Bear Coffee Company Limited

Bear Coffee Company Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
So far working at Bear I have really enjoyed how they have managed to balance specific and more in depth training with on the job work experience to make each day interesting and productive. I particularly like the varied working hours that I have received so far as it has allowed me to experience both quieter and busier periods and therefore do a variety of different tasks to suit this.

Straight away I felt like a part of the team and would feel comfortable discussing any issues with management. Already they have been really helpful at accommodating my other job's requirements so that I am able to work in both places comfortably.

Bear is a really sociable place to work, I enjoy speaking to both customers and colleges on a daily basis. Being able to have conversations helps to keep the day interesting and it's nice when you start to see familiar faces.
Pros
sociable, varied working hours
Cons
n/a
Fast paced, fun-loving job!
BEAR is a unique job with an awesome environment with consistently positive vibes, great work/ management relationships and the best coffee at the heart of everything you do.

The management team at BEAR is very hands on and always looking out for progression opportunities for the staff; if I have any issues at work i'd feel completely comfortable talking to anyone from a supervisor to the store manager.

The job is very different from a typical 9-5 but it comes with the chance of lots of interaction with guests; lots of moving around & constantly learning new things!

There's no typical day at BEAR which I think is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free drinks on shift
The Dream Job
A particularity relaxed, modern, and enjoyable place to work. Incredibly forward thinking and very considerate of a work/life balance. Bear's willingness to invest in the future of their people and develop them within and outside of the industry is unrivalled. A close knit team of driven managers, supervisors, baristas and team members makes work an extension of your family.
Pros
Modern company that is willing to invest in your future
Cons
The job demands you to be a quick learner, who is capable of adapting and improvising in any and all situations.
Great chance for progression and an amazing team
If you're looking for 9-5, hospitality isn't for you. However, if you're looking to be a part of an amazing team, to work hard and be rewarded, or gain support and training in customer service and the service of speciality coffee BEAR is definitely the place to do it.

A typical day doesn't really exist, one day you could be up at 6 A.M to open the store and the next you might not be home gone midnight. However, no matter the shift, you're going to be surrounded by a supportive team and get to know some lovely regulars.

As assistant manager, you can expect to open or close the store most days, run shifts, manage your team, take responsibility for cash handling and the customer experience all while fitting in admin jobs such as placing orders, writing reports and working through invoices. It can seem like a lot to pick up in a short amount of time but it means the job is never boring.
Pros
Opportunity for progression, barista training, amazing teams
Cons
Difficult to make decisions at store level
Challenging and Varied Workplace
The day begins early as a Barista with a 7am start, once you get used to waking up this early the work life balance can be great as you can be doing your own thing by 3.

The management team appreciate knowledge is power and I can say my training was one of the best learning experiences I've had. You don't just sit at a laptop and answer multiple choice questions, it's hands on and engaging.

Being encouraged to engage with customers rather than just work as fast as possible is great, I have a great rapport with regulars and you can always have a laugh at work.

I work two jobs, have two volunteering roles and I'm at University part time, the management are very accommodating if I need to change shifts around.

It's not always sunshine and rainbows, when it gets busy, it gets busy! You can have sore feet at the end of a busy shift but the feedback from customers is always great and it's worth it when you can finally slow down and have a free coffee!
Pros
free coffee, community feel, flexible hours.
Cons
Food on shift isn't free but you do get 50% off
Diffrent leauge
I came to this company with a sense of 'here we go again'... another hospitality scene that promises to give you a good work life/ social balance and rotas weeks in advance... never did I think it would actually hold up to its word! since day 1 you are taken in like family and given a chance to relight your love for the trade. you will be surrounded by passionate people, great food and the best coffee you'll ever come across! I'm never going to look back and I'm proud to say I'm a part of this amazing culture that is BEAR!
Pros
great people, amazing managerment, best coffee
Cons
n/a
More than just a coffee shop
BEAR is by far the best company I have had the pleasure to work for. As a company they have big aspirations and are growing rapidly.

It's not just a 9-5. At BEAR you build strong working relationships with all staff from store level right up to the owners. Every voice is heard and you don't just feel like another cog in a machine.

Which ever role you go for you'll be given regular opportunities to progress, develop and share your ideas.

I would recommend BEAR to anyone and if you still aren't sure if they are the company for you, pop into any store and have a chat to the teams.
Pros
Amazing work life, Quick paced and fun work, Free on shift coffee, Good training opportunities, Close mentoring, Beautiful environment
Cons
Shifts can be long
Good work life balance
Great work life balance, with good rest time between shifts (no late close /early open)

Strong manangement focus on progression for the staff that want it, no pressure for those that don't.

Professional approach to staff rotas/holiday requests (no rotas given the day before)

minimum wage as expected in the role.
Pros
free coffee, in depth training
A company that cares.
I took a role at BEAR after working in sales for 4 years, the impact it has had upon me has been extremely beneficial and I have developed both professionally and socially.

The team at BEAR are incredibly passionate about the quality of both the product they produce, and the service they deliver. I have received in-depth training for bar, coffee and management tasks. The progression available is superb, from 'Team Member' to 'Barista' to different levels of management.

All my colleagues and superiors are caring and incredibly competent, and check-up on one another, both in regards to professional conduct and personal welfare.

The owners are very involved in each store, and make an effort to engage with every member of their business. The company is modern and driven to uphold professional standards and to allow for the progression of their staff.

I love working for BEAR, and the values they uphold.
Pros
Staff Progression, Supportive team, Free Coffee.
Cons
N/a
Take A Chance You Wont Regret It...
I took a role at BEAR after working in retail management at area level for a number of years.
I was surprised by the down to earth culture, approach-ability and overall vision of the business. A truly refreshing change after working in very corporate cultures.

BEAR is flexible, open, honest and straightforward and being a new company with big vision (30 stores over the next 5 years) means you really can have a huge impact on how the company develops.

The directors are a pleasure to work with and will always get stuck in in between catching up with you about your personal life and the team they are building around them are focused on people and what that means as a culture.

I would say take a chance... Be prepared for hard work, be prepared for development and be prepared to be driven to be better but most of all be prepared to make a difference.
Pros
Free coffee, company culture, discounts
Cons
N/a
A great team
Super proud of the incredible team at BEAR - everyone gives 100% and we always hear positive feedback about how welcoming they are to customers. #bemoreBEAR
Pros
Free coffee
independent, growing business
BEAR is a Highly successful ambitious Company, with excellent reviews on Tripadvisor, Facebook and Google. As an employer BEAR is 1st class, with a real passion for growing a dynamic and passionate team.