega projects.
Very good Company
Senior Process Control Engineer - Designer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 June 2014
Very good level of engineering, good management and work quality.
Played lawn tennis as a past time and exrcise with friends from other contrctors on different places in Ruwais and Abu Dhabi.
Piping Superintendent-PMC (Current Employee) –  London, ENG24 February 2014
Getting to the job site earlier than expected and keeping right knock off time. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my schedule of home leave arrived.
Great Place to work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London19 February 2014
Bechtel is a great place to work, especially for someone to start their career in a Matrix organization.
A typical day at work is full of lots of queries and paperwork from employees and Functions.
I get to communicate with Project around the Globe which gets quite challenging sometimes considering that Bechtel Civil projects are running in more than 20 different counties.

Overall, it’s a great place to work and learn.
Cons
Travel
Detailed and amazing career pathway
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG26 November 2013
It was an awesome experience. A typical day at work was always loaded with specific tasks or those carried over, lunch by 12 noon, site visit by 4pm and home bound by 5:30pm.
I learned so much during my time with the company, Instrumentation, data management and so much more skills were acquired.
Management was one of my major tasks on the project and I was able to deliver accurate data and I did this on time.
I had a very good relationship with all my co-workers, we worked, had lunch did all our site visits and excursions together as a team.
The hardest part of the Job for me was the initial adaptation because coming from Uni it was a whole different experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily duties and tasks because that was the main aim of studying engineering and choosing to work with Bechtel.
Pros
Nothing was free for me apart from teas
Cons
Identified none
Bechtel Limited - Engineering Procurement and Construction company
Various roles please see CV (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith W6 8DP20 August 2013
I was very happy working at Bechtel, however unfortunately after all the years working there I found that graduates were joining I would be part of their training programme but in the latter years I didnt advance so needed to move on.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
no advance in the latter years
Horrible place to work
accounts (Current Employee) –  london31 March 2013
Work hard and long hours. Pay and benefits not bad.

Horrible place to work especially the London accounts.

Extremely abusive with bigotry and racism rife.

More concerned about who you know rather than what you know
Pros
not bad salary and benefits
Cons
abusive, expect to put up with racism and bigotry