BBC Employee Reviews

Excellent experience
Art Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 April 2018
Learnt so much from the team I worked with during my unpaid work experience over the summer.
Hands on experience, felt fully involved in the project, my work and opinion was valued.
Productive and Fun
Picture Editor (Current Employee) –  W1A 1AA20 April 2018
I love working on what I work and love video editing. Because I am working on the music program and it is interesting to find such ad talented people who are not been seen by the
Pros
Unpaid lunch break
Cons
nothing
Awesome.
Actor (Former Employee) –  London9 April 2018
Definitely my preferred line of work.
Only worked for them, for 3 days, but am still feeling the benefits, a few year after.

They've shown me great professionalism, management, cast and class.
Pros
Most popular soap.
Cons
Would like to work on the show more.
Productive and enjoyable
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  white city28 March 2018
I really enjoyed this job as it was really organised by the management. I was left to carry out tasks set by management as well being part of a team.The people and the work environment was nice and pleasant.
Pros
good management
Cons
temporary
Inspiring organisation but little opportunity for career advancement
Journalist (Former Employee) –  London27 March 2018
Lovely colleagues and interesting, rewarding work, but too many levels of management and competition for career advancement and promotion are fierce. Job security is also volatile.
Wonderful place to work
BBC News Online broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Caversham, Berkshire16 March 2018
I've worked at BBC Berkshire for 15 years, and the reason I've stayed there so long is because there is never a dull moment in my job, and the people I work with are fantastic.
Used to be a great place to work
Content Producer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 March 2018
During the years I was at the BBC I learned a huge amount - from writing to filming and directing and running 360 campaigns across a variety of platforms. I was lucky enough to have worked across a wide range of genres in the time I was there. Like many companies there are too many managers and not enough creative/ content types who are now leaving to work in the freelance industry that awaits. Cuts and a lack of vision centrally are leading to the corporation's demise.
Pros
Amazing people, exciting projects, great place to work
Cons
No job security, difficult to progress, low salaries
Bbc
freelance audio engineer & dubbing mixer (Current Employee) –  London6 March 2018
Amazing place to work for, nice people and creative environment .
I met lots of new friends who are professional musicians and sound engineer, I truly love to work more and more but, I’m currently working on contacts base
Pros
Free coffee
Broadcast Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby1 March 2018
Friendly colleagues, exciting roles and good carer progression. It's just a shame I was relocating or else I would of stayed there - would highly recommend as an employer.
BBC Supporting Actress
Actor - Acting for feature film, ITV Vera (Former Employee) –  North East21 February 2018
Seemed unorganized and not a 100% professional. Moral was unenthusiastic.

I had to buy my own water and shooting out in the cold for many hours in winter time was painful. They didnt have cups to provide for a hot cup of tea.
Pros
nice food, good pay
Cons
long time waiting around, freezing cold, unorginsed.
Inclusive with encouragement
Broadcast Journalist/Freelance Presenter (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire20 February 2018
The scope for self-improvement and expansion is huge, and is also encouraged.

The management pay attention and create opportunities to explore your own skills, as well as giving chances to work alongside others to develop.
Pros
Development opportunities
Cons
Too many sweet treats in the various kitchens!
Productive and fun work place
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scotland19 February 2018
The team that I have been working with in Glasgow are incredible. Hard working, helpful, friendly and extremely good at their jobs. I have learnt loads from them whilst I have been working on a fixed term contract. Even for freelancers, the opportunity to attend training courses that the BBC run I felt was brilliant, and shows that they are interesting in developing people further in their careers, supporting them every step of the way.
The relaxed office environment assists with productivity amongst the team, and the work/life balance has been addressed successfully. My Line Manager is very thorough and supportive through all stages of production and I really enjoy working with her.
Pros
Opportunity to attend a variety of training courses
Wonderful company
Digital Analyst (Former Employee) –  London1 February 2018
Amazing staff with supportive, colegiate attitude. Roles are clearly defined and well managed. Great opportunities to learn and grow (secondment schemes are fantastic). HR are supportive and professional. A sense of working towards a common good prevades.
Variety keeps you progressing
Business Organiser and Payments Team Manager (Former Employee) –  London31 January 2018
As would be expected from a company with a very wide and varied scope, there is a lot of scope to move into new fields. Great training and allows staff to work flexibly.
Production creative workplace
Freelance/Casual Broadcast Journalist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 January 2018
Enjoyable creative day. The news is different every day. Researching and coming up with ideas for programmes. Finding guests for interview. Writing stories and cues. Producing news bulletins and programmes. Editing audio. Live studio production. Working to tight deadlines under pressure.
Pros
Prestige
Cons
Long Hours
Multiple posts
News Media Manager / Senior Researcher (Former Employee) –  London and Cambridge24 January 2018
Great organisation to have worked for. Proud to have been an employee for many years, Miss working with a team of dynamic and creative individuals......
Intersting and enjoyable
Chaperone (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
The job did require long working hours, and depending on which production I worked on, I met a variety of people and travelled to a Iot of places I perhaps wouldn't have without the opportunities within the job.
Most of my time within the job I was working with my son, who is a child actor, so it was good to share the experience with him.
It is a job where you work as a team but due to usually long production processes, the team become more like family.
Hard working fun Workplace
Runner (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff11 January 2018
Days on the production of Crimewatch were never quiet and it was a great job to learn new things and work on new equipment.
Everyone was very friendly and all work hard to crate the best production possible.

I was never unhappy going into the workplace at the BBC.
Great place
DJ/radio presenting (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim7 January 2018
Great place other staff really friendly. Love doing shows. Love meeting people and people there work so well of keeping bbc Ulster great and fun. I do have experience of radio presenting as I do a few voluntary shows and now I Am willing to take it on as my career I am really happy x
Pros
Launches
Educational experience
Facilities Management/Engineering Team (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff4 January 2018
Well looked after with regards to training and enjoyed my job and the people there, there was lots to do there but all the work was exciting as you can imagine because it was mostly TV related
Pros
free carpark
Cons
stressful work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BBC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3