BBC Employee Reviews in Cardiff

See reviews about:
Inclusive and inforamtive workplace
Supporting Artist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff8 December 2017
In the nature of my role at the company, participating as a supporting role could be considered tedious, however the management were excellent at making sure my co workers and I felt that our roles meant something.
Productive and fun place to work.
RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2017
A great opportunity to work with some really talented crew, on amazing programmes in some beautiful locations. Working with contributors from all backgrounds is really interesting.
Demanding but Rewarding
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 December 2016
All of my work has been freelance so job security is not ideal. It's a challenging and rewarding place to work, but the hours can be too long.
great place to work.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cardiff26 November 2015
i enjoy working in this work place due to great management always there if you need any help, great to have!

i developed a lot working in this place being young its great to have worked in this work place to develop my communication skills and to be more professional on the job an to help others.
Pros
nice grub in canteen/great mangerment.
Cons
Very good place to work.
TV Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS3 October 2015
Time moves on and colleagues have either retired or died, and a new generation of "bright young things" have replaced the "old hands"! Thirty eight years is a long time! I have not been on the staff for four to five years, so I cannot comment on staff morale at this time
Pros
Extensive travel as part of a team.
Cons
Very long and anti-social hours.
Multi-Media Promotions Director (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS21 July 2015
I'm really proud to work for the BBC.

My day-to-day job's very varied - there isn't a 'typical day'! Depending on the campaigns I'm working on, I could be scripting a news promo, editing a drama promo and brainstorming a sports promo in the space of a few hours.

There's a good sense of teamwork in my department. Everyone's happy to help each other.

In the current climate, it's just tricky to know where you stand in terms of job security.
Pros
Teamwork, pride in company
Cons
Ever-increasing paperwork, job insecurity
Appliance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS29 July 2014
The BBC is a good place to work, you are given an adiquate amount of time to complete your tasks. You are supported throughout your task and any difficulties you may have are overcome very easily.
Working in the Finance Role
Finance administrator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS20 May 2014
Raising cheques, payment of invoices, working well within the team and on my own initiative, Also assisting in the Cash Office which involved dealing with staff and outside people. The hardest part was to balance the ledgers each night. I enjoyed all of my role I left to have my son
Pros
Working within the BBC Environment
Cons
No cons