Barrhead Travel Employee Reviews

Going Through a Period of Change
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 February 2019
If you want to work in travel, Barrhead Travel is definitely the best company to join.There are some exciting things happening under the new management team. They have identified that people are their most important asset and are focusing on training, development and career progression.
Pros
Financial security as they are now part of the Travel Leaders Group, training and development, career progression from apprentice to management using a GROW programme, exciting educational trips.
Cons
No real cons, exciting prospects under the new leadership. The culture is changing.
Awful
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 February 2019
Worst company ever to work for. Took this job thinking it was going to be my dream job. If your thinking of doing the same, don't bother. My store was filled with immature bully's. Nasty workplace and when spoken to management to move store, they don't care. Adding on A LOT, of £££ to customers holidays, ridiculous amounts to hit targets. Shambles of a company.
Very poor team management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 January 2019
Just is a bad company to work for glad I it’s over to be honest, managers can’t deal with pressure and turn to drinking on the job, might be being harsh but it is the truth
Pros
Majority of the people are genuine and friendly
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Great Place to Work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 January 2019
I have worked for Barrhead Travel for nearly 3 years and it is a great place to work, you will make friends for life here. Like any company they have their Pros and Cons and is not suited to everyone but I can assure you that there are many members of staff who have been here for 10+ years so we are obviously doing something right.
Pros
Career Progression, Educationals
Cons
Salary, Long Hours
Worst Job Ever
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear10 January 2019
Do not work here, it is a living nightmare! It is the most two faced environment I have ever worked in, and the amount of stress and demeaning nature of this company has led me to tears. There is no fairness at all, and many weeks, you don’t even get a day off.
Pros
Cons
Manager and Senior Staff
Badly managed upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh27 December 2018
No chain of command within the company. Directors will regularly call staff members and question what they are doing wrong.
HR management have no qualifications in HR and need to discuss with external companies.
Bonus structure is okay if you are on a low salary but that doesn’t pay the bills. My experience within the whole company is of your face fits!
Staff members with years experience having to train new staff in much higher salaries.
Avoid at all costs
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
Poor HR, weekend working, no uniform, unprofessional upper management
Worst company ever
Travel consultant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City14 December 2018
Worked in Aberdeen Union Sq branch . It’s long term staff members dont make new staff feel welcome and if your face fits your ok. Very high staff turn over including past managers better off working for any other travel company than Barrhead here in Aberdeen. They just seem to be looking for staff all the time.......doesn’t that tell you something ?
Career
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian2 November 2018
Founded in 1975, The Barrhead Travel Group has grown from a single high street shop to a travel giant with 900 employees across 61 UK outlets, including travel agency stores, Business Travel offices and contact centres. Since the early days of the company, we’ve recognised that to be the best, we must have the best people working for us, and so our team members enjoy a programme of training and development that is unmatched in the travel business.
Pros
Fun
barrhead travel
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride31 October 2018
great higher management
good flexibility on shifts
very low basic salaries and only way to make decent income is from commission/sales on a monthly basis
Great place to work with lots of benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 October 2018
I have been at Barrhead Travel for well over a year now and I can honestly say I have enjoyed my time here. There are so many great people within this company and I have learned so much over the last year or so.Don't get me wrong, there are good days and bad days, but most companies have their pros and cons.

There are many great benefits to working at Barrhead too e.g. discounts on holidays, staff nights our, supplier nights out, employee discounts on food and restaurants.
Pros
Fantastic People
Cons
No Early Finishes
Very Poor organisation
Travel Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 August 2018
Not a great organisation to work for as the management is very unorganised with a distinct favouritism between regional & store managers within the sales force.
Social Media Executive (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 August 2018
Horrible place to work
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 June 2018
All managers were completely unapproachable. Majority of them made you feel insignificant. Only interested in ripping off hard working brits the place is basically just a con.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, poor work ethic, immoral charges to peoples holidays
if it works for you it is amazing
Sales Consultant, October (Current Employee) –  Silverburn, UK10 April 2018
very sales focused but not a lot of consideration taken when constantly dealing with walk in customers with admin and after sales problems from other stores etc

the people who have worked in travel for a long time make a lot of commission but have higher targets
Review
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  South Gyle19 March 2018
Excellent workplace, great colleagues, tremendous atmosphere to boost skills, knowledge and experience. Hardest part of the job was helping an apprentice colleague through certain tasks but definitely the most rewarding.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Travel distance
No job security
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 December 2017
I agree with the comments. The place is a shamblez!! Look elsewhere.

There is no job security at all. They treat you poorly if you have a voice!!!

Honestly so unprofessional to work for and to book holidays with.
Pros
The pay and bonus
Cons
Bullying by management. Constant staff turnover says it all!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 November 2017
An Insult to my intelligence
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 November 2017
This Company is a shambles
Lack of training , unrealistic targets , inexperienced managers with no skills on how to manage their staff , encouraged to rip customers off at every opportunity , no help or progression the list could go on !

There is a reason they have a very high turnover of staff !

You are better than Barrhead travel do not lower yourself !

Only a matter of time before they fold !
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 September 2017
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 September 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrhead Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6