BBC Employee Review

Fun and exciting
Composer (Former Employee) –  Scotland24 November 2017
I had a great time composing music for the BBC doc "The Forest".
It gave me the chance to showcase my musical and composition abilities.
It also challenged me to write for a different cause.

Other BBC Employee Reviews

Intersting and enjoyable
Chaperone (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
The job did require long working hours, and depending on which production I worked on, I met a variety of people and travelled to a Iot of places I perhaps wouldn't have without the opportunities within the job.
Most of my time within the job I was working with my son, who is a child actor, so it was good to share the experience with him.
It is a job where you work as a team but due to usually long production processes, the team become more like family.
Friendly but firm
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGER - AMERICAS (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 December 2017
The BBC was a great place to work. I diverse mix of cultures and a friendly working togetherness atmosphere. I was in the BBC World Service and it had a slightly different temperament to the domestic arms. We were funded by the Goverment directly and not via the licence payer. Money was strictly controlled and it was unavble to afford the large salaries that has led the BBC open to criticism for the rates of pay of some of its big stars. Thing is though, you have to pay the market rat or they wil go to the competition!
Pros
friendly and rewarding
Cons
tight and unless you are a star, low pay.