Barking & Dagenham College Employee Reviews

an interesting challenge
Tutor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 August 2018
Working as an Esol Tutor at Barking & Dagenham College was a really interesting experience. I enjoyed the time with my students and l learnt a lot with and frrom them. The feedback from my students was amazing too! They made me feel special, empathetic and efficient teacher. In my classroom there were students from 10 different countries which made my job even more interesting. Coping with situations made me stronger and eager to work as a teacher in future. I am keen to make a difference in Education and l will do anything to get there. I am also willing to apply for QTLS in September 2018.
Pros
the opportunity of working in the College
Cons
Some of the staff
Productive and fun place to study
Conceptual Design Projects (Former Employee) –  Romford10 June 2018
I spent a just over three years at the college, studying various courses, and gain a lot of opportunities and made a lot of friends. I will never forget my time at the college or my friends.
Pros
Great place to study
Cons
didn't get paid for the commissions
Fun place to work
Lecturer of GCSE & Functional Skills Mathematics (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
Challenging but supportive environment. The distance was a real issue because of my accommodation then and the ages of my children.

The management was supportive too.
I will always remember the turn around of my students to love Maths and the positive effects on their results.
Cons
Dstance to my home
Not enjoyable
IT Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 October 2017
This college is not an enjoyable work life and can leave you depressed and stressed.

Colleagues are rude and bring work moral down. The office is always untidy and is very boring.
Rewarding Pace to Work
Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rush Green, Romford26 June 2017
Very supportive team with a family feel.

There are lots of different areas to work within the college and staff are very supportive and helpful.

every area is different and the website is very useful.
Pros
term time working
Cons
10 week summer break
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  BDC7 May 2017
Disaster, messed up, management is incompetent, many of them unqualified with no or little experience and skills therefore mostly unfair causing chaotic learning and teaching experience at every level
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
was a great place to work
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Romford, ENG6 November 2014
busy busy busy - something new every day- good team manager - all great- working during enrolment 8.30 -9 pm everyday for 4 weeks. Meeting and helping new students.
Pros
good holidays
Interesting
Sales Ledger Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romford, ENG10 March 2014
Normal Working Hours 8.30am -5pm - interact with students, lecturers and business support staff.
Pros
Long Holidays
Cons
Slow Progression
Nice Enviroment
Apprentice at Barking & Dagenham (Current Employee) –  Dagenham, ENG30 December 2013
Helping Customers with queries and course information.

Learn't how to use Microsoft office, gained better confidence and customer service skills.

Management was okay at times but sometimes the atmosphere was to dull and made people not want to come to work.

co-workers were brilliant, all hardworking and very helpful.

having to work for the apprentice wage.

learning what I could and gaining all the experience.
Pros
Finish early on a Friday
Cons
Very bad pay
respond to emails, visit users to obtain updates on requirements attend meetings on a add hock bases, acquire updates from staff on project progress,
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  ENG29 August 2013
a typical day would involve going though emails and a getting updates on project progress, the hardest part of the job was trying to get good products at cheap prices, the most enjoyable part was once the project reached closure and i could see the finished room being used.
Pros
local to where i live
Cons
no free lunches