Bath College

Bath College Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Good collaboration available between all staff. Management have a lot of tasks who seem to be doing longer hours than they’re paid for.
Training is the normal online checkbox 6 week courses .
Not a very truthful organisation. Tended to keep staff in the dark. Put profits before that of student needs, which was reflected in staff salaries. Students on public services course left high and dry.
Good collegues. Management is okay. Only progression is through teaching so only good for those who want to go into teaching. Nice holidays due to school breaks.
I was given many opportunities to gain certified training. The management were generally interested in developing talent, they sponsored and supported me in gaining a L5 certificate.
It's the people who make the place, everything else is sub-standard at best.

Funding and some egos are the biggest issue this place has, but on the whole it was a nice place to work.
First job after school, learned a lot of new skills.
Engaging working environment.

Friendly staff and and colleagues.

Each day different from the last.
Everyone works together to achieve the same results for our students and their futures , the management appreciate the work you do , reward you being giving you extra days holidays and special treats . I really look forward to coming to work and seeing all the friendly colleagues and the day pass s quick . Also free parking which is a bonus.
it was great to do this completion it really improved my confidence and made me want to progress even more it was good to come up with my own menu at the time
In a nutshell, it's utterly understaffed which won't be changing anytime soon. You'll end up getting blamed for jobs not getting done that aren't even your department's responsibility, let alone your specific role.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything else.
Bath college offers a great range off ways to learn.
There is a lot of support available.

Fun and productive workplace for myself.

Bath college offered me a great chance too attend conferences with my line manager and on behalf off my line manger.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bath College?
Nice place to work good people the collage looks after you with a good pension good wages and a safe place to work with lots of room to climb the ladder and improve
Pros
Good pension great people
Cons
Changes all the time
It used to be good and perhaps it could be again. Right now there is a sense of too few people for the work that needs to be done and stress and dissatisfaction all round. Management is not very inspiring so we don't know where we are going and if things will get better.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
too much work for too few people
The College has undergone some serious, but necessary change and now has a management team in place who are capable of delivering positive outcomes for students, the community and its staff, that will also safeguard the future of the College.

The College always supported me during my time there and there is now a culture of continual development, accountability and striving for the best.

Management support staff and staff are rewarded for going above and beyond.

Really enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Location, colleagues
Cons
pockets of staff adverse to change
Busy, stimulating workplace where you get to really put your skills to the test. Plenty of opportunities to build on your knowledge by working with colleagues from other departments.
Pros
staff training events
Cons
work life balance
After the departure of a fine Principle in 2016 their replacement has embarked on making Bath College a place of suspicion, fear and woeful moral. Management have a gang mentality and rarely care about the staff and learners are now seen as a product and cash worthy.
Sad it used to be innovative, exciting and experiential but now it s is jaded, clinical and morose.

19 Voluntary redundancies

countless leaving of their own volition

approx 40 mandatory redundancies in pipeline

No remission

Reworked job description to front load Teachers
Pros
Bath City
Cons
hideous working environment
I enjoy working for Bath College at my current position. My management and the team I am part of is very encouraging and friendly, my daily tasks are interesting and I feel I have the potential to grow. I am seeking for opportunities to learn more things both within my job and outside.
There is never really a typical at work working with young people.
I have learned how to best manage my time juggling two jobs in the same organisation. This being the engagement activities with learners at lunch times and teaching a L1 functional skills English group. Co workers are all generally nice and approachable and always happy to help.
Pros
work in picturesque Bath Countryside
Cons
not paid enoguh for what I do. But love teaching, see learners progress is such a buzz love it.