BBC Employee Reviews in Manchester

See reviews about:
Busy, professional work place
TV Extra (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 July 2017
Friendly cast and crew members assure you are fully informed of what you need to do. The nature of the job can mean you may be on set for hours completing various tasks. You learn alot about how professional filming is done and how you should conduct yourself whilst on set.
Creative environment but little job security
Assistant Producer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 June 2017
Brilliant, down to earth colleagues - but vey management heavy and difficult to progress through through the ranks. Good place for a career starter but not much long term potential.
Amazing Experience
Actor (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 September 2016
It was such an amazing experience to be able to work on this TV show. It helped me a lot with confidence and to be able to talk to new people. Even though the hours were long i had a lot of fun filming.
Pros
It gave me an insight to what i would like to do in the future
Cons
Long hard hours
Production Mangement
Production Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 April 2016
The job was good working several small groups and leasing there travel, accomodation, media etc for various shoots each week.

Keeping the administration skills I had up and communication skills.
Productive workplace
Security (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG6 September 2015
very interesting and get to travel to many places. Got to meet very interesting people. Shift pattern worked out very well for me.
Productive, creative and fun workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG6 August 2015
A typical day was to research and find potential businesses to take part in our brand new flagship recruitment series.
I would also create databases to input contact details for the businesses.
My co workers were amazing, incredibly helpful and welcoming during my time on my work experience placement.
Extremely pleasant environment and work place
Character Invasion Event, Shortlisted Runner (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 July 2015
Magnificent! Productive and creative environment. Meeting incredibly talented and ambitious people was one of the highlights. Highly-motivated employees.
such a lovely worldwide place to work in everybody so friendly can get along with anybody
North Young Ambassador (Former Employee) –  salford media city13 April 2015
it requires a lot of admin and people booking things so I had to make sure I was on top of that, I learned so many new skills here how to be confident, how to use excel, how to book things like hotels, travel etc, reception work, meet and greeting, everybody is so nice here theres not one person I disliked! everyday was a new challenge there wasn't an easy or hard part you were just learning new things along the way as you go, I enjoyed organising events and attending them to see all the hard work we put in to how the day really goes is really great!
Enthusiastic and enjoyable place to work
Team Assistant - North Brand Marketing (Current Employee) –  Media City UK22 October 2014
A typical day at work can be varied as I work for Marketing Teams for Childrens, Learning, Sport and 5 live. I also assist the Audiences Team
I organise team meetings for all departments, attend and note take, distribution of minutes.
I am the H&S representative - i ensure risk assesments are completed
I am the IT co-ordinator so can be ordering anything from laptops to iphones and helping staff with any on site proglems
My co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a result from a difficult problem, seeing jobs completed.
Pros
On site canteen
Cons
have to use Metrolink to get to work
Relaxed and exciting workplace
Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG12 July 2014
When I first started at the BBC I was sorting through the post that would come in for the show, and after time worked my way up to controlling the social media and incoming texts and emails for the show. I would also be asked to photograph any bands or guests that were coming onto the show and would upload these pictures to social media websites. I learned a lot about using a computer and how to utilise social media for a big company. All of my co-workers were fun, friendly and laid back. The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on the texts, emails and social media equally as I could not be seen to favour one. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely being exposed to new music.
Pros
Exciting place to work
Cons
I was doing unpaid work experience
Good
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media City1 August 2013
Interesting place to work. Need to be good at networking. Co-workers were friendly, cafeteria was priced well, job was interesting and flexible. Hardest part was meeting deadlines. Enjoyable part was being at the bbc.
Pros
Novelty
Cons
Short contracts