BaxterStorey Employee Reviews

Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Poole12 April 2018
Been with baxter storey for 6 month, since i have started the company i have found myself progressing more and more to help toward my future of running my own business
Pros
Free lunch
Productive time at the PwC office
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2018
I gained a lot from my short work experience at Baxter Storey as they had only recently moved into a new office location at PwC in More London Place. It was beneficial for me to see what went into relocating and dealing with new tasks that presented themselves on a daily basis.
Nice workplace
Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 February 2018
I was involved with a really really friendly staff. I made experience in doing sandwiches... They provided us all the training that we needed. I hope this review will be helpful.
poor management
Chef (Former Employee) –  Aintree, Merseyside13 February 2018
I was a chef at this company, programmed work and head chefs are often set in their ways and the menial less interesting jobs were given. Attitudes in the Aintree shop direct building is less about team work and more to do with how little they can do!

Management are weak and do not address concerns by staff or insist on better team work.
Harassment was not dealt with.
The job is comfortable but as a Chef we want to Chef and not clean or do mundane jobs which are not within the job description.
Overall a very uncomfortable experience due to a poor service from the Manager and Area Manager.
Pros
good hours
Cons
many
Horrible place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire9 February 2018
I worked for Baxter-Storey for 18 months and it was the worst time of my working life.The management were downright horrible, who treated the staff like dirt, and the turnover of staff was quite simply shocking, due mainly to the business manager, who was an evil and nasty person
Pros
Cons
everything
A good company to work for
Front of house Supervisor/Barista (Current Employee) –  Berkshire24 January 2018
A good company to work for.
Extensive training provided.
Uniform and meals provided.
Opportunities for promotion.
As long as you have a positive attitude to work you will do very well within the company.
Busy and happy workplace
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2018
In my opinion is a good company to work, but I can say anything specific because I work around buildings as a relief team.
At the moment I am happy to work like that.
Stay away from this position it’s a poisoned chalice
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Llanberis, Gwynedd5 January 2018
You need to ask why does this job keep coming up, I held this post for a year, I had 5 operations managers in my 14 months with them, you are ment to be a Chef manager but very little staff to manage, you have to do a full stock count every Wednesday which takes hours but you have no other Chef so you have to cook the lunch for a couple of hundred people and you are ment to finish at 3, then there are all the training courses and then you need to do your staff training but not enough staff to do the work whilst your training, then all the food delivery’s arrive so you have to load them into a lift send it up to the kitchen then run up the stairs to meet the lift and this needs to be done many times a day, then there are corporate buffets and lunches they forget to tell you, I was the 3rd catering manager in 18 months, as you are the only site for miles the support is non existent they tell you it’s a big happy team and call for help, never happens

Would never recommend them as a company
Pros
Non apart from weight loss due to stress
Cons
It’s a life wrecker, they need 2 staff one to cook and one to do the admin as that is a full time position
Depends on your manager
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh11 November 2017
If you have a good manager this company works well. If you don't then you end up being bullied into doing things you aren't comfortable with and as my manager said "you're replaceable" and "the employees come last". My boss was fired for bullying and no other boss lasted more than 5 months. Impressively bad tbh. Approved holiday only to refuse it later.
Pros
Free food
Cons
They don't care, long hours, everything, avoid at all cost
Busy environment when its semester
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire29 September 2017
I worked here for 8 mths , very busy and sometimes stressful. Some staff not reliable so other staff get long shifts can work in more than 1 outlet in the same day. Managers help when can but they are busy and stressed just as much. Some days hard to get a break.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee
Cons
Can be long hours, and stressful
Work for free
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 September 2017
Worked in the kitchen single handed with very little help from the management, expected to work overtime for no money sometimes an extra 20 hours a week . When challenged I was told it's expected of you so get on with it
Manager to busy shopping or standing in the kitchen cooking her lunch during service to care
Pros
Straight shifts
Cons
Unpaid overtime
Great Company...Great people
Catering Administrator (Former Employee) –  London EC2V 5DD20 September 2017
I loved working for Baxterstorey, only leaving because of having a baby and deciding to stay at home.

