Bassetlaw District Council Employee Reviews

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Great
Count Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worksop10 May 2018
Great pay for one night work every few years. Great chance to meet new people. Relaxed working environment. Just counting to 10 a bunch of times and boundling.
Hard working environment
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire18 May 2017
A day was typically very hard working and intense. I was offered and completed many courses including a variety of Microsoft courses. BDC was a very generous employer in this area. The management were very professional and fair. The culture in the workplace was usually good. There were tensions due to the on-going government cuts which led to constant staff reductions. The hardest part of the job was the end of year accountancy work. The timescales and deadlines were always very demanding. The best part of the job was being able to devise and implement new ideas.
Pros
Flexi-time, great pension scheme.
Cons
Demanding workloads. Strict deadlines
Not the best place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worksop31 March 2016
I would rather not go into details. I did not enjoy working here at all. The atmosphere throughout the council was depressing.
Decent place to work.
Chargehand gardener. (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG31 December 2014
Been at Bassetlaw for 20 years+, regular hours and an easy commute for me. Passed quite a few courses during that time. Good management team, always listen to any problems I may have and working out solutions. Anything I need is usually provided. Hardest part of job is working in all weathers, though the work still gets done. Most enjoyable part is when members of public complement us on how well the areas look,which is always nice to hear, makes all the effort put in more worthwhile.
Pros
Steady hours, easy commute.
Cons
Working in all weathers.
Not a pleasant atmosphere to work
Parking Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Worksop9 October 2014
Not a pleasant atmosphere due to the bad attitude of certain managers who either like you or hate you .....no in between.

There was a persistent attitude of back stabbing that was really annoying.
Hard working but fun and enjoyable place to work
Sport Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Bassetlaw29 June 2014
During my time there, I was given many various roles: I was required to coach multi sports school holiday activities to children aged 5-10 in rural villages throughout Bassetlaw, promoting Sporting Chance at several venues and festivals throughout Bassetlaw, deliver Footballing Chance to years 7-9 at a local high school and supervised young people aged 11 to 18 to allow them to safely play Urban Paintball. I also worked with “SEE the ABILITY NOT the DISABILITY” (SAND) where I worked with children of various ages with various disabilities and modified sports/games to adapt to their disabilities, I was also responsible for ensuring the wellbeing and happiness of the children participating. From this experience my ability to interact effectively with people at all levels using empathy, tact and diplomacy developed greatly.
Pros
Great co-workers
Bassetlaw District Council
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worksop, ENG24 September 2013
My average day involved working on a finance book alongside a regular employee, the management was really friendly and always helped if i needed it anywhere. the hardest part of my job was keeping up to date and up to speed with the whole office around me. i learned many skills such as how to work quicker overall and also how to communicate in an office like manor.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly staff