Barratt Developments PLC Employee Reviews

Friendly & welcoming environment
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon16 May 2018
Support departments masses of email traffic difficult systems hierarchical long days lots of report writing and data capturing friendly working environment
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
management
First role as a negotiator
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2018
Dreadful people who bullied me and made my life miserable. They have all left and gone elsewhere as have I but they still haunt me as they will not give up on making my life miserable by stopping me moving on wherever they are.
good job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  rugeley12 March 2018
the job is fantastic and so were the company but its very hard work dont think you can just go into it and wing it you must work very hard and be dedicated
I was only there as an agency worker.
Traffic Marshall (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London and Wandsworth27 February 2018
I wasn't full time with Barratts but I worked as a traffic Marshall for about 3 years with them. It was a busy job but it tested my skills and improved my experience.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
None.
Avoid - Liars 5 star Joke!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2018
What can I say started on my 1st day Manager motto " I do not care about the customers along as we retain our 5 star rating! do what your have to even if it means bribing them!" great start! hey!
A real insight as to how they work - do not do the pre-reservation check list properly "hence technically mis selling"
Do you want to work for an unprofessional company that hide behind the 5 star rating! Go ahead! you have been warned!
They try to make it out like they care about the staff and customer but they don't.
I purchased a Barratt home and had the same experience thinking it was the sales staff but having worked for them realized it is the culture and management!
Resigned the best thing I did! Did not want to be the scapegoat to the rude manager!
Long hours no breaks ran me into the ground now I understand why the previous person left in a hurry but it was all "hush hush under the carpet!" offered me the job in the interview "desperate!" springs to mind it was a warning sign to me! to get out and I did in the end! for my sanity!
Cons
Good work and life ballance
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire16 January 2018
Good place to work, very supportive management. Everyone's friendly and most importantly everyone is willing to have a laugh also very understanding of medical conditions so take that into consideration with everything you do.
Pros
Good pay, good managment and a friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Long Hours and can be very cold in the winter.
big company behind the times
Telehandler Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull8 January 2018
very big company who dont look after there on the books staff the people who made them a national company
if wastage was addrerssed wages would probably be more
Pros
long employment
Cons
long hours to make up wages
labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 December 2017
great work brilliant opportunities to go further in the company I enjoyed this job and all the work we done I loved the fact we travelled a lot and the pay was great
Bricklayer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 November 2017
I worked as an apprentice for Barrett homes for just over a year, I was laying bricks, loading out, tidying up mostly. Barrett homes as a company run things well and smoothly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Far to travel
Good working environment
On Site Sales Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Hampshire and Dorset13 November 2017
A large national builder who a variety of homes over a wide price range. Offered an opportunity of selling many different types of property to a broad range of customers
Pros
Pleasant working environment
Cons
Long Hours
Friendly Workplace
Shadowed a sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells8 November 2017
All staff are friendly and helpful, I felt very comfortable working in such an environment. Good facility's, up to date tech to make work easy as ever.
Pros
Free drinks
productive and freindly place
Assisted with administration tasks (Former Employee) –  London13 October 2017
i was only there to gain work experience therefore i have not earned any money, however i was given free meal and snacks that was nice.The hours were reasonable and it was easy environment to work even though it was the first time i have worked anywhere. i have learned that team work was very essential when it came to doing the job. The management was brilliant they were ahead of schedule. The hardest part about the job was there were no people of my age group so i had to socialise with older people which proved to be a challenge but good. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how the the building was been build and going to the highest floor and seeing everything that is down-it had a great view
Pros
free food and dring
Good company
temp contract (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 October 2017
Worked at the banks for some years and enjoyed taking on a new challenge.
Understanding and helpful with staff and good training. Pushed to train more with in the role
Pros
new challege
Cons
temp contact
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire10 October 2017
Learned and progressed thoroughly, enjoyed learning and working along side a good team. The sites are well organised and a pleasure to work on and be a part of.
Productive and good team environment
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aldgate2 October 2017
Working within the Land & Development department, it has potential to be a great department to work in but as one of two Personal Assistants in the department we are missing an Office Manager, Full time HR Co-ordinator, Facilities Manager and Receptionist so I spend a large part of my working day dealing with other roles which are not part of my job description and also not appreciated by my manager.
Treated different depending on the department you are in.
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 September 2017
Little experience on how to manage staff and there personal situations.
Treated different depending on which department you work in.
Seem to care only about the profit and not the wellbeing of their employees.
Very poor staff morale in certain departments.
This was not always the case,early years very happy place to work. Management knew work life balances employees felt valued.
New management need to be trained as their inexperience and lack of knowledge has put pressure on their department.
Pros
Share save scheme
Cons
Undervalued as an employee
challenging
Handyman/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 September 2017
Normally I get my jobs on my email agenda with the apoimants from my superiors from there which i have to attend mostly are repair and defects or inspection which has to be made, I learn loot especially how to work with the customers, management it depends from on place to another the hardest part of this job is dealing with tough customer.
fun place to work
Assist tradesmen in production of new build houses (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands30 August 2017
get to work meet with work force and get on with day to day jobs always work hard and get rewarded for doing so. a lot of lifting which was hardest part but battled through
Good Company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Battersea, Greater London1 August 2017
Good company. Good work ethic. Plenty of overtime for all workers. Only reason leaving is contract on site has run out and therefore no more work meaning another job is required to look for.
company
/acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton7 June 2017
A good company to work for with superb training and career prospects. They have many loyal staff which shows they are a good firm. They are a family based company with great understanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barratt Developments PLC. Our community is ready to answer.