BBC Employee Review

Wonderful company
Digital Analyst (Former Employee) –  London1 February 2018
Amazing staff with supportive, colegiate attitude. Roles are clearly defined and well managed. Great opportunities to learn and grow (secondment schemes are fantastic). HR are supportive and professional. A sense of working towards a common good prevades.

Other BBC Employee Reviews

Productive, engaging workplace
Production Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 August 2018
Working a year at the BBC straight after finishing my A levels for me was probably the best opportunity for someone wanting to get into the media industry at entry level.

I didn't feel university was for me and wasn't willing to risk 3 years of my life and 50K in debt to test the university's claims of providing students with practical filming experience and an open door into already established media networks, and so I chose to try something more realistic to the working world.

This apprenticeship offered and gave me a lot more than I could've ever realized as it didn't just help me to grow 'professional skills' but helped grow my character, it helped show me what I liked doing and what I didn't like. It provided me with an insight into my own behavior and how this would need to change to thrive in the real world.

But most importantly, this job gave me a real taste of life, I got to complete work that had purpose outside the realm of 'I have to do this otherwise I'll get bad grades leading to a bad life'. It also showed me how life would be after school such as having to apply for jobs which became a very real concern day to day lest you be unemployed. I believe being thrust from school skipping uni and going straight to work almost acted as a fast track into
Pros
Great Benefits and Opportunities
Cons
Lacks diversity - age, race and cultural diversity
Professional and Cutting Edge
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 July 2018
The BBC was a professional environment to work in and uses the top staff coupled with cutting edge apparatus and working practises to deliver a best in class product to licence fee paying customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BBC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3