Barrington James

Barrington James Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
In the last 2 years I have learned insane amounts with the business. If you are competitive, driven and like a fun (and loud) culture then this is the place for you.

The money you can earn here is life changing and I was very young when I joined yet I have out-earned all of my friends who are considered in 'well paid' jobs.
Pros
Directors lunch, team nights out
Cons
What YOU put into Barrington James, you get back. This is the type of workplace that, without doubt, recognises commitment and hard work exemplified by its employees.

A strong work ethic and a desire to learn (as well as a whole load of competitiveness) is what makes you a success here. You'll quickly learn to take constructive criticism and to be accountable for your errors - in return, you'll see how the coaching you receive is implemented and also how quickly you get results.

You're learning from the best at BJ everyday - surrounded by people who WANT to make you a better consultant. Yes, you'll work long hours but if you get into the habit of first-in, last-to-leave, you'll soon be the one boasting the huge paycheques.

We have an insane culture here and I've made friends for life. The board of directors will literally work with you one-on-one (unheard of elsewhere) and you'll never be just a number. Progression is encouraged and doors are never closed for you.
Pros
Great team culture, insane commission and earning potential, meritocratic environment, lucrative incentives
Cons
Barrington James was a fast paced and exciting environment to work in with a young and innovative workforce. They offered generous incentives for good work and provided lots of in house training.
The company are willing to take risks on the right candidates and have a very active social calendar.

Work would fluctuate between high to medium dependent on times of the month. In times of high volume work loads long days at the office were not uncommon but did not go unrecognised.
Pros
Exciting incentives
Cons
The environment is a very hard sales environment where they expect you to become completely Barrington James orientated. This culture works for people who don't have commitments outside of work but if you have, then I would not recommend the business as you are expected to drop everything to do what they say. They may tell you it's 08:30 till 17:30 but the closest you get is 08:00 till 18:00 and that is on a good day.

This leads to them having a revolving door.
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
Dog eat dog environment
Working at Barrington James for two years has given me a solid foundation into the world of recruitment, in a niche competitive market.
I have been given every chance possible to succeed in terms of training, development and support from all members of staff.

The drawbacks, I practically had to give up one year of my life in order to be a success, but over achieved against the 42K Year 1 OTE.

The hardest part of the job has to be putting in the hours to be prepared for the next day. The more you put in, the more you get out.
Pros
Directors Lunch, High Rollers Club, Uncapped Commision, Industry Leading Training Scheme
Cons
Long Hours, High Pressure Environment
i liked it
bit harsh

good training

bad work life balance

very competitive

low basic

high commission

i had a good manager but some in the business are not the best
Pros
good comission
Cons
bad basic
Barrington James is a great place to work if your a outgoing indivual who enjoys socialising out of office working hours. Management is great and supportive to ensure you are exceeding and meeting your KPI's. BUT this is a sales environment so their is a lot of internal competition and is a environment where only the"fittest will survive" and you will be required to work long hours.
Pros
Great incentives, sociable and fun enviorment
Cons
Long Hours