Barnardo's Employee Reviews

Found 1,014 reviews matching the search See all 1,052 reviews
good
Sales Assistant work experience (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 December 2018
I worked in this place for a week and it was a good experience as i was able to communicate with different customers from different age groups which was interesting
Fun Hardwork
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire11 December 2018
The work we did was long and hard but the co workers really improved the long hours as they was easy to talk to and fun to be with some of the tasks was struggling at first but once you learn what to do it is so easy to get through the days
Pros
3 Breaks
Workable atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bonnybridge, UK10 December 2018
It was a great place to work in and I felt my colleagues were very helpful and very friendly and supportive as I was to them and the work itself was easy to complete and there was enough time in between tasks to get other smaller tasks completed.
Pros
Flexible breaks
Cons
Days were too short
Nice place to volunteer.
General Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockworth, Gloucestershire8 December 2018
I enjoyed this place everyone was very friendly, and supported you any way they could.

I enjoyed being able to help my local community, and be apart of the charity that is Barnardos.
Pros
Helping a worthy charity
Okay
Store clerk (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, UK7 December 2018
It was great but some of the customers were quite rude and expect quite a lot from a charity shop, however, what made up for this was the funny and really kind co-workers who made it a lot better.
Worst place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, UK7 December 2018
Nobody knows what they are doing, they act better than everyone, no customer skills, clique environment, actively avoid at all costs, in the bottom 10 places to work for in the UK.
Pros
Free tea and coffee.
Cons
Everything.
it was a great experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear29 November 2018
i really enjoyed working at barados pennywell it was great and i loved it i felt really welcomed among the staff i would recommed them to anyone of my friends
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 November 2018
Unfortunately, the store i worked at is now closed-it was amazing. Everyone was so nice, and it was good to do something for others.
The manager was lovely.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 November 2018
I enjoyed working here as it made me feel great. Everyday was different and all the staff there was amazingly kind. I did it for its good cause. I will do it again.
Charity and Business Sector
Business Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 November 2018
Barnardo's are the largest Children's Charity in the UK ,

Barnardo's have a National Business Development team with a Unit based in south Liverpool.
productive and fun
Charity Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 November 2018
really great place to work everyone got on well together i would definitely recommend people to go there it helped me learn new skills and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
Fun/ amazing place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallasey, Merseyside23 November 2018
I love working in this place as it brings out happiness working with the work collogues that I am around. I enjoy making sure that the place is always presentable and good for when the customers come in.
Pros
Having fun and having a laugh
Cons
Unhappy coustermers
Good workplace
OBIEE Developer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 November 2018
My current role as the OBIEE developer at Barnardo’s (UK’s largest children’s charity) and previous extensive experience working with the charity sector (Cancer Research UK amongst others) has given me a very good overview of the whole OBIEE stack. I have worked closely with different areas of the charity business and engaged and managed the stakeholders.

My role included working with sensitive data and producing high-quality reports for the senior level of the organisation to use to enable them to make strategic decisions.
No two days were the same.
Student Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury19 November 2018
The days were very busy. There was always plenty of new challenges with lots to learn. It could be demanding at times but was always rewarding to see the young people develop.
productive and rewarding
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London15 November 2018
Working in a retail shop I gained experience in how to organise clothes. The staff there were very friendly and always wanted to help teach us new things or anything we found difficult.
Pros
fun
Productive and fun,
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 November 2018
I organised clothes that were donated to us by hanging them onto hangers and placing them onto racks according to colour, size and clothing type. good place to learn how to be organised and manage time.
Pros
meet some lovely people and work for a great cause
Cons
Can get boring after a while as it can be repetitive
Fun Work environment
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleton Park12 November 2018
A lot of customers are regulars and you get to know them quite well, meaning the shop floor is always good to work on. management are good to work with although head office often has communication issues which causes issues for the store.
Incredibly fulfilling.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly8 November 2018
I loved my experience at Barnardo’s, from working with friendly staff members to helping customers with any queries or donations. I found the role to be enjoyable and beneficial as I felt that I was contributing to society and helping others which I find to be very important.
Pros
Free cups of tea and coffee
Cons
Can be repetitive
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Nursery Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire7 November 2018
I enjoyed volunteering with Barnado's as there were very friendly managers and colleagues. It was a good investment of my time as I learnt a lot from working with other people and talking to new people.
The role of classroom assistant was a great job as we would often plan different activities to celebrate the range of cultures in the class. Barnado's positively supports a variety of cultural and religious beliefs which is great to witness while working there.
Overall, I am very happy with my placement at Barnado's and would definitely recommend them.
Keeps you busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham6 November 2018
I loved the job but the attitude of the area manager at that time stunk.
they expect far too much from a person and expect them to do the work of 3 people but get paid as little as they can possibly pay.
Pros
Keep busy
Cons
Area Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barnardo's. Our community is ready to answer.