Bannatyne Employee Reviews

Rewarding and great place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol18 May 2019
We have a great team which makes it a fun place to work.
The job can be challenging however we all pull together and help each other when needed. It's also very rewarding especially when a member or guest lets you know they've had a fantastic massage in the Spa or a member has achieved one of their goals. We have a great rapport with our members and it is very satisfying when you can make a difference to their day.
Pros
staff discounts and free use of the facilities
Cons
no real cons - some days are more challenging than others, for example unexpected operational issues
Great environment to work in with friendly work colleagues
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria16 May 2019
Administrative daily tasks include working with a Payroll System, a new Purchasing and Stock System, Memberships, confidential HR related work for New Employees and Leavers, Banking and reconciling daily takings, Phone calls, Petty Cash.
It's a most enjoyable position, always busy, which I like to be!
Pros
Career progression and training within the company, