Bath College Employee Reviews

fun friendly place to work , nothing ever a problem !
Buisnss Administrator (Current Employee) –  Adult Community Learning Bath College1 August 2018
Everyone works together to achieve the same results for our students and their futures , the management appreciate the work you do , reward you being giving you extra days holidays and special treats . I really look forward to coming to work and seeing all the friendly colleagues and the day pass s quick . Also free parking which is a bonus.
fun pressure
Demi Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Bath18 July 2018
it was great to do this completion it really improved my confidence and made me want to progress even more it was good to come up with my own menu at the time
Do yourself a favour and keep looking elsewhere.
A person (Former Employee) –  The College14 May 2018
In a nutshell, it's utterly understaffed which won't be changing anytime soon. You'll end up getting blamed for jobs not getting done that aren't even your department's responsibility, let alone your specific role.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything else.
One of the best places I have ever worked
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bath9 January 2018
Nice place to work good people the collage looks after you with a good pension good wages and a safe place to work with lots of room to climb the ladder and improve
Pros
Good pension great people
Cons
Changes all the time
not that great
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bath College9 November 2017
It used to be good and perhaps it could be again. Right now there is a sense of too few people for the work that needs to be done and stress and dissatisfaction all round. Management is not very inspiring so we don't know where we are going and if things will get better.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
too much work for too few people
Changing for the better
Ex-staff member (Former Employee) –  Bath, England18 August 2017
The College has undergone some serious, but necessary change and now has a management team in place who are capable of delivering positive outcomes for students, the community and its staff, that will also safeguard the future of the College.

The College always supported me during my time there and there is now a culture of continual development, accountability and striving for the best.

Management support staff and staff are rewarded for going above and beyond.

Really enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Location, colleagues
Cons
pockets of staff adverse to change
Fun place to work.
Lead Learning support (Current Employee) –  Bath and North East Somerset25 June 2017
Busy, stimulating workplace where you get to really put your skills to the test. Plenty of opportunities to build on your knowledge by working with colleagues from other departments.
Pros
staff training events
Cons
work life balance
Downhill fast
variable hours (Former Employee) –  Bath, UK1 June 2017
After the departure of a fine Principle in 2016 their replacement has embarked on making Bath College a place of suspicion, fear and woeful moral. Management have a gang mentality and rarely care about the staff and learners are now seen as a product and cash worthy.
Sad it used to be innovative, exciting and experiential but now it s is jaded, clinical and morose.
19 Voluntary redundancies
countless leaving of their own volition
approx 40 mandatory redundancies in pipeline
No remission
Reworked job description to front load Teachers
Pros
Bath City
Cons
hideous working environment
Interesting job with a potential to grow
International Officer (Current Employee) –  Bath2 October 2016
I enjoy working for Bath College at my current position. My management and the team I am part of is very encouraging and friendly, my daily tasks are interesting and I feel I have the potential to grow. I am seeking for opportunities to learn more things both within my job and outside.
Team that works hard but in a fun environment.
Engagement Specialist/ Trainee Tutor (Current Employee) –  Radstock30 June 2016
There is never really a typical at work working with young people.
I have learned how to best manage my time juggling two jobs in the same organisation. This being the engagement activities with learners at lunch times and teaching a L1 functional skills English group. Co workers are all generally nice and approachable and always happy to help.
Pros
work in picturesque Bath Countryside
Cons
not paid enoguh for what I do. But love teaching, see learners progress is such a buzz love it.