BBC Pay & Benefits reviews

easy to work
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville, UK30 December 2017
This place ,we did not face to any customer ,it mean our shift was after office time and before time so never have had stress and hesitate while working ,In the circumstances,free of pressure to work mentally and physically.
Pros
free drink either hot or cold
Productive and Fun workplace
News Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 October 2017
Opportunities to go on internal courses and interaction with different departments. Positive atmosphere. Approachable management. Good amenities. Good staff benefits and discounts.
A Slog
Runner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
It was very hard work, long hours, little respect given and an air of arrogance from everyone who actually worked there. But it was good experience for me considering I was young and it was my first in field job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Diverse workforce
PMO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White City, Greater London5 July 2017
Working for BBC for 2 years, it's great place to work.
Diverse workforce. Everyone works for the same common goal.friendly people.

High-quality training that you can't get it from somewhere else.
Pros
Ggreat people, long hours, lots of pressure, great experience
Great Place to Work
Studio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LONDON18 April 2017
Great place to work with great people.
I worked in London, it was a great location and easy to access. I worked long hours but all within Health and Safety requirements.
good company
Classified Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London7 April 2017
great place to work, good people and some really cool benefits. not based in the centre of london but if you don't mind a bit of a commute then its not bad.
Pros
next to Westfield
Cons
out f the way
Good pension scheme and training. Low pay in IT
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  London25 March 2017
There should be a revision on Design and Engineering salaries. They are too low compared to the equivalents in the commercial sector.

This is making the company very dependant on Graduates with little experience and highly paid contractors to get the job done. Lots of engineers leave the company because it fails to provide competitve salaries and it is verty difficult to recruit people because of the low offered wages.
Pros
Pension scheme. Training oportunities.
Cons
Low salaries
Fun place
PA/Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 February 2017
Days can vary depending on your department
I have learnt a variety of skills.
Management at committed and hard working
Hardest part of the job can The most enjoyable can be the variety.
Pros
Being able to take part and be part of an audience
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Great Work Experience
Camera Assistant / Runner / Camera Op (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire27 August 2016
Excellent team, great program an all round a great experience. Long hours but worth it for the experience and great food at lunch and sometimes dinner.
Little gratification for hard work, lack of opportunity
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  London3 March 2016
The culture and people working for the BBC could not get any better. Sadly this has been let down by management, salary and lack of career progression.
A day in the life of a Head Of Service At The BBC
Head Of Service Management (Current Employee) –  Manchester and London17 July 2015
The BBC is the most exciting environment I have ever been in due to the nature and variety of business that they do. a typical day can range from running a major incident, cyber threats to team leadership.

I am accountable for service and audience experience for all of the major products that the BBC provide such as News, Sport, My BBC, Children's, IPlayer, Radio, TV and service continuity.

I head up the service management division in BBC Digital specifically the On Line Technology Group.

I manage a team of service managers, data analysts, service level managers and service / continuity management.

The job has many challenges as you would expect with a corporation like the BBC as world events can have a huge influence. Likewise when I have tier one events like the general election, Glastonbury or the Olympics I have to be totally switched on all the time, to be honest i love it.

The most enjoyable part is being part of such a fantastic environment and working with brilliant people.
Pros
Fantastic environment, great team, respect
Cons
Salary
Mix cultures and fun to work with, travel opportunity.
Translator/ Interpreter Brazilian Portuguese (Former Employee) –  London UK26 May 2015
Lovely place to work, co-workers were friendly, hours easy to manage, documentaries and essay to translate were given with plenty of time to work. Great opportunity to travel and to know cultures and places.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
contract only
Productive and fun work-place
Beauty and Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  London2 March 2015
I really enjoyed working for the BBC staff. The staff were always very friendly. My colleges at work were always willing to assist me where need be
Pros
Free Lunches
Rewarding
Contributor - Live Show (Former Employee) –  White City17 February 2015
Working for the BBC, is very rewarding and has a very high standard of quality, following direction to and from different departments delivering film reel,papers,casting notes,
Pros
Taxis, Food, and alot of free time
Cons
flexible hours
Nice workplace
BBC SERVICE ANALYST - IT Managed Services (Former Employee) –  Durham, ENG20 November 2014
Nice workplace, pleasant atmosphere, nice team.

Good salary & benefits package

Atos - a good company to work for.
Pros
Good, reputable company
Cons
Sometimes boring
Relaxed friendly enviroment
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 February 2014
I issued employment contracts to overseas staff and ensuring their vendor details were set up on SAP system. My day was constantly kept busy by checking and actioning the high influx of emails. I ensures all the contacts were kept up to date and vendors were paid promptly, Time flew quickly in the office which I enjoyed because I thrive on keeping busy.

I learned how to prioritise my workload and became better at organising myself which was needed throughout this demanding role.

My manager worked alongside me but I was often kept to my own devices because he was frequently away attending meetings and seminars. I worked with a team of people which consisted of accountants and administrators who I enjoyed working with. The hardest part of my job and most challenging was that most tasks required deadlines and I was always able to meet them. The most enjoyable part was the my managers recognised my hard work and I received shop vouchers for my dedication. I also got complete satisfaction that I was able to provide a good customer service and receive praise for my hard efforts,
Pros
Flexible hours (arrive late as 10am, leave 4pm and lunch whenever)
Cons
very little cover provided if I was on leave
I enjoyed my time at the BBC but I didn't have a great work/home life balance.
Production Co-ordinator/Script Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG16 January 2014
The BBC was an incredible place to work. There were ample opportunities to advance your career with the wealth of departments that were around. I was able to move from different programmes which gave real variety in my work. However the hours were long and once I had a family no longer gave me the correct work/life balance.
Pros
Variety, good salary, team working.
Cons
Long hours, not a good work/life balance.
Good work life fun people to work with
Turn around op (Former Employee) –  White City5 January 2014
This was a physical job but fun to do we would turn a studio round from one show to another the working night was no long than 8 hours long but as long as it was well planned that could be shorter.
Pros
if we finished early we still got paid for the fall nights work
Cons
was very hard work at times
Absolutely brilliant place to work and learn
Playout Director/Senior Playout Director (Former Employee) –  White City5 June 2013
I learned the core responsibility of any broadcast. Training was intense. This was the stepping stone for my career in broadcasting.
Pros
Excellent training, good work/life balance, exellent benefits