Barker Ross Group Employee Reviews

avoid at all costs.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire4 April 2018
Terrible communication, been working through them a few months and then work just stops, never received any information as to why or when work will return. I ring the office to find out and get told they no longer need me as the orders/stock is low (which is fair enough if they had told me, but this is 3 weeks after work stops) I then got told they would contact me if anything else comes up.
I go back on indeed and notice atleast 3 jobs available in the area through this company so I ring to enquire about one, to be told it's the same job I was doing! But once I tell them my details, its suddenly not available to apply for, nor are any of the others! Absolutely despicable unprofessional company!
Bullies all round and think they are better than you!
*spit spit spit*
P.s. Im all for constructive criticism, if there was something they were unhappy with. But lying to people gets you nowhere.
Pros
The place I was working in was actually very nice and the staff were kind and helpful.
Cons
Unprofessional, Bullys, very unreliable work, liars!
Avoid
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Leicester20 March 2018
Worst employer ever. Micro management, agressive approach to employees, dismissive and ignorant directors. Very unprofessional. Top manager Awful!!!
Culture of back stabbing and lies!!
You feel more appreciation from clients and temporary employees than your work colleagues and bosses.
Pros
Cons
Atmosphere, management, company culture
Not bad at all
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire3 January 2018
I worked for BARKER ROSS for a few months, I never had problems with payment.
The only minus was the lack of information about the work and finished contract. The agent forgets to tell me not to return to the company after the new year due to the fact that they do not need me anymore.
Horrible ppace to work
CO-Packer (Former Employee) –  BOLSOVER3 November 2017
An absolute shambles of an agency constantly being lied to, turn in to work for the AM shift just to be turned away told there is no work dispicable, there are staff from GI Group doing the exact same job but getting paid more
Hard working team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands2 October 2017
Try to do their best for customers and on whole look after their staff well with several staying for years! Some good soft benefits including awards and annual conference.
Excellent agency
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire13 September 2017
I've worked at many places for Barker Ross over the last 3 years, mainly warehouse work but I've also done some packing work at weekends.
Personally I always find the people I speak to very helpful and friendly. The office is really big and very professional.
I always get paid correctly which is important. I've had lots of issues with agencies paying me properly before I worked at Barker Ross.
My favorite place is Cromwell which is in Wigston. Good people and nice canteen.
Pros
Friendly and professional
Poor Agency to Work For
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough11 July 2017
I worked in a warehouse for this agency for a year and had no end of issues with them from unfair treatment to them lying to both myself and the warehouse about my availability etc. They also did nothing in attempt of finding me a contract elsewhere when the first ran out.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
Unfair treatment
disorganization, inattention and violation of the laws
Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire30 May 2017
This Agency is often confused time and place of work staff, forget to list the salary, to send and sign documents in time, record vacation time, do not give P45. Pregnant women are illegally fired.
Not great
Administrator (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London7 March 2017
Working for Barker Ross was OK while i was there- until they told me they no longer needed an adminstrator and was pushing me to do a different role i didnt want to do (whilst still doing my admin job) or told me i had to leave if not.
Adelie food
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Adelie southall7 February 2017
I was working in adelie food production area as a working in balt putting vegetables on bread packing, picking and cleaning sift iwhen they require
un-stuctured.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hawarden15 September 2016
The recruiter for the agency was very rude, un supportive and unhelpful.

My first day at the residential home, i was greeted by a number of staff who were over worked and have also handed their notices in.

No information about me was given to the residential home from the agency.

Despite the agency i very much enjoyed the work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no support - lack of training
Loud and stressing workplace but enjoyable
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Wigston11 September 2016
Long and short working hours.
Team work.
Poor management.
Indifferent people.
Long afternoon shifts.
Evenly distributed breaks.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No air conditioning
Short-Term Experience
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leicester6 June 2016
I worked for Barker Ross for 5 months and was working at Eddie Stobarts for the amount of time. I really enjoyed working in a factory packing new stock on a regular basis. It was repeatative work that I got well into as I would remember how to do. Also I got on well with the management and the staff at the factory. When I first went to Eddie Stobarts to work Barker Ross had provided transport but then decided to take transport off after four months of me working there. I really struggled to get to the factory as I was always short on money through the wages I was given. This was the hardest part of the job as I enjoyed going to work. The management at Barker Ross were friendly and would help out when I had a problem.
Pros
Early morning starts
Cons
Short -Term work
fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Irthlingborough, ENG1 February 2016
fun work place very clean best part of my job was driving the forklift and working back shift the staff was good there learned how to clean waste machines and other warehouse duties
Pros
n/a
Cons
Working in offices carrying out a variety of tasks.
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG13 February 2014
Working as a temporary receptionist/administrator was varied. I carried out many different tasks such as computer work, dealing with visitors, accounts work, calculating timesheets, dealing with customers on the phone, ordering stationery and other goods, and many other ad hoc duties. It required a high degree of multi-tasking which is a skill I possess. The management were excellent and the camaraderie was good. The hardest part of the job was communicating with foreign visitors when neither myself nor the visitor spoke the other's language. It was satisfying meeting deadlines every day.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
It could be extremely busy and very quiet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barker Ross Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8