Barclays Employee Reviews

Found 1,594 reviews matching the search See all 4,092 reviews
Temporary worker
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough13 August 2018
Temporary worker so we do not get the same benefit as perms. Enjoyable work, very friendly, bust late shift can be brutal working hours to get used to.
Very good place to work
Security Processer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham13 August 2018
A very big company with amazing employees and some great training systems in place. I wouldn't want to leave but i am on a temporary contract. I have learned a lot about banking in general and feel i have improved professionally in myself
Pros
Great place to learn
Very productive, I was able to learn something new every day, each day was different.
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester11 August 2018
An amazing place to work as it is quite fast paced and so you can not get bored. Each day is different and so this makes it interesting. I would definately recommend. I had chosen this for work experience.
Barclays is a great place to work.
Regulatory Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 August 2018
Barclays day to day is a warm and friendly, yet high pressure environment. It has a positive and inclusive culture and has quite a number of intelligent and value adding employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay not as competitive as American banks.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 August 2018
Barclays is an enjoyable place to work and everyone is polite and kind. during my work experience i gained lots of skills and was briefly introduced to the majority of the roles within the bank. in the future i would like to pursue my career here.
Pros
meeting new people
Good and bad
Essential Banker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton8 August 2018
Not a good work life balance, long hours but good pay and room to progress and further training if you push for it. Very customer facing. Hard to book holidays and get them approved
manager needed training
Lending specialist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 August 2018
hours and pay great but direct line manager had no people skills and should have been trained. Was dealing with mortgage brokers giving out barclays mortgage policy for customers
One of the worst places I’ve worked
Private bank client services executive (Former Employee) –  Isle Of Man7 August 2018
There are a number of problems with the call centre.

Firstly, systems don’t work as they should. On a daily basis the systems breaks down or crashes which means we cannot do our jobs properly. This often leaves us having to deal with angry customers. We are left to use old computers, with missed matched computer screens.

Secondly, colleagues often try to make each other look bad so that they can look good to team leaders. For example, colleagues are willing to go as far as to lie and fabricate things.

Processes in place never work as they should
Opener job
Case Analyst (Current Employee) –  Poole7 August 2018
This job will help you go somewhere else with the experience you'll get in there, but not a place to stay for a long time, it's a great environment and it's fun to work on.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Educational and professional
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Week, UK5 August 2018
Working at Barclays was an amazing yet educational experience. I have worked along side many people with different job roles who each started in different ways. This helped me find different ways of getting into the company as an employee.
Fun and challenging environment
Moment Banker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire4 August 2018
Worked here for 5 years loved every minute and learnt a lot about everything would recommend to anyone I personally didn’t like the selling part of it but loved every other aspect
Challenging and high paced
OPERATIONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  London3 August 2018
Challenging and high paced... this will vary in intensity between various branches within our area. Colleagues will have to be completely customercentric and team focused as the evolution of retail banking progressively becomes digital/self service and branches and team numbers reduce as a direct result.
loved talking to people
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Knutsford2 August 2018
nice place to work in and loved meeting new people. the job wasent to hard to do I got the hang of it when they told me what to do. the family business was present to work for.
Fed up
Agent (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands30 July 2018
Soul draining corporate behemoth that talks a good game but cant get the basics right. Very top down.

The opportunities for advancement require not so much knowledge or experience, but preferential treatment.

Training and development is poor.

Good employee benefits.
Work experience at Barclay
Helping staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol30 July 2018
While I was working at Barclay, I did gain a lot of new knowledge that I didn't know before. The activities that I achieve at Barclays was providing customer service at front till, helping staff doing work at back till and helping staff loading the ATM.
poor management
Middle management IT (Current Employee) –  Knutsford28 July 2018
Poor management, short termism , never ending priority changing. Struggling to meet regulatory demands at same time as reinventing itself. Good young workforce let down by poor leadership
PBA Case Handler (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth25 July 2018
It is a good place to work. One of the best British banks. It helps you to gain important knowledge and skills needed in the financial sector. Also, it has a good culture.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 July 2018
I have and still enjoy working for Barclays. It's a huge company with plenty of different opportunities both within the UK and abroad. The company culture has changed a lot since the financial crash and continues to change for the better.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Unnecessary bureaucracy at times
work
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London23 July 2018
Im only an assistant and I Haven't finished working there. Since I started working there it has been fun and eventful. The only problem is you have to work from 9-5 which is quite long,
Good Employer
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset23 July 2018
Good Employer with some nice additional benefits. Good access to online training, decent pension. Promotion can be difficult at times, some processes are too inflexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K