BBC Employee Reviews in Glasgow

See reviews about:
Productive, engaging workplace
Production Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 August 2018
Working a year at the BBC straight after finishing my A levels for me was probably the best opportunity for someone wanting to get into the media industry at entry level.

I didn't feel university was for me and wasn't willing to risk 3 years of my life and 50K in debt to test the university's claims of providing students with practical filming experience and an open door into already established media networks, and so I chose to try something more realistic to the working world.

This apprenticeship offered and gave me a lot more than I could've ever realized as it didn't just help me to grow 'professional skills' but helped grow my character, it helped show me what I liked doing and what I didn't like. It provided me with an insight into my own behavior and how this would need to change to thrive in the real world.

But most importantly, this job gave me a real taste of life, I got to complete work that had purpose outside the realm of 'I have to do this otherwise I'll get bad grades leading to a bad life'. It also showed me how life would be after school such as having to apply for jobs which became a very real concern day to day lest you be unemployed. I believe being thrust from school skipping uni and going straight to work almost acted as a fast track into
Pros
Great Benefits and Opportunities
Cons
Lacks diversity - age, race and cultural diversity
BBC Review
Broadcast Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 June 2018
A typical day is learning about the organisation and liaising with staff. Paperwork, upload data, camera work. Broadcast journalism Hardest part of the job was producing journalistic work to show to team.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Limited help
A Vibrant & Fun Place to Work
Broadcaster (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 October 2017
A vibrant and fun place to work with a wide variety of roles.

Enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and the people although long hours were required where necessary.
Great Learning
Production Trainee (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 May 2017
Everyday different, great fun, lovely people. Learned lots of stuff relating to TV, radio, online. How to film, how to interview, research work. Very valuable.
Fantastic place to work!
Assistant to Head of Human Resources, Scotland (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 January 2017
Very good place to work, highly recommend.

Lots of training offered.

Excellent opportunities if wishing to advance career.

Good for changing direction.

Stimulating environment to work in.

Lots of locations to choose where to work.
Over all an amazing place
Production Management assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 December 2016
It was an amazing place to work, and I learn more than I could imagine. I got to work with truly talented people and wonderful contributors.

However it became a lot and I always had my work on my mind. It got to the point I was more worried about work then enjoying it.
Pros
You get paid and you get to make people happy
Cons
Long hours work comes home with you never truly leave the office
Excellent experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Glasgow10 May 2016
Doing work experience at the BBC allowed to see an insight in working in media. I always had a task to carry out and and the employees were all helpful and friendly.
Great atmosphere and friendly staff.
2nd Chef (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT11 December 2015
Well would start at 12pm and finish at 8pm,I learned about quality control,discipline how to manage myself in certain circumstances,It was afriendly enviroment to work in as is all the places I have worked,I seem to get along with everyone which makes work alot easier,the most enjoyable part of the job was that you new had finished a good day's work.
Pros
Eat as much as you wanted with exception weekend's off.
Cons
None.
Interesting place to work
Business Affairs Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT5 May 2015
Its a very interesting place to work, interesting and creative colleagues, interesting work but there is little job security for many.
Great fun place to work
Marketing and Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 September 2014
I loved working with the BBC marketing team, learned a lot and had a blast!
An amazing opportunity to develop my media skills
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT15 September 2014
The work placement will take place in October this year, I will update the review asap.
un and energetic workplace
Stunt performer / Freerunner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT6 March 2014
good experiences and work alongside nice people. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do something i loved such as stuntwork.
Excellent workplace
New Media Web Assistant  (Former Employee) –  Glasgow 4 May 2013
THE BBC is an Excellent workplace.It was a Great work placement.Now i am looking for new challenges.
Pros
Creative enviroment
Cons
commuting
Creative and interesting place to work.
Work experience student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow11 October 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement at the BBC. I was able to explore the different departments and meet interesting people. It gave me a insight into business, production and working in an creative environment.