Play YouTube video button
Barclay Communications

Barclay Communications Employee Reviews

Featured review
Barclay Communications selected this as a representative review
#barclaycomms
Sales (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim11 December 2019
I have worked with Barclay Communications for years and I count myself lucky to be a part of the company and to work with some fantastic and talented people.

The business has challenged me to grow, supported my development and rewarded my success with recognition, incentives, strong earning potential and career progression.

Great business, great managers, great director and great owner!

#barclaycomms
#barclaydigitalservices
#workpal
Pros
mobile phone discounts, incentives, strong bonus structure, good salary level, challenging work
Service (Current Employee) –  Belfast19 December 2019
A great company to work for with fantastic leadership throughout. It has offered me fantastic opportunities to develop and progress. Trusting culture where loyalty is rewarded. Great day to day environment. Couldn’t recommend enough.
Terrible
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow14 December 2019
Without a doubt, the worst company I have ever worked for. Shocking. An organisation stuck in the dark ages. The people in management in the Belfast office are just awful- bad caricatures of the worst bosses you can imagine. No trust in their staff whatsoever. A horrible, horrible culture of fear and loathing.
Fast-paced with plenty of incentives
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim11 December 2019
A good working environment with lots of incentives for sales staff. Fast-paced environment working with great colleagues.
Opportunity to develop your career and work with experienced mentors.
great place to work and progress
Telesales (Current Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire11 December 2019
Barclay communications is a great place to work, Everyone is like family. There is lots of opportunities to excel and progress further in a career. The target driven environment is fantastic with targets which are most definitely achievable. Commission structure is also great with no caps so we are able to make as much money as we desire.
Hard work pays off
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Belfast11 December 2019
Great company with fair expectations, very supportive, good salary and hard work ethic. Good holidays and 9-5 with no additional work outside of those hours. Cold calls, followed by meetings, nice mixture of internal and external field sales. High learning curve, closing big deals, takes trust on both sides, sales experience is a must.
great workplace environment
Data Input (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim28 November 2019
loved every day working here. environment was great and staff are amazing! lovely hours and great pay, barclay communcations is a great company to work for
Barclay Communications
Business Support Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim19 October 2019
Barclays is a great place to work for with plenty of progression in the company that's why they are looking a new receptionist. I have been here 10 years and it's a great place to work, I've made great friends and the support I have from all is amazing. There are many departments available to learn from and many opportunities. I wouldn't be here 10 years if I didn't enjoy my job, I'm part of the Barclay family and it's good to know that when you need help there is someone always on hand regardless of what team they are in.
cold calling from my own database
Sales (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim31 July 2017
building leads and working of my own database to attract new business and increase prospects of bringing in new customers. The better the database I build the more genuine leads I created for future customer growth for the business and better bonuses.
Sometimes I could be let down as not all customers can commit to appointment if more important meetings come up around date/time of booking, This could mean a wasted journey for the field account managers.
We always rang 48 hours before the appointment date to confirm it. The most difficult part was getting to speak to the Telecoms/system manager who looks after it. The secretaries could be rude at times but it made the challenge even better and helped learning to overturn objections etc.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
failed customer appointments at times
What I Learned
Sales (Current Employee) –  Belfast6 December 2015
Great place to work and give opportunities to those who achieve targets. Unfortunate that no one ever moves so moving up the ladder can be slow.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No real career path

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclay Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4