Barclays Pay & Benefits reviews

Specialist Complaints Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 July 2018
Loved it, pay was great, people were great, not really a bad thing to say about this job. The contracts were only 6 months, but it was the best 6 months of employment I have had.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, good managers
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands1 July 2018
Good employer, flexible to family commitments. Lots of employee benefits. Nice working environment. Lots of training given. Developmement available. Equal working environment.
Productive and fun to work there
Selling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire29 June 2018
Had fun for the week that I worked there it was productive and fun, however the change from school to a job was easy to get used and will wanting to work again.
Pros
Air conditioning as it was summer.
Cons
Distance to travel
Reconmended place to work
Diamond Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Northwich29 June 2018
Appreciate work/life balance.
Offer great benefits such as sharesave scheme, pensions, childcare vouchers etc.
Robust processes in place which ensures people are treated fairly.
Great company to work for
Project Co-ordinator / Business Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf22 June 2018
Barclays is a great company to work for. There are a lot more benefits for being a permanent employee rather than contract however for a company like this.
fun environment to work in
operations manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 June 2018
working at Barclays is a fun and wonderful experience. You are treated very well by the staff and are respected and treated equally.The staff at Barclays offer their services to help you when you are in need and are willing to spend their time with you to help you improve.
Pros
long lunches
An awesome company
AREA PERFORMANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London15 June 2018
Did many years with Barclays and loved it all. Great leadership and the company is constantly evolving. Really look after their staff and will go globally for the best leaders.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
A good place to work. Fun events regularly available for staff
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Cardiff14 June 2018
Opportunity to carry out charity and community work. Good salary and health benefits
Quite difficult on occasions due to having to deal with unpleasant customers
Pros
Private health care
Cons
Stressful
Hard work but good fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  London5 June 2018
Early start in the morning with lots of information to process as the day goes on. Can be daunting at first but is informative and has lots to do when your there. Multitasking can be required and be tracking lots of information throughout the day. The commute can be a hassle but that depends on the train. Good atmosphere to work in though
Pros
Free lunches
good place to work
Essential Banker/ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 May 2018
good place to work with lovely team across branches. good team great management support career progression. good benefits and encouragement from senior management
Pros
life work balance
Cons
working weekends
Excellent company to work for, great benefits
Essential Banker (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham22 May 2018
As stated above, Barclays are a great company to work for, they offer great benefits to their employees and genuinely care about their well being. The banking world is constantly changing and Barclays are one of the leading innovators of this.
Pros
Health care, friendly colleagues and a constantly changing environment
Great career prospects at the time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Faringdon, Oxfordshire21 May 2018
Joined Barclays after leaving college and advanced my career with good pay, good benefits and good prospects. Not so sure this is still the same these days.
Pros
Cheap mortgages, SAYEs
Cons
Job roles changed
good, professional,
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  manchester 4pp18 May 2018
good place to work, constantly changing. made some great friends, found my life partner in that place.

typical day. answering phone calls for arrears, can get extremely boring, you are constantly clock watched, same repetitive script.

you will know more then the management as they are changing all the time. Do not expect them to have your back. Barclays maintains a dog eat dog world where even your manager will go against you at any point as they do tend to become power mad, e.g how long you were in the bathroom.

hardest part is that they expect you to take on everything and more but will not increase your salary or pay for your time. instead might give you a slice of pizza if you did some overtime.
Pros
good ppl, nice environment, benefits
Cons
horrible hours, pay
unproductive
Community banker (Former Employee) –  liverpool17 May 2018
I did not enjoy working for Barclays as it was not the right thing for me, I felt the days dragged and my mind was not being challenged, although the pay was good I did not see myself working there in the long term.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
Highly pressurised
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London10 May 2018
Long hours, but again good training available. Very pressurised and stress levels often higher than average.

Customer service levels good and staff very knowledgeable
No career progression
Essential banker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 April 2018
love te job ad the people however there is a high turnover of staff who dont stay. long hours a lot of responsibility that is not reflected in pay. Staff are lovely, very hard to get promoted... its not what you know its who you know.
Pros
good share system
Cons
no work life balance low pay
Was a good place to work
Corporate Managers Assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 April 2018
I worked in Barclays for a number of years learning the job from scratch and working my way up. I worked mainly in Central London initially full time and reduced my hours when my children where born.

At the time Barclays was a great company to work for with great benefits and pension. Obviously as most of the larger companies they had to cut costs and most of the benefits where removed.

I learnt a lot working for Barclays and gave me the confidence to deal with customers on a day to day basis giving me a great rapport with all the customers I dealt with. This company as you can imagine customer service was their priorty.
Productive and fun workplace
Essential Banker (Current Employee) –  London22 April 2018
A typical day at work we make sure everything goes according to plan and what we should improve or what we need to focus more on.

I learned that teamwork its very important and supporting each other makes the bank a nice place to work.

In terms of management I learned that being in other's people shoes make the difference as you can understand them and they feel grateful.

We usually have different cultures at work, people from different countries so following the values of integration and respect is very important.

The hardest part of the job is to speak with customers about products and the most enjoyable is helping people with their financial needs.
Benefits
Cons
short of staff
Multi tasking
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fleet22 April 2018
Not just a question of being a cashier nowadays, you need to be able to multi task and be knowledgeable in a few areas, knowing the basics around mortgages, business accounts and account servicing.
Pros
minimal weekend work, good benefits
Cons
poor pay.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire13 April 2018
Gaining more experience, learned how to cope under pressure, positive people, very helpful, learned how to priorities workload. good hours and great holiday pay.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K