Barker Ross Group

Barker Ross Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
what to know
Not enough training was provided before starting the job. However my work colleagues were very helpful and they helped me settle in and showed me how to get up to speed
commited work culture
professional in approach
fast-paced work of packing

good administration

good friendly reception in the admin office and on-site staff

cooperative and helping
Pros
good place to work
Cons
less overtime
Wouldn’t recommend
Pro it’s an independent job
They were uninformative,

The interview process felt very rushed,

Lack of communication between themselves,

Misplaced documents after interview,

And overall made to feel replaceable.
Fantastic
O worked for barker ross both has catering assistant and support work and have bo complainants. Wages were paid in time, office staff are there for you when you need. Definitely recomended
Great driver with 22 years experience
I'm interested in the job and would like to be apart of your team ..Been working at a housing association making roads pipe line for gas ,water and electric loading lorries etching.
made redundant
Filling in lots of paperwork
Greeting customers

Helpful staff

made me realise how different some people treat others which was a real eye opener to me.
Support Staff Nottingham
The positive aspects of working for Barkerross is the staff are very approachable and professional and it offers flexible working hours. The staff at Barkerross have a greater understanding of the agency staff's needs and circumstances and they will accommodate accordingly.

The staff engage positively with all of their staff from different nationalities and ethnic minorities. I have met some lovely, amazing staff at the agency, and I have worked at some amazing places. I have throughly enjoyed being a member of the agency and has been a worthwhile experience, and I enjoy my job and making a difference to clients lives.

The manager is always available to listen to staff to highlight any concerns.

I would highly recommend Barkerross as a recruitment agency to work for.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
I don't have any to report.
Food production
Prepare ingredients for the food were going to make. Be hygienic and wash our hands and wear appropriate clothing. Make sure we all know what were doing. Add labels to the food. Make sure everything is neat to be ready to be sent to the shop.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
7 to 8 hours per night
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Barker Ross Group?
Friendly atmosphere
With this team I got very good time,good expierence.Meet lots of nice and friendly people,very helpfull.Good and full training provide.Flexible shift and good paid.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
long hours shift
Poor company, does not treat others fairly
This company does not reply to emails,does not call, and treats people in an unfair manner.

I do not have anything else to say other than, it is a company interested in making a pound or two.
Avoid at all cost.
The main issue was with the employment itself rather than Barker Ross. The manager is extremely unprofessional and the ring leader of bullying. Unwilling to train the staff and would rather gossip behind your back instead of help. Best decision made was leaving! Wouldn't work through agency again due to lack of communication once they was made aware of the situation.
Pros
Going home
Official response from Barker Ross Group
12 February 2019
We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our client – we do take these complaints seriously. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with us direct on this matter.
Pretty basic warehouse work
Some warehouses better than others, difficulties with communication with agency workers, pretty good pay, not flexible hours, good for a short period of time
I have never let them down and they have never let me down
As a temp, some time ago, I could always rely on Barker Ross, never had to ask for job continuity since I've started. I've proved them to be reliable and hard working and that is all I needed. Even my english was basic at the time.

Typical day at work - depend where I was sent, generally easy jobs with nice and positive people around

What I've learned? - if you work hard no-one will mess with you

workplace culture - great

hardest part of the job - sometimes it was just too fast

most enjoyable part of the job - going home ;)

You're treated the same way you treat them. Is that simple
Pros
I am not a temp anymore - I've earned it.
Cons
difficult to learn english if most people can only communicate on a basic level
good
Very tiring but fun pacey at times
i have learned a lot since i worked for barker ross group

management was good

the hardest part of the job was when other wasnt doing their work quickly

i have enjoyed it everytime
Productive work place
Good placecto work and nice people No complain so far I will recommend to friends.Nice web support payslip sends online very good experience .its good communication between everyone
Pros
Good atmosphere
avoid at all costs.
Terrible communication, been working through them a few months and then work just stops, never received any information as to why or when work will return. I ring the office to find out and get told they no longer need me as the orders/stock is low (which is fair enough if they had told me, but this is 3 weeks after work stops) I then got told they would contact me if anything else comes up.
I go back on indeed and notice atleast 3 jobs available in the area through this company so I ring to enquire about one, to be told it's the same job I was doing! But once I tell them my details, its suddenly not available to apply for, nor are any of the others! Absolutely despicable unprofessional company!

Bullies all round and think they are better than you!

*spit spit spit*

P.s. Im all for constructive criticism, if there was something they were unhappy with. But lying to people gets you nowhere.
Pros
The place I was working in was actually very nice and the staff were kind and helpful.
Cons
Unprofessional, Bullys, very unreliable work, liars!
Avoid
Worst employer ever. Micro management, agressive approach to employees, dismissive and ignorant directors. Very unprofessional. Top manager Awful!!!
Culture of back stabbing and lies!!

You feel more appreciation from clients and temporary employees than your work colleagues and bosses.
Pros
Cons
Atmosphere, management, company culture
Not bad at all
I worked for BARKER ROSS for a few months, I never had problems with payment.
The only minus was the lack of information about the work and finished contract. The agent forgets to tell me not to return to the company after the new year due to the fact that they do not need me anymore.
Horrible ppace to work
An absolute shambles of an agency constantly being lied to, turn in to work for the AM shift just to be turned away told there is no work dispicable, there are staff from GI Group doing the exact same job but getting paid more
Hard working team
Try to do their best for customers and on whole look after their staff well with several staying for years! Some good soft benefits including awards and annual conference.
Excellent agency
I've worked at many places for Barker Ross over the last 3 years, mainly warehouse work but I've also done some packing work at weekends.
Personally I always find the people I speak to very helpful and friendly. The office is really big and very professional.

I always get paid correctly which is important. I've had lots of issues with agencies paying me properly before I worked at Barker Ross.

My favorite place is Cromwell which is in Wigston. Good people and nice canteen.
Pros
Friendly and professional