Barclays

Barclays Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,311 reviews
Found 2,311 reviews matching the search
I enjoy working at Barclays as a Decision Maker
Unfortunately due to working as a Decision maker on PPI I am employed through agency and do not have the security of a permanent position due to the obvious factors.
Worst Company
Awful experience here working in the branches. Forced overtime daily sometimes hours with no pay, change your working location sometimes on the day and expenses are paid approx. 8 weeks later with such a low salary its unacceptable. Discriminated against at every point because of age or because I didn't have a family I was expected to stay on and was once refused a holiday in half term because I didn't have kids. I wouldn't wish working here upon anyone. Data breached my details when requesting a reference for a new job and there was never anything I could do about it because the company are appalling!
awful place
You are not valued and the company really needs to address fundamental flaws in its culture. I was glad to leave and wouldn’t ever consider going back there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Culture, employers attitude to employee welfare
Dont work here on Agency contract
Got employed by a agency to work for Barclays. They lied to me about the job role when i started they had me doing completely different duties to what i was originally told. Lots and lots of training to do if you dont pass it they get rid of you. Staff and management weren't very friendly and unkeen to welcome you and show you the ropes.
Pros
Good Money & Hours
Cons
Unfriendly staff and lots of responsibility
Awful
Very little opportunity to progress despite this being encouraged. Awful management across sites and little regard for staff well-being. Very low salary for expectation of responsibilities.
fast pace, productive and fun to work
Working at Barclays was fun and productive starting the day of with morning meets/team gatherings. Morning meets/team gatherings where management would tell us the new guidelines or new products that Barclays have to offer our clients and customers. Also getting ready for the morning rush. The hardest part of the job was when the cash machine would break down and you now have a que for the tills and having to work faster but also making sure you have the best possibility of having the personal contact with that customer.
positive work place
The best part about working for Barclays are the people you work with.
A typical day at Barclays can become busy very quickly or very quite. You never know what to expect.
Terrible management culture
This employer and I were simply not suited to each other. Individually everyone was lovely, but management switched personality when it came to anything to do with work.
Pros
Cons
Ten minute Breaks were timed eactly, No allowance made if eg you had to use the toilet for
Fun place to work
I enjoyed my time at Barclays. I liked the camaraderie between the staff, and made friends with whom I am in contact now I have moved back to Canada.
productive
it was productive and was really helpful because I done a lot of things which helped me. It was also very fun and the people I worked with were very good.
Maravillosa
Barclays era una compañía maravillosa para trabajar. Eran un gran empleador, muy estructurado, muy positivo, muy importante. Me destaqué aquí como asesor financiero y gerente de ventas y me encantaría volver.
Proactive, good worklife balance
Barclays is well ahead in planning for any situation such as work from home access. Salary, Pension and other benefits are excellent. Management are very supportive of the colleagues needs and new ideas are very welcomed.
A banking firm through and through
Management supporting and flexible in a challenging environment.
Very dependent on the team you are in and the managers you have. It is a strong banking culture where hours are long and work is challenging, Teams are great and work together to deliver.
Good but wasn't for me
Barclays is a good place to work but the department I was in was fast-paced and the job worked on a weekly rota so that one week you'd be working an early shift (8 am start with a Saturday shift) then the next would be a late shift (8 pm finish) so I struggled to get a good work-life balance
Good work life balance compare to rest of industry
Good work life balance
Good benefits

Management is hit and miss, I have worked under some excellent management and others who are clearly not suited to a management role
Productive and relaxed
Relaxed environment, good work and understanding management. Good dress code and minimal customer contact, very good environment for an admin based role
Would enjoy working for Barclays again.
I have so much to offer, whether in the European or African context.

ICT operations, Governance, Risk and Compliance, architecture and the implementation of strategic objectives.
Good
It would be quite intensive work environment because everyone around you are very intelligent and clever. However this is a definitely rewarding experience
Productive and fun work
Repetitive work but fulfilling. Wonderful employees and friendly atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was when everything was done and there was not work to do and assesments.
Nice place to work
A really nice environment, everyone always willing to help, continue training.
Good staff support, good accessibilities, nice restaurant and fairly priced.

I do recommend this place as they care about staff wellbeing at work as at home.

You will feel supported from your first day.
Very good
Great place to work, moving up in the company is hard if you don't wanna go the call centres though. The managers are very good and work with the staff not above them.