BBC Employee Reviews

Welcoming and fun workplace
Interactor/Experience Host (Former Employee) –  Cardiff Bay, Cardiff18 October 2017
The Doctor Who Experience was a fun place to work. Management were friendly. There weren't really any 'typical' days at work as the job was so varied. I learned to work as part of a team giving great customer service in a workplace culture of friendly and enthusiastic people. The hardest part of the job was the customers and the most enjoyable part was easily my colleagues.
2 Week Work Experience
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  London16 October 2017
A typical day at work would be going to the BBC centre in white city and taking the daily tasks from my line manager. We would also occasionally visit other departments of the BBC around London
Very creative environment
Senior Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 October 2017
Whilst te BBC has seen many changes over the years, it remains an iconic organisation to work for.
Its creativity and output is still second to none and the people are welcoming (as they want to work there...)
Pros
Qudos
Cons
Geographic locations
A Vibrant & Fun Place to Work
Broadcaster (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 October 2017
A vibrant and fun place to work with a wide variety of roles.

Enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and the people although long hours were required where necessary.
Runner
Runner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 October 2017
Great experience and was very fortunate to have been able to get a placement for a temporary gig with BBC RADIO , had a wonderful time at the event and met many interesting people.
Pros
Free food, great reference
Cons
temporary
Excellent
Accounts payable manager (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London23 September 2017
Overall excellent job. In everyway. Flexiable, realisable in work life and home. Could do with more help... short staff. Would need more people in the accounts department.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Non
A Slog
Runner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
It was very hard work, long hours, little respect given and an air of arrogance from everyone who actually worked there. But it was good experience for me considering I was young and it was my first in field job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Was a good job till BBC Birmingham was largely axed.
Post Production Editor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2017
I enjoyed being a Post Production Editor. It suits someone who has a good visual eye and enjoys fiidling with minutae. It also involves a certain amount of liasing with Production staff to ascertain what is required.
Pros
It can be very creative.
Cons
Can be long hours.
Changing the culture of the BBC
Head of Media Management (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
This was a challenging but rewarding place to work. Great offices and really interesting environment in. The BBC is going through enormous changes and the ability to be open to required changes is essential for anyone seeing to work with the BBC.
Pros
Great offices, subsidised food and drink
Cons
Business politics
A brilliantly challenging career
Studio Director (Former Employee) –  Plymouth6 September 2017
No two days are ever the same - your day depends on what is happening in the world of news: some days are big news days, some are quiet.

The BBC promotes multi-tasking so there's plenty of opportunities to learn new skills. I learnt to edit, floor manage and to cover library and news transmission assistant roles.

There is generally a very upbeat positive vibe at the BBC. In the main, you work in TV because you love it and don't mind the long and unpredictable hours. There's a strong team work ethos.

The hardest part of the job is the long and unpredictable hours, but you tend to survive on adrenalin due to the live broadcast nature. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with - the team spirit and the reward of a successful broadcast.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Freelance work meaning irregular and insecure employment
Stimulating
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire5 September 2017
I worked here for a short time, but being a musician and producer, it was too news based for me and would have preferred to have presented a music showv
Pros
Endless tea
Cons
Too news based
Enjoyed my time
runner (Former Employee) –  london23 August 2017
Enjoyed my time work BBC productions and thought they were run very well by committed and hard-working individuals. Would love to work for them again or more factual based TV shows
3 month
Trainee Sports Reporter (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire21 August 2017
I was only at the BBC for 3 months, as a trainee BBC Sports Reporter. I once again thoroughly enjoyed my time spent here and it gave me brilliant experience of a hard working fast paced environment.
A nice place to work.
Broadcast Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire10 August 2017
A busy production environment where no two days are the same. Time management however is tough and work/life balance is hard due to lack of planning. The culture is good but intense. I feel I've reached a ceiling in my current role and there is a lack of opportunity to develop further.
Pros
Interesting events and broadcasting
Cons
Long, unrewarded hours.
fun working
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2017
it was a very rewarding place to work, always something different going on from early morning events to live shows with the complex, different people.
Pros
I enjoyed the culture
Work
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  White City4 August 2017
Fantastic place to work. A lot of great people to meet during my time there. Such a vast and faced place to also work with.
Every person was very professional.
Broadcast Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 August 2017
Worked in different platforms which gave me the opportunity to learn new things and open to learn and able to work under pressure. BBC helps you to improve your skills.
Pros
you have rights
Cons
Arabic department is a total mess
Amazing job with great opportunities
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salford1 August 2017
Working at the BBC was great, all of the teams were so interesting and talented. I often met celebrities which taught me a very high level of professionalism which I admire. This job taught me so many things, that I still use in my day to day and work life.
BBC Bitesize
Model (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 July 2017
amazing people and an amazing experience I would recommend anyone apply for a job with the bbc its really interesting and I really enjoyed it there although some people may have to travel quite a journey to the studios.
Busy, professional work place
TV Extra (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 July 2017
Friendly cast and crew members assure you are fully informed of what you need to do. The nature of the job can mean you may be on set for hours completing various tasks. You learn alot about how professional filming is done and how you should conduct yourself whilst on set.