Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University Employee Review

Motivating, busy and stimulating environment

5 June 2016
my duties included, designing exercise programmes, designing diet plans, delivering inductions, teaching techniques, measuring body compositions, and cleaning and tidying the gym. From this job I learned that everybody is different and hence each person needs treating slightly different, especially in the fitness industry and in conjunction with this I learned how to deal with different people because not everybody whom I worked with was easy to train. Management in this job I felt was quite lenient, although sometimes I wish they would have been more stringent on times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those clients who were uncooperative and never really seemed completely motivated, and contrastingly the most enjoyable part of the job was when clients came enthused and ready to exercise.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Work shifts were fitted around my university timetable
Cons
Lenient on start times
28 February 2020
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) - Bath, Somerset
very relaxed atmosphere and lovely students, i felt like i was making a difference to their education and was helping settle them into the school environment, especially at the beginning of the year
30 December 2019
Same location
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) - Newton Park campus
I worked for Bath Spa University for 13 years in various admin roles from 35 hours a week, 37 and finally 24. While the people I worked with, especially the academics, made the work bearable and sometimes interesting, the management and HR teams left a lot to be desired. They’ll expect you to give of yourself and give nothing in return and will not support you if you take on further academic study yourself. They will also not support you on any personal matters unless it suits them to do so. Some management think little of the specialised skills of academic admin staff, believing such staff can be easily bought from an agency. Caveat emptor folks!
26 November 2019
Technical Demonstrator (Former Employee) - Bath
Enjoyed my job working with the students and other staff members. Fantastic location to work and great support from the university to all levels of employee.
  1. Motivating, busy and stimulating environment