BBC Employee Reviews in Birmingham

A wonderful environment for those who strive to succeed and develop
BBC One (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 December 2017
Everyday is never the same and this is such a great thing. You're constantly learning and developing new skills - particularly your communication, confidence and writing skills.
Buzzing environment
HR Administrator/Interim HR Lead Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 November 2017
Definitely a place which is loud and always buzzing. Every day is different from the next and you never know what to expect which makes working for the BBC exciting
Productive and fun workplace.
Technology Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 November 2017
Enjoyed working behind the bar immensely. I was full time at the Selly Park Tavern in Birmingham for over four years and trained to be assistant manager.
Educational experience
Runner - Snog Marry Avoid (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 October 2017
I worked briefly as a Runner on the BBC Three show, Snog, Marry Avoid. The experience was a lot of fun and very educational but it's not something I wanted to pursue further. Though I am grateful for the experience.
Pros
great staff, educational
Cons
low pay
Was a good job till BBC Birmingham was largely axed.
Post Production Editor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2017
I enjoyed being a Post Production Editor. It suits someone who has a good visual eye and enjoys fiidling with minutae. It also involves a certain amount of liasing with Production staff to ascertain what is required.
Pros
It can be very creative.
Cons
Can be long hours.
Sociable yet crucial
Team assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 August 2017
During my time at the BBC, I gained experience of how a large corporate company operates. As part of my role I had to learn to operate key technology so that I was proficient in being able to teach and explain how it works to younger children. I also worked on the BBC WM Summer Tour which vastly improved my communication skills but also taught me how to differ my approach to the specific individual and how to be flexible. I have recently worked on the BBCWM summer tour.
Pros
Interaction with general public
Cons
Sometimes unsociable hours
Okay if you're brought in on a decent salary
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 April 2017
An okay place if you fancy coasting indefinitely. Management are questionable as are the office politics. Incredibly difficult to gain any form of salary increase unless if you lie before your interview, leave and come back or jump jobs every five seconds.
Pros
Encouraged to take lunch breaks
Cons
You leave everyday
Great experience
Telephonist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 January 2017
Wasn't there for long, was in a great location and very supportive people. Great show to work on which taught me a lot at a young age. I volunteered there so cannot comment on the pay but the experience was fab!
Broadcast Network Film Drama Production
Assistant Film Editor (Former Employee) –  Pebble Mill Birmingham22 October 2014
Assisting Film editors working on BBC programmes for transmission. Laying sound tracks for film dubbing
Pros
Probably the best place to work anywhere
Cons
Great place to work, exciting and unlike most other jobs.
Television Researcher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 June 2014
I loved working for the BBC. The work was very different depending on what programme you worked on which made the job interesting. I learned a lot of technical skills working here and at the same time editorial skills, how to put a programme together with balance and content.
My colleagues were very supportive and everyone pulled together as a team.
Pros
An exciting environment to work in.
Fun and educational
Internship (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG6 June 2014
Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. They made sure that I was confident with all the jobs I had been given and gave me guidance when needed. It was well managed and organised and although the hours were long the breaks were fair. I enjoyed the whole internship but the most enjoyable part for me was learning about directing the TV programme 'Doctors'.
BBC Birmingham - A Centre of digital innovation and excellence!!
Production Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG10 February 2014
Refer to CV - 15 years experience. No two days were the same!
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people and life long friendships made.
Pros
Excellent training on the job.
Cons
Sometimes long hours, working to tight deadlines.
wonderful place to work
Senior catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG3 July 2013
I enjoyed my 30 years at the BBC Was sorry the place closed down we all were it was a fantastic place to work and I gave it my all nothing was too much trouble for me to do as I enjoyed my job so much
Pros
free meals whilst on duty
Cons
no cons at all