Barclays Employee Reviews

Great
Assisting Behind the counter (Former Employee) –  letters, UK20 October 2018
A great place to work at
I have learned a lot here and the culture is one of the best so far.
this is a job that I enjoyed working for.
the job is not hard as it is very easy
Very helpful with confidence
Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London20 October 2018
I liked that everyone is friendly and everyone helped me grow and learn new skills for the worked area I was able to choose what I do and who I worked with and was able to learn from different people,
Pros
learned how to be more confident
Cons
nothing
Short and productive
KYC Checker (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 October 2018
I enjoyed working here as a KYC checker. It was an important role, where i got to decide whether the customer could open their account with Barclays or not.
Pros
Enjoyed the role
Cons
Short contract
Began a successful career here
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 October 2018
I began as a young 16 year old and developed and matured into a young 30 year old when I left. Was great place to work with many friends made along the way.
productive
Essential Banker (Current Employee) –  Bradford17 October 2018
management style is not good enough as many colleagues are unable to cooperate with it and or learn from it therefore many colleagues are unhappy and complain
Good benefits, poor management
VP, Program Trading (Former Employee) –  London15 October 2018
The manager in my team was smart and nice but weak when it cam to dealing with overbearing and dominant team members which ruined the culture on the desk and poisoned the work environment.
Pros
Great canteen
Cons
Long hours, poor team culture
Helped me build confidence
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Dudley13 October 2018
As i worked front of house on my experience i had to speak to many people that i did not know and help them with some things they did not understand, working in a bank you need to be trusted, i think this really helped me build confidence when talking to people i do not know.
Working for Barclays
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 October 2018
Barclays as a company is great in terms of wellbeing and looking after the staff, the benefits are great and the salary is good.

In terms of opportunities these are few and far between, there are always opportunities promised that don't really come to fruition.
Good working envirnment
Consultant - Software Test Engineer Team (Former Employee) –  London,UK10 October 2018
Fast environment but great working condition
canteen facility
Great health benefit
Free lunch every Friday
Transportation cost provided for employee
Team lunch every 3 months
So far so good
Community Banker Moment Banking (Current Employee) –  Walthamstow9 October 2018
Looks like a good place to work.
It's been only 3 months in retail banking for me. So far I have found the people and culture very good.
Although I am not happy with the on job training at all because I was expecting much more support from the team and leadership.
Maybe things would be different in a different branch. But I have taken it as a challenge. No I wont complaint. Overall I'm happy with what I'm doing.
productive and fun
Essential Banker (Current Employee) –  honcho5 October 2018
a decent place to work at to start your career. benefits are good and work life balance is decent too. progression is available as long as you apply yourself
benefits
Efficient place to work
Cashier & Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lytham St. Annes5 October 2018
It was a pleasure dealing with the general public on a daily basis.My day was spent seated at the counter as a Cashier and it was a pleasure dealing with any queries that customers may have had.
Cons
Sitting all day did not suit me.
Okay place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow3 October 2018
Did some project work at Barclays. Okay place to work and looked like they develop their staff for those there on a permanent basis with various employee engagement activities.

People do seem overworked there though to the point where some responsibilities inevitably shift to the employee below the line manager as a result.

Also, being asked to work with one of the bosses sons on the project was strange as it did seem like he was given the job regardless of whether he was the best candidate or not. While thankful for the help this did stick out during my time there as a negative.
Great
Cisco telephony, Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf1 October 2018
Great place to work, was able to learn a lot there and made a lot of friends. they work hard there but play harder. best place of work I had I miss going to the office gym at lunchtime.
Different departments have different cultures
Head of Customer Engagement Fraud/Scam (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2018
It is a good employer however achieving a promotion is not easy. They are slow at implementing change. People with fresh new opinions not necessarily welcome everywhere in the organisation.
Productive and Interesting
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  London28 September 2018
I really enjoyed working at Barclays even though it was only for a 5-day period due school issues.
I learnt how a bank works and some of the different roles as i experienced it.
Each day i would try a different role such as: Cashier, Personal Banking, Co-coordinating and Premium Banking; I really enjoyed this job because it helped me get more into the real work world and understand how things work.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Lasted short
Call centre
retail banking advisor (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester27 September 2018
Call centre for retail banking (ie normal personal bank accounts). Incoming calls only. Customer service and loan applications, overdrafts. I found it a bit odd never seeing or being near the customers, having been more used to face to face direct interaction in a sales environment.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not face to face
People's place to work
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London27 September 2018
I have worked at Barclays for 3 years now and there is always support for career ambitions and flexible working opportunities. People are great and interact with one another to help everyone grow
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 September 2018
Very varied role working on the underwriting department, lovely people to work with and great benefits for eg Company pension.

Training leaves a lot to be desired and could be better organised.
Always looking forward
PBA Officer (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire24 September 2018
Although my time a Barclays was limited, the focus of the company was to value and respect the staff; in-turn this reflected positively to the customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Open, enterprising

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K