Barratt Developments PLC

Barratt Developments PLC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom100 reviews
Fast pace environment
Dealing with all Sales Director's requirements in a face pacing and bonus driven environment. The culture was very sales orientated with unrealistic targets.
I left Barratt Development to work part-time at AWA Building Services from October 2017 to December 2018. In 2018 I retired.
Barratt
Excellent company to join straight out of college. Fast learning curve. Give you the opportunity to become multi disciplined through frequent role changes.
Excellent
Good worker hay level of english always on time god team worker god relationship with the team god levell of communication god relationship with claients
The best place to work
Barratt David Wilson Homes is a great company to work for. The culture of the business gives you plenty of opportunities to progress and gain new skills. Each day is different and there is always something new and exciting to do.
Exeter division
Newly appointed sales director loves punishment as apposed to learning and development. Human Resources are pretty much non-existent, the senior management team preach you about processes but don’t follow there own HR processes themselves. If your face doesn’t fit the directors have you out anyway possible. Money was reasonable when targets weren’t in achievable
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management skills love to micro manage
Enjoyable, varied
Barratt Homes is a company who looks after their staff as a result people want to come to work. Accuracy is needed and work is never the same each day
Brilliant start to my carpenter career
Learnt everything I needed to become a carpenter. Great work colleagues and Fab managers. Hours at 8-4:30 perfect work life balance. Typical site culture but all friendly.
Busy and varied workload
A great place to work, varied tasks which kept me busy and a good team to work with. Flexible working hours. Always something interesting going on in the office.
Pros
Great team nights out
Cons
Traffic at Aztec West
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Barratt Developments PLC?
Expected commitment but rewarded well
A good company to work for who had clear & defined visions.Like with most companies it was enjoyable under some Management teams but conversely not so good under others.However,they provided a good overall package which made the difficult times more bearable.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long hours & commute
Groundworker
Great to work for very good management fairly treated it was a pity they stopped the groundworks and tendered it out to other companies I would go back any time
No collaborative culture and bonus culture driven management
Considerable culture of concealment of problems and this reflects in the build quality ultimately. The best bit is they get to set the targets that trigger their own bonus, without realistic challenge from higher directors.
Excellent place to work
Excellent workplace, flexible management, bonus scheme for all staff within company, and not just Senior Management. All departments helpful and very approachable.
Pros
Flexibility
Stressful.
On a daily basis I will have to Deal with tradesmen, making on the spot decisions, H&S paperwork, making sure the material call off's are done.
I have learned how to use my time better making me more productive.

The best part is the Customers happy faces on handover.
Very nice place to work!
i enjoyed working here and learnt a lot of handy tips and tricks, i would recommend Barratt Developments to anyone who is starting out in the building trade as its a brilliant place to start.
The worst
Worst company I've ever worked for, I don't even want to waste my time writing this review about them. They make you a slave for little money, giving you things outside of your duties and expect you to be happy about it, managers have no idea what they are doing.
great for people looking for apprenticeship
I have worked for Barratts for 4 years and thoroughly enjoyed the apprenticeship and advise anyone looking for apprenticeship go for Barratts i will be sad to leave
Stressful, toxic office environment but well paid
Office in Manchester, very stressful, under-staffed, culture of intimidation and constant checks over your back.
Unorganised and chaotic department.

Paperwork to change of your working hours need to be approved by several directors, even if it's for 30 minutes earlier start and finish (the company 'prides' itself in, so they call it 'flexible working', which is not much more than an approval of change to your contractual hours by an hour or so).

Very strict on the clock.

The pay is good though; so if you are after money, you are in the right place. If you want work satisfaction and work-life balance, genuine and supporting manager - unfortunately you won't find it here.
Live to work at this place
Surprising how backward this company is, unrealistic expectations on timeline mean you are expected to work ridiculous hours. No such thing as work life balance at this place with a very 'old school' mentality of how a working environment operates. A very hard nose management approach from top down, reluctant to change and drag itself to 2019!
Pros
Salary & benefits not too bad.
Cons
No life.
Productive and a good place to work
Barratt Developments, is a great company to work for. The management team were great and helped me improve, whilst never making me feel like I was underachieving.
Excellent Company
Wonderful company to work for, young and dynamic people will excel within this companies policies and environment.
People are friendly, not much in the way of training unless you are a higher flyer and then courses seem to appear.

Good opportunities to develop however some old fashioned dinosaurs spoil movement and development, lack of experience and resource for some departments cause problems and yet they are the heart of works.
Pros
Excellent benefits and salary packages
Cons
hard to move forward without skill sets in place
Great family company
managing contractors, materials and customer care as well as working with Building Standards and NHBC.
Good training and well presented managers, sales and customer care trades. Easy going work force which work hard
Pros
development training
Cons
having to work the odd saturday or sunday
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barratt Developments PLC. Our community is ready to answer.