BBC Employee Review

Used to be a great place to work
Content Producer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 March 2018
During the years I was at the BBC I learned a huge amount - from writing to filming and directing and running 360 campaigns across a variety of platforms. I was lucky enough to have worked across a wide range of genres in the time I was there. Like many companies there are too many managers and not enough creative/ content types who are now leaving to work in the freelance industry that awaits. Cuts and a lack of vision centrally are leading to the corporation's demise.
Pros
Amazing people, exciting projects, great place to work
Cons
No job security, difficult to progress, low salaries

Other BBC Employee Reviews

Review
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 September 2018
Is really hard to say. I did not work there for long time and I think my opinion is not valuable. I have good experience. Be prepared for hard work with good team.
Difficult but I'm always up for a challenge
Script Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 September 2018
Carried out timely research to understand the viewer's media consumption pattern, preferences and requirement and subsequently assisted writers in preparing the right script to match the consumer demands.
Checked existing storylines for accuracy.
Prepared clear and concise reports of findings which met the requirements of the script and story needs.
Researched alternative approaches to stories providing accurate and detailed supporting material.
Interviewed aspiring writers and assisted in data collection.
Researched emerging trends amongst younger generation and their comedy preferences.
Read scripts and raised issues pertaining to research or credibility.
Worked closely with the production and design teams to ensure a consistent line of research from script research to what is seen on screen.
Undertook all necessary administrative tasks and maintained comprehensive reference systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BBC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3