Barratt Developments PLC Employee Reviews

Great place to work in
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  London10 December 2018
The Team work is the core of the Company culture, work environment is relaxed even if it can be quite busy. properties are well built with a deep attention to details. I have enjoyed working for Barratt very much. Shame they could not offer a better salary. Great Company
Pros
Team, Company culture
Cons
Low salary
Avoid - Liars 5 star Joke!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2018
What can I say started on my 1st day Manager motto " I do not care about the customers along as we retain our 5 star rating! do what your have to even if it means bribing them!" great start! hey!
A real insight as to how they work - do not do the pre-reservation check list properly "hence technically mis selling"
Do you want to work for an unprofessional company that hide behind the 5 star rating! Go ahead! you have been warned!
They try to make it out like they care about the staff and customer but they don't.
I purchased a Barratt home and had the same experience thinking it was the sales staff but having worked for them realized it is the culture and management!
Resigned the best thing I did! Did not want to be the scapegoat to the rude manager!
Long hours no breaks ran me into the ground now I understand why the previous person left in a hurry but it was all "hush hush under the carpet!" offered me the job in the interview "desperate!" springs to mind it was a warning sign to me! to get out and I did in the end! for my sanity!
Good Pay, Hostile Enviroment
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  London3 November 2018
Without sounding dramatic, everyone just passes their work onto somebody else.

Also everyone is h e l l bent on blaming another person for a mistake.

Genuinely the most hostile environment I've ever worked.

You will always be set up to fail, and failure is always announced publicly.

But they pay reasonably well so it's a bit of give and take.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
More hostile than Gaza
Amazing company, ethic and staff.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands21 September 2018
Greatest work experience of my life.

Put through some excellent training courses and was helped and supported every step of the way by management.

Truly awesome company to work for and was terribly sad to leave. Would return in a heart beat.
Good Company to work for
Customer Care Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh14 June 2018
Barratt is a good company to work, has great benefits. Customer Care need more staff and a balance of work. The pressure on staff isn't great as there isn't enough staff to cover absences.
Good work and life ballance
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire16 January 2018
Good place to work, very supportive management. Everyone's friendly and most importantly everyone is willing to have a laugh also very understanding of medical conditions so take that into consideration with everything you do.
Pros
Good pay, good managment and a friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Long Hours and can be very cold in the winter.
Great Company
Night Concierge (Former Employee) –  Aldgate3 September 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. They paid well and looked after their staff. The training was good and I would have stayed with the company a lot longer if I did not relocate out of London.
Pros
Well paid.
Cons
Dodgy Area in London.
Friendly & welcoming environment
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon16 May 2018
Support departments masses of email traffic difficult systems hierarchical long days lots of report writing and data capturing friendly working environment
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
management
National Housebuilders
Customer Service Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bradley Stoke, Gloucestershire9 November 2018
Working as part of a team within customer service dealing with remedials for customers in their new homes. Helping with a range of enquiries on a day to day basis
Treated different depending on the department you are in.
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 September 2017
Little experience on how to manage staff and there personal situations.
Treated different depending on which department you work in.
Seem to care only about the profit and not the wellbeing of their employees.
Very poor staff morale in certain departments.
This was not always the case,early years very happy place to work. Management knew work life balances employees felt valued.
New management need to be trained as their inexperience and lack of knowledge has put pressure on their department.
Pros
Share save scheme
Cons
Undervalued as an employee
productive and freindly place
Assisted with administration tasks (Former Employee) –  London13 October 2017
i was only there to gain work experience therefore i have not earned any money, however i was given free meal and snacks that was nice.The hours were reasonable and it was easy environment to work even though it was the first time i have worked anywhere. i have learned that team work was very essential when it came to doing the job. The management was brilliant they were ahead of schedule. The hardest part about the job was there were no people of my age group so i had to socialise with older people which proved to be a challenge but good. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how the the building was been build and going to the highest floor and seeing everything that is down-it had a great view
Pros
free food and dring
Excellent pay and benefits
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, UK28 March 2017
Savage company to work for but benefits are very good to compensate the high stress levels. Products are over priced. Sales targets are very high and not realistic to the market. Too much work is put on the advisor which is not and/or should not be their responsibility. Such as gardening, watering plants, litter picking and snagging properties for completion and handover but given no formal training. Properties signed off by directors that should not be signed off. You are most definitely a number and are reminded of that continuously. You will be told straight, it might not be very nice but at least you always know where you stand. Prepare for an absolute savage roasting. Firm but fair for the most part but really big blame culture here, which naturally filters down to the lowest ranking employee, the sales advisors. For such a big company they are not very organised at all but when they get round to training it is good but unfortunately mostly online.
Pros
Excellent salary
Cons
Profit before people
big company behind the times
Telehandler Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull8 January 2018
very big company who dont look after there on the books staff the people who made them a national company
if wastage was addrerssed wages would probably be more
Pros
long employment
Cons
long hours to make up wages
First role as a negotiator
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2018
Dreadful people who bullied me and made my life miserable. They have all left and gone elsewhere as have I but they still haunt me as they will not give up on making my life miserable by stopping me moving on wherever they are.
Good working environment
On Site Sales Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Hampshire and Dorset13 November 2017
A large national builder who a variety of homes over a wide price range. Offered an opportunity of selling many different types of property to a broad range of customers
Pros
Pleasant working environment
Cons
Long Hours
I was only there as an agency worker.
Traffic Marshall (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London and Wandsworth27 February 2018
I wasn't full time with Barratts but I worked as a traffic Marshall for about 3 years with them. It was a busy job but it tested my skills and improved my experience.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
None.
Friendly Workplace
Shadowed a sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells8 November 2017
All staff are friendly and helpful, I felt very comfortable working in such an environment. Good facility's, up to date tech to make work easy as ever.
Pros
Free drinks
good job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  rugeley12 March 2018
the job is fantastic and so were the company but its very hard work dont think you can just go into it and wing it you must work very hard and be dedicated
Overall good company
Concierge (Current Employee) –  London18 May 2017
The site where I work has below average salary, but work conditions are fairly good. 12hrs a day, 4 on 4 off work-long hours, but pretty good if you want to get away for a few days only without wasting annual leave.
Pros
Pretty secure job
Cons
Stressful
challenging
Handyman/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 September 2017
Normally I get my jobs on my email agenda with the apoimants from my superiors from there which i have to attend mostly are repair and defects or inspection which has to be made, I learn loot especially how to work with the customers, management it depends from on place to another the hardest part of this job is dealing with tough customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barratt Developments PLC. Our community is ready to answer.