BBC Employee Reviews

Over all an amazing place
Production Management assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 December 2016
It was an amazing place to work, and I learn more than I could imagine. I got to work with truly talented people and wonderful contributors.

However it became a lot and I always had my work on my mind. It got to the point I was more worried about work then enjoying it.
Pros
You get paid and you get to make people happy
Cons
Long hours work comes home with you never truly leave the office
Brilliant
Runner, Researcher and Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  London6 December 2016
As the first place I started in the industry I owe a lot to what the beeb taught me and I will never forget working in the old Television centre, it was iconic and a lovely place.
An Energy Centre
Business & Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2016
Great place to work - brilliant training given, lots of support and many departments in place whose soul reason for being there is to help you to make a programme.
innovative and at the forefront of media evolment
Project Manager for the BBC Service Delivery Team (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2016
I've spent 17 years at the BBC and have seen it change drastically in that time for better and worse.

My fondest memories come from the first 10 years at Beeb, it was a place filled with energy and magic, alas things change.

Saying that, I still think it's a great company to work for, they have been at the forefront of technology and have consistently brought new and exciting products to consumers worldwide.
Always challenging and rewarding.
Freelance Producer (Current Employee) –  Dorchester18 October 2016
Being part of the wider BBC team was a great experience. Standards were high and I enjoyed the challenge of always performing to the best of my ability.
fun and thriving
Media coordinator (Former Employee) –  lodnon29 September 2016
working for one of the most well known media company's in the world is a privileged in itself, i loved working there and the staff was great and was easy to get on with i knew i would go to work everyday and have a laugh with all different people from bosses to normal staff which made you feel very relaxed at work and under no pressure which allowed me to thrive in my work and make sure it was done to the best of my ability
Amazing Experience
Actor (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 September 2016
It was such an amazing experience to be able to work on this TV show. It helped me a lot with confidence and to be able to talk to new people. Even though the hours were long i had a lot of fun filming.
Pros
It gave me an insight to what i would like to do in the future
Cons
Long hard hours
Dynamic workplace
Paid Intern HR/Project Management & IT (Former Employee) –  London20 September 2016
I worked in the HR department of the BBC in New Broadcasting House and worked with people who were working on the 'Transition Project' for the BBC where they were moving people form White City (W12) to Portland Place/Regents Street (W1) and Salford, Manchester, as well as with the 'Restructuring Project' of the BBC where they had to generate good quality content on a tighter budget, this involved massive employee movement. I helped with job recruitment by receiving, printing and filing CV's and other relevant documents. I updated spreadsheets with information that I was sent in regards to HR and people mapping. I PA'd for people in my office by organising meetings, emailing attendees and had to book rooms via their inter-telecom system, and hence updated people's calendars with relevant information/events. I worked on talent mapping and had to edit and update a current talent map. I also shadowed the BBC Group Finance Director where I learned how finances work within a business/company, how to budget and plan departmental savings over a long term period, and how to manage sensitive and confidential data. I also worked in IT,where I did Asset Monitoring and budgeting, I then took the data and compared it to what we were being budgeted for to make sure we weren't being over charged. I also learned to use the JML software and helped set up E-mail accounts.
Great Work Experience
Camera Assistant / Runner / Camera Op (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire27 August 2016
Excellent team, great program an all round a great experience. Long hours but worth it for the experience and great food at lunch and sometimes dinner.
Kerry Review
June Production Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon12 July 2016
Executive Assistant with many years of experience supporting all levels up to high-profile board executives. Adept at anticipating needs, working pro-actively and independently. Proven ability to plan and manage complex logistics, confidential correspondence, events, travel arrangements and expenses with the highest level of discretion. Exceptional organizational, project management and problem solving skills. Disciplined, accountable and committed to producing quality work in a timely manner; productive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments. Easily develops and maintains effective relationships with clients and co-workers; sensitive to diversity and adaptive to various personalities and management style

Main Duties:

.• Managing the day to day running of the office (including taking calls, stationary orders, maintaining IT / supplier relationships)
• Booking travel and company wide events in London and over seas. Deal with CEO and senior managers travel to events to help run there busy day activities.
• Financial administration: Processing company expenses, raising purchase orders, arranging invoices, generating expenses reports, company credit/debit card reconciliation, petty cash.
• Dealing with all aspects of health and safety in the office and first aiders. Managing all aspects of office management.
• Controlling Budgets and running an ever-challenging environment.
• Quick turnarounds and short pre-production periods demanded resourcefulness.
Working as a S.A. for the BBC
Supporting Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria30 June 2016
Though a vital part of the project, SA's are often dismissed as not important. To say this is galling would be an understatment.
Pros
Being involved in an exciting project.
Cons
Irregular hours and no security.
Still good place to work but used to be better
Senior Broadcast Journalist (Current Employee) –  London29 June 2016
News is high pressure and anti-social hours wherever you work, but the BBC has always done its best to be accomodating and childcare-friendly. This is slipped a bit in the age of austerity, but they remain largely committed to that. Management seems to have become somewhat transient over recent years, as cuts have been implemented and it can be frustrating working with bosses who sometimes seem to be less than motivated, or very self-interested. But that's the same with most big companies. Broadly speaking, the BBC remains a good employer (abiding by Union agreements in the main), and I would recommend working there.
Pros
Not profit driven, listen to Unions
Cons
News hours are long and anti-social, often little thanks for you work
Bbc
BBC Asian Network Politics Reporter (Former Employee) –  Westminster26 May 2016
The BBC is a great place to work, where you have many opportunities to develop and grow. Hardest part of this and any journalism job is the deadlines.
Workroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 May 2016
Working within the cast members area, I learnt key making skills within millinery and alterations. As well as gaining some valuable experience within the industry.
An interesting and enjoyable place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh21 May 2016
Working with the BBC is a pleasant and productive experience. Working in the Edinburgh Fringe was laid back but professional experience. The managers and coordinators helped to guide us through the tasks which we must complete. My role meant that I was very involved with the public.
Pros
Being able to communicate with the public.
Excellent experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Glasgow10 May 2016
Doing work experience at the BBC allowed to see an insight in working in media. I always had a task to carry out and and the employees were all helpful and friendly.
Fun, Exciting and Productive Workplace
BBC North Young Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Salford12 April 2016
BBC North was the first job in which I felt truly comfortable with both the people and the work, where I could be completely productive and myself around both my co-workers and my bosses. Everyone I met were friendly and accepting, regardless of ethnical origin or religion. The diversity of the BBC is inspiring to anyone and always welcomes new people with open arms warmingly. The work and the tasks ranged from simple to challenging, yet there was never any pressure onto you, you were always helped and guided every step of the way.
Production Mangement
Production Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 April 2016
The job was good working several small groups and leasing there travel, accomodation, media etc for various shoots each week.

Keeping the administration skills I had up and communication skills.
Lovely bunch of people
Freelance Sound Engineer (Current Employee) –  City of London21 March 2016
BBC New provide output over 24 hours, therefore this involves shift work. They have a friendly working enviroment and are based in the centre of the city.
Inventive and forward thinking company
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  W120JG15 March 2016
A great company for new initiatives and delivering money straight back into the BBC.

Really nice co-wrokers and teams who have to integrate most of the time to get projects achieved.