Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews
Good
Nice place some lovely staff. Sometimes fair in off duty. Patients well cared for and good services offered. Facilities updated regularly. Poor parking placement.
Barnsley Hospital NHS foundation Trust
I worked for the Trust due to caronavirus pandemic and they were supportive and so helpful. Can highly recommend this place to work people are friendly and lovely to work with excellent team members.
Very poor
The entire hospital, mostly estates(BFS) as a culture of bullying and harassment through its system, which it covers over on a daily basis. There is no help from the higher personal, you are just driven out. The Health and safety Executive should be called in to review the working practices of the management and staff in the estates as it is very unsafe.
Change ov jobs
I've been here 5 years and I enjoy my job at Barnsley hospital good worker and good time keeping enjoy working in different areas ov the trust and giving the right care and support to patients
Good
Good place to work, really rewarding, but after many years I'm ready for a change and would like a new different career.
A job that is not as many working hours and something that fits round my family life.
Fun workplace
Since starting in 2011 I have learned a lot from BDGH. Including being a nursing auxiliary to Administration. I have gained lots of experience with patients and colleagues.
Pros
Excellent hours and place to work
Cons
Working xmas
Boring with not a lot of work to do
I work 37.5 hours a week Monday - Friday. Daily, I do general office duties, answer phone calls and reply to e-mails. I find this boring as this is not a heavy workload or a challenging workload. With my experience I have learned how to use our NLMS and ESR intranet sites. This is used when booking people to attending courses. My manager is really good and efficient. If you need something sorting then I know that it would be sorted right away. My manager is also very encouraging to the team and pushes us all to attend training courses and complete certifications. The hardest part of the job would be answering certain phone calls as sometimes I am not able to answer them as I don't know the answer. For example, I received a phone call the other day from someone who wanted to book in some Project Griffin Training. I had never heard of this so I had to pass the phone call on to a colleague. I enjoy working with people I really get along with.
Pros
The staff all get along
Cons
Boring and repetitive
Fun place to work and fair
I have always been happy working at this hospital, it has been a fun workplace to work. This hospital provides stability, fairness to all its staff at all times. It also is a family friendly hospital.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust?
Productive and fine workplace
I really enjoy volunteering at Barnsley Hospital because it gives me the opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people. I have gained a lot of confidence since I started volunteering, and I want to explore more volunteering opportunities to help me shape my future.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location