The company are very focused on training, and I had lots of on the job training as well as being sent on various courses.

The salary was good and I felt like my managers always listened to my opinions and ideas, and took them on board even if they weren't viable.

Would highly recommend them and happily work for them again if a suitable position arose.
Pros
Flexible working hours
fun enviroment
Commis Chef at Nats CTC (Current Employee) –  Reading28 August 2017
Everyday is slightly different whilst testing new and exciting products and meeting new faces almost everyday. Everyone works hard to completed their individual tasks whilst helping others if the help is needed. There is always a laugh to be had whilst in the kitchen. There's a lot of training but it is essential to benefit all members of staff so there is an understanding of company policies and legislations which are all in place to keep everyone safe and the business to run smoothly.
Pros
Free meal during break times, free training
Good enviroment
kichen porter (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London3 August 2017
My day of work was with fixed hours which was satisfactory for my family life. It was given me the opportunity to work in a professional environment.

I completed two courses sponsored by the catering company.

The company ended my contract suddenly without a strong reason. This was an unhappy experience for me.
Pros
Free lunches
productive
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  edinburgh sheriff court24 July 2017
good place to work, very varied work load, very unfriendly colleagues, good hours , pay was reasonable,mostly enjoyed hosting lunches for court jury..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unfriendly colleagues
nice place
General Assistant/Barista (Former Employee) –  Holborn, Greater London13 July 2017
i worked in 3 different units for baxterstorey and all of them were different. some very busy and others not so busy, but all of them with great team and customers which makes everything easy.
Good work home balance
Front of House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire13 July 2017
They rather employee larger numbers of staff to reduce overtime good for some but not for others.
Good staff meal provided and uniform. Everyone is kept up to date with training.
Pros
Staff food, uniform and hours
Cons
Poor pay
80 Strand Pearson
Events Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Embankment Station21 June 2017
BaxterStorey have always been very helpful throughout my career. From training, to day to day man management. All staff are extremely helpful and reliable.

For my current role, I manage all the bookings for Pearson's headquarters at 80 Strand. I organised all the big events on the executive floors and take bookings throughout the building for clients such as Penguin, Pearson Education and DK books.

For the 2.5 years I've been at Pearson, I have learnt so much about the catering industry and now feel I have great understanding off all operations within contract catering.
Pros
On site catering for all staff, great facilities and great training opportunities
Cons
Non so far!
Dependent on where you're placed
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stirlingshire12 June 2017
I've worked at two Baxterstorey but were very full on and stressful. The first one I worked at the the managers were lovely and encouraging, the atmosphere was quite laid back. The second one I worked at was the complete opposite, the managers were horrible. It was clear that everyone engaged in gossip about each other. The job was extremely stressful and very poorly managed, I received no training. It was clear that in both posistions the managers had not received much training. Additionaly in both posistions I was not paid in time as there was no communication with head office about my employment and salary. This has happened twice and it made me feel extremely under appreciated, it was a situation that has happened to almost everyone I have worked with at Baxterstorey.
Pros
Free food and flexibility
Cons
Poorly managed and lack communication
Friendly and developing workplace
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 June 2017
My typical day at work starts at 8.30-10.00 depending on the number of scheduled meetings and start time of the first one. As a hospitality assistant I've learned how to be a better organized person. My managers are very kind and helpful. They have created a friendly work environment. The most enjoyable part of a job is the opportunity to meet a lot of people who help me to develop my language skills. For me, as a person who lives in the UK since February this year, the hardest part of the job is learning new culture and work requirements, but, because I'm open minded and hard working I'm a good employee and colleague.
Pros
Great people at work, free lunches and beverages
Cons
not enough meetings / not enough work to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BaxterStorey. Our community is ready to answer.

BaxterStorey Reviews by Location