BBC Employee Reviews for Runner

Runner
Runner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 October 2017
Great experience and was very fortunate to have been able to get a placement for a temporary gig with BBC RADIO , had a wonderful time at the event and met many interesting people.
Pros
Free food, great reference
Cons
temporary
A Slog
Runner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
It was very hard work, long hours, little respect given and an air of arrogance from everyone who actually worked there. But it was good experience for me considering I was young and it was my first in field job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyed my time
runner (Former Employee) –  london23 August 2017
Enjoyed my time work BBC productions and thought they were run very well by committed and hard-working individuals. Would love to work for them again or more factual based TV shows
Great expierence
RUNNER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 May 2017
Had to great time here. A normal day would include a motivational talk as well as lots of love. I learned how to conduct myself in a business environment.
Great Work Experience
Camera Assistant / Runner / Camera Op (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire27 August 2016
Excellent team, great program an all round a great experience. Long hours but worth it for the experience and great food at lunch and sometimes dinner.
Great work experience
Assistant / Runner (Former Employee) –  London19 August 2015
The BBC is a nice place to work where there is a very wide variation of people who work in an open plan work place.
I learned quite alot as a runner and the job kept me on my toes.
Pros
Learn on the job
Cons
Extremely pleasant environment and work place
Character Invasion Event, Shortlisted Runner (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 July 2015
Magnificent! Productive and creative environment. Meeting incredibly talented and ambitious people was one of the highlights. Highly-motivated employees.
A phenomenal experience
Researcher/Runner (Former Employee) –  London4 April 2015
I had the most amazing time working for the BBC. It was both spontaneous and fun. I learnt so much from researching historical information to digging up ancient archive. I learnt a lot about the process of making a TV documentary including pre and post production. What I loved the most was that it was a dynamic role. I wasn't always in one place and I wasn't doing the same thing which made working for the BBC very exciting. I travelled to so many beautiful areas in London helping out my colleagues, doing market research and purchasing items for shoots. My co-workers were extremely warm, welcoming and friendly. They explained everything I had to do clearly and were very helpful and approachable. The management was well organised and calm. Despite being busy they always helped and kept everything under control. I felt that my job wasn't very difficult however sometimes it was hard to find relevant archive footage for the documentary. However the most enjoyable part was that it was a lively environment, I wasn't just doing one task. Everyday I was doing something new and going to places I have never been before.