BBC Pay & Benefits reviews

Fantastic organisation but sadly in decline
BBC News (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 June 2018
If you get to work in the right department, you will work hard but enjoy a fantastic workplace working with professional and varied individuals. Sad inditement of the times we live in but the constant need to make savings is stifling creativity and depending on where you work it does seem like an organisation in decline.
Pros
good selection of non-financial benefits
Cons
like for like salary compared to commercial on the low side
extra work
extra (Former Employee) –  Bristol22 April 2018
this work refers to a one time job that was in Bristol it was a 12 hour day and was thoroughly enjoyable plus had tea and coffees included for the day although i believe each extras work can be very different.
BBC Supporting Actress
Actor - Acting for feature film, ITV Vera (Former Employee) –  North East21 February 2018
Seemed unorganized and not a 100% professional. Moral was unenthusiastic.

I had to buy my own water and shooting out in the cold for many hours in winter time was painful. They didnt have cups to provide for a hot cup of tea.
Pros
nice food, good pay
Cons
long time waiting around, freezing cold, unorginsed.
easy to work
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville, UK30 December 2017
This place ,we did not face to any customer ,it mean our shift was after office time and before time so never have had stress and hesitate while working ,In the circumstances,free of pressure to work mentally and physically.
Pros
free drink either hot or cold
Cons
Freelance Production Work (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 December 2017
Everything! The people are all super nice and friendly, probably because we are all treated with respect. Really relaxed, family style atmosphere but doesn't stop your ability to work like some places. Great benefits and snacks/drinks provided. Management really take the time to talk to everyone and listen to opinions. Training budget is great and you are encouraged to use it.
Productive and Fun workplace
News Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 October 2017
Opportunities to go on internal courses and interaction with different departments. Positive atmosphere. Approachable management. Good amenities. Good staff benefits and discounts.
A Slog
Runner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
It was very hard work, long hours, little respect given and an air of arrogance from everyone who actually worked there. But it was good experience for me considering I was young and it was my first in field job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Was a good job till BBC Birmingham was largely axed.
Post Production Editor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2017
I enjoyed being a Post Production Editor. It suits someone who has a good visual eye and enjoys fiidling with minutae. It also involves a certain amount of liasing with Production staff to ascertain what is required.
Pros
It can be very creative.
Cons
Can be long hours.
Diverse workforce
PMO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White City, Greater London5 July 2017
Working for BBC for 2 years, it's great place to work.
Diverse workforce. Everyone works for the same common goal.friendly people.

High-quality training that you can't get it from somewhere else.
Pros
Ggreat people, long hours, lots of pressure, great experience
Great Place to Work
Studio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LONDON18 April 2017
Great place to work with great people.
I worked in London, it was a great location and easy to access. I worked long hours but all within Health and Safety requirements.
good company
Classified Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London7 April 2017
great place to work, good people and some really cool benefits. not based in the centre of london but if you don't mind a bit of a commute then its not bad.
Pros
next to Westfield
Cons
out f the way
Good pension scheme and training. Low pay in IT
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  London25 March 2017
There should be a revision on Design and Engineering salaries. They are too low compared to the equivalents in the commercial sector.

This is making the company very dependant on Graduates with little experience and highly paid contractors to get the job done. Lots of engineers leave the company because it fails to provide competitve salaries and it is verty difficult to recruit people because of the low offered wages.
Pros
Pension scheme. Training oportunities.
Cons
Low salaries
Fun place
PA/Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 February 2017
Days can vary depending on your department
I have learnt a variety of skills.
Management at committed and hard working
Hardest part of the job can The most enjoyable can be the variety.
Pros
Being able to take part and be part of an audience
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Great Work Experience
Camera Assistant / Runner / Camera Op (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire27 August 2016
Excellent team, great program an all round a great experience. Long hours but worth it for the experience and great food at lunch and sometimes dinner.
Little gratification for hard work, lack of opportunity
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  London3 March 2016
The culture and people working for the BBC could not get any better. Sadly this has been let down by management, salary and lack of career progression.
A day in the life of a Head Of Service At The BBC
Head Of Service Management (Current Employee) –  Manchester and London17 July 2015
The BBC is the most exciting environment I have ever been in due to the nature and variety of business that they do. a typical day can range from running a major incident, cyber threats to team leadership.

I am accountable for service and audience experience for all of the major products that the BBC provide such as News, Sport, My BBC, Children's, IPlayer, Radio, TV and service continuity.

I head up the service management division in BBC Digital specifically the On Line Technology Group.

I manage a team of service managers, data analysts, service level managers and service / continuity management.

The job has many challenges as you would expect with a corporation like the BBC as world events can have a huge influence. Likewise when I have tier one events like the general election, Glastonbury or the Olympics I have to be totally switched on all the time, to be honest i love it.

The most enjoyable part is being part of such a fantastic environment and working with brilliant people.
Pros
Fantastic environment, great team, respect
Cons
Salary
Mix cultures and fun to work with, travel opportunity.
Translator/ Interpreter Brazilian Portuguese (Former Employee) –  London UK26 May 2015
Lovely place to work, co-workers were friendly, hours easy to manage, documentaries and essay to translate were given with plenty of time to work. Great opportunity to travel and to know cultures and places.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
contract only
Productive and fun work-place
Beauty and Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  London2 March 2015
I really enjoyed working for the BBC staff. The staff were always very friendly. My colleges at work were always willing to assist me where need be
Pros
Free Lunches
Rewarding
Contributor - Live Show (Former Employee) –  White City17 February 2015
Working for the BBC, is very rewarding and has a very high standard of quality, following direction to and from different departments delivering film reel,papers,casting notes,
Pros
Taxis, Food, and alot of free time
Cons
flexible hours
Nice workplace
BBC SERVICE ANALYST - IT Managed Services (Former Employee) –  Durham, ENG20 November 2014
Nice workplace, pleasant atmosphere, nice team.

Good salary & benefits package

Atos - a good company to work for.
Pros
Good, reputable company
Cons
Sometimes boring