BBC Employee Review

Used to be a great place to work
Content Producer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 March 2018
During the years I was at the BBC I learned a huge amount - from writing to filming and directing and running 360 campaigns across a variety of platforms. I was lucky enough to have worked across a wide range of genres in the time I was there. Like many companies there are too many managers and not enough creative/ content types who are now leaving to work in the freelance industry that awaits. Cuts and a lack of vision centrally are leading to the corporation's demise.
Pros
Amazing people, exciting projects, great place to work
Cons
No job security, difficult to progress, low salaries

Other BBC Employee Reviews

Lovely people but poor culture
Head of Business Management (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 November 2018
Great job for work life balance but the management and internal policies stifle both innovation and staff progression.

The BBC's leadership are hampered by their lack of diversity in making the required fundamental shifts needed to stay relevant in the changing UK media landscape
fun workplace
Extra Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2018
i had a very good time shooting this film. the cast was very appreciative of us. I look forward to work with them again soon in the near future. I hope to meet the director.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BBC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3