BCP Council

BCP Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
Working for BCP Council at the Prom Cafe was a very busy environment. Especially in summer during the heat waves and the annual air show. There were thousands of customers every day.
Busy and demanding workplace.
Need to be resourceful and think on your feet.

Positive opportunities for multiagency working.

Opportunities for training.
Pros
Working with experienced and skilled colleagues
Nothing to say about the work all good
Workmen to work with have a good laugh and joke but I don't go overboard all else you will lose your job...
Pros
Cons
• Carrying out complete physical audit of Council owned peripheral devices in specified time scale – 6 months
• Carry out complete physical audit of contracted Multi-Functional Devices in specified time scale

• Identify peripheral items reaching end of life and annotate and update Database accordingly

• Desktop repairs and advice

Great job and was sad to go but it was FTC. Great Management and great colleagues.
I only left my role as it was a temporary maternity leave cover position. I was made to feel very welcome and was given vast support and training to assist me in my role.
There was no typical day at work, if the day was busy I would spend it on the slipway, if it was slightly bad weather or just a slow day in general the boss always had something for me to do, whether it was general maintenance on the sandbank or checking things around the quay. I learned to be more confident in the way I present myself, and how to deal with customers issues face to face. In a way I had 2 bosses and they treated me with respect and made sure I always had what I needed, they also weren't afraid to give me feedback on my work and where I could improve which I thought was very useful. The hardest part of my job was definitely confronting people, and dealing with some of the problems the public brought my way. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the work ethic and friendly manner the other staff present, everyone gave me a warm welcome and told me things from their experience that would help me do that much better in my area of work
Good people run by an excellent and intuitive Head of Comms, and a terrific atmosphere. Surprised me in my first local government role - and especially interesting in a new council (made from three).
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BCP Council?