BBC Employee Reviews

Great company to work with
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire28 February 2017
Working with the BBC is a great thing to do and a good name to have behind you. You have to have a lot of patience with management as nothing happens fast but for the most part it's good.
fun workplace
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Inverness26 February 2017
working in all different sectors with different team members.
i had the opportunity to watch a programme go out live on air.
i had the chance to record my own pretend radio show
Pros
my mum worked there, fun environment, i knew the staff
Amazing
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2017
Great work environment, amazing people and endless opportunities. Everyone made my time there one to remember. My age did not act as a barrier and I had the opportunity to get a hands-on experience.
Pros
Good hours
Working for one of the most respected media organisations in the world.
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Bristol20 February 2017
I have commentated at football matches for the BBC for some time and since turning freelance have now started to add other elements to that - such as attending press conferences at sports clubs such Bath Rugby and Bristol City FC for both radio and TV. From a technical side I have learned to use recorders and ISDN units, while the experience as a broadcaster has been invaluable.
Pros
Working for my dream company.
Cons
Irregular work.
Fun place
PA/Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 February 2017
Days can vary depending on your department
I have learnt a variety of skills.
Management at committed and hard working
Hardest part of the job can The most enjoyable can be the variety.
Pros
Being able to take part and be part of an audience
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Very lovely place to work
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  London10 February 2017
I have worked for BBC for number of years, due to Redundancy, I have to leave BBC. I have enjoyed my time working for BBC and have worked in different sections I enjoyed working for News the most.
Pros
Fun to work with BBC
Cons
Very Flexable
Exciting and inspiring place to work
Staff Broadcast Journalist (Former Employee) –  London, UK6 February 2017
As a producer at the BBC World Service you experience pretty much everything a journalist can experience. Working both on radio and online, I've had a chance to report, present, produce, write and edit pieces in different formats. During his time, I've learned how fun and fascinating radio can be. I've also learned to work on an online environment, thinking of new formats and new resources.
There I've done the most inspiring and interesting work of my life, covering a range of subjects that included renewable sources of energy, to child labour, carnival in Brazil, and refugees in Somaliland.
The hardest part of the job was to learn so many new skills, but once I've learned them, it also became the most enjoyable part of the job.
The environment was always changing
Title-Cameraman/ Combat Correspondent (Former Employee) –  London, UK4 February 2017
My day varied from week to week. I was a camera guy so I would be working different programs within the building or I would be working with a news reader out in London or wherever I was sent
Great experience
Telephonist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 January 2017
Wasn't there for long, was in a great location and very supportive people. Great show to work on which taught me a lot at a young age. I volunteered there so cannot comment on the pay but the experience was fab!
Fantastic place to work!
Assistant to Head of Human Resources, Scotland (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 January 2017
Very good place to work, highly recommend.

Lots of training offered.

Excellent opportunities if wishing to advance career.

Good for changing direction.

Stimulating environment to work in.

Lots of locations to choose where to work.
Interesting work
Technology Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scotland5 January 2017
Variable job working with a mix of technology and people. Learned loads over the years to do with broadcasting, different to other jobs and certainly an interesting insight to how TV and radio works.
Demanding but Rewarding
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 December 2016
All of my work has been freelance so job security is not ideal. It's a challenging and rewarding place to work, but the hours can be too long.
Over all an amazing place
Production Management assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 December 2016
It was an amazing place to work, and I learn more than I could imagine. I got to work with truly talented people and wonderful contributors.

However it became a lot and I always had my work on my mind. It got to the point I was more worried about work then enjoying it.
Pros
You get paid and you get to make people happy
Cons
Long hours work comes home with you never truly leave the office
Brilliant
Runner, Researcher and Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  London6 December 2016
As the first place I started in the industry I owe a lot to what the beeb taught me and I will never forget working in the old Television centre, it was iconic and a lovely place.
An Energy Centre
Business & Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2016
Great place to work - brilliant training given, lots of support and many departments in place whose soul reason for being there is to help you to make a programme.
innovative and at the forefront of media evolment
Project Manager for the BBC Service Delivery Team (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2016
I've spent 17 years at the BBC and have seen it change drastically in that time for better and worse.

My fondest memories come from the first 10 years at Beeb, it was a place filled with energy and magic, alas things change.

Saying that, I still think it's a great company to work for, they have been at the forefront of technology and have consistently brought new and exciting products to consumers worldwide.
Always challenging and rewarding.
Freelance Producer (Current Employee) –  Dorchester18 October 2016
Being part of the wider BBC team was a great experience. Standards were high and I enjoyed the challenge of always performing to the best of my ability.
fun and thriving
Media coordinator (Former Employee) –  lodnon29 September 2016
working for one of the most well known media company's in the world is a privileged in itself, i loved working there and the staff was great and was easy to get on with i knew i would go to work everyday and have a laugh with all different people from bosses to normal staff which made you feel very relaxed at work and under no pressure which allowed me to thrive in my work and make sure it was done to the best of my ability
Amazing Experience
Actor (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 September 2016
It was such an amazing experience to be able to work on this TV show. It helped me a lot with confidence and to be able to talk to new people. Even though the hours were long i had a lot of fun filming.
Pros
It gave me an insight to what i would like to do in the future
Cons
Long hard hours
Dynamic workplace
Paid Intern HR/Project Management & IT (Former Employee) –  London20 September 2016
I worked in the HR department of the BBC in New Broadcasting House and worked with people who were working on the 'Transition Project' for the BBC where they were moving people form White City (W12) to Portland Place/Regents Street (W1) and Salford, Manchester, as well as with the 'Restructuring Project' of the BBC where they had to generate good quality content on a tighter budget, this involved massive employee movement. I helped with job recruitment by receiving, printing and filing CV's and other relevant documents. I updated spreadsheets with information that I was sent in regards to HR and people mapping. I PA'd for people in my office by organising meetings, emailing attendees and had to book rooms via their inter-telecom system, and hence updated people's calendars with relevant information/events. I worked on talent mapping and had to edit and update a current talent map. I also shadowed the BBC Group Finance Director where I learned how finances work within a business/company, how to budget and plan departmental savings over a long term period, and how to manage sensitive and confidential data. I also worked in IT,where I did Asset Monitoring and budgeting, I then took the data and compared it to what we were being budgeted for to make sure we weren't being over charged. I also learned to use the JML software and helped set up E-mail accounts.