BCHA

BCHA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
I had a decent time learning at BCHA, but that was really down to the team, outside of my team it was poor, management were never InTouch of what was going on, never really felt supported, some of the decisions were ludicrous, the training was poor and I felt unsupported at times, there was no real way of self care
great experiences though.
Pros
Working with different client groups and cultures
Cons
Poor management, HR structure, training and self care
BCHA is great to work for to learn the basics within a support worker role and provides exposure to different types of contracts.
Has provided work opportunities across the organisation.
Difficult to say as employed at start of Covid19. Temporary job whilst another post was being finalized. This post was then delayed. Lovely people to work with and great line manager. Only left as offered a different role with management progression .
Pros
Free Tea & Coffee, casual dress. Lots of training opportunities. Buddy program. Shadowing.
Cons
Lone working in some places and overnight sleep ins .
Truly horrible place to work.

The Management are bullies who treat you like a robot and talk down to you.

Poor pay, understaffed, overworked and full of some very nasty people (but some very nice people too, the only good thing I have to say about the Company)
Management are useless and do not have a clue
previous Management was caught taking backhanders from suppliers so the workman would use the certain shop/supplier on materials
BCHA is without a doubt the worst organisation I have ever worked for. Very poorly managed right from the top. The organisation works on a clique, if you don't get in, unfortunately, you won't last long. Everyone is out for themselves and happy to stamp over anyone to get what they want. No clear direction from management, but you are expected to know what is expected without being told. An extremely unpleasant place to work which is badly run from the CEO downwards. Avoid at all costs.
Lovely place to work.Friendly staff and management.Lots of staff benefits and attractive salary. Many training to enhance your knowledge and experience.
I held many roles for BCHA and all of them I enjoyed, despite the pressure in the different roles.
Bad management no idea of confidentiality awful place
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad management
Management is great, efficient communication, positive and encouraging, regular check-ins and support, opportunities to progress and put forward ideas
Pros
Friendly and proffessional
Cons
Long days
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BCHA?
If you are serious about supporting people it might be a good place to start with, but not to stay for longer. Too much politics and too much talk about money, but forgetting about the main goal of the organisation which was to support people.
Pros
Amazing life experience of supporting people
Cons
Bullying, Lack of respect to employees and clients, company more focused on money than helping people
Great opportunities for training. Opportunity to work with a diverse group of vulnerable people with complex needs. Career progression opportunities within the company
Pros
Training opportunities
I felt part of the team.

I learned to mix with people from all backgrounds. A great diverse work culture and ethics. It wasn't hard and I enjoyed everything!
Pros
Lunch, flexible hours
Cons
The people who hold this company together are the staff and project leaders working in the schemes. They are, however, treated appallingly by senior management who are quick to jump on the bandwagon if things go wrong but never highlight or praise good practise. Turnover over staff is unprecedented.
If you work in a scheme outside of Plymouth or Bournemouth, forget it! There is obvious favouritism in these areas which is felt by all who work in other areas.

Talented individuals at the customer face are ignored and it is very much a culture of ‘if your face fits’ or you need to be cocky and brash to get ahead.

Avoid!!
Pros
Cons
Ineffective SLT, over worked and underpaid staff in customer facing posts, high turnover of staff, no relief staff to cover
Felt valued and supported from day 1. Organisation invests in staff training and had a pay increase when other organisations are reducing their investment in staff.
Pros
Good training and benefits
A company with little desire to move forward with staff development and very little concern for the welfare of their employees. They lack insight into new opportunities and have no route for staff to throw ideas out for consideration which may help them to develop and grow. Too focused on the status quo to recognise the opportunities available.
Cons
Poor management, poor wages and opportunities to progress within the company. Little support from management, blame culture with very unhappy work force on the frontline
Despite being only a temporary contract this position meant the world to me as I was extremely demotivated to find work due to the people I was surrounded with and I feel I was not fully out of the school leaver mentality at this stage in my life.
Pros
Felt like I was capable of office work
Cons
Slightly incompetant at the role
I very much enjoyed working at BCHA and it is somewhere I would look to again to go back and work.
I was able to gain many skills there as well as get a first hand view on how Mentoring works.

I would strongly recommend anyone thinking about becoming a mentor or a life coach to approach BCHA.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Under funded
A poor employer. High staff turnover and quite ruthless management. Pay rates not competitve. Management largely complaining about lack of money and seem self motiivated and aloof. Chief Executive acts strangely and is very nervous.
Pros
working in Bournemouth
A good team ,regular relevant supervision, not enough opportunities for career development and not enough oppertuities to progress within the organisation..lacked on going training .
Pros
Good team spirit