Bath Spa University

Bath Spa University Management reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
my duties included, designing exercise programmes, designing diet plans, delivering inductions, teaching techniques, measuring body compositions, and cleaning and tidying the gym. From this job I learned that everybody is different and hence each person needs treating slightly different, especially in the fitness industry and in conjunction with this I learned how to deal with different people because not everybody whom I worked with was easy to train. Management in this job I felt was quite lenient, although sometimes I wish they would have been more stringent on times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those clients who were uncooperative and never really seemed completely motivated, and contrastingly the most enjoyable part of the job was when clients came enthused and ready to exercise.
Pros
Work shifts were fitted around my university timetable
Cons
Lenient on start times
I worked for Bath Spa University for 13 years in various admin roles from 35 hours a week, 37 and finally 24. While the people I worked with, especially the academics, made the work bearable and sometimes interesting, the management and HR teams left a lot to be desired. They’ll expect you to give of yourself and give nothing in return and will not support you if you take on further academic study yourself. They will also not support you on any personal matters unless it suits them to do so. Some management think little of the specialised skills of academic admin staff, believing such staff can be easily bought from an agency. Caveat emptor folks!
Very little direction given, left to make myself look busy for much of my time, Senior management is very detached from reality, and the car park fills up really quickly during term time and you will get a parking ticket if you are not parked in the right place or displaying a ticket.
Pros
Flexi-time
Cons
very little to actually do during the day
Shop Management, Serving Customers, Term Time only, Handling Cash, Stock Take
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not challenging enough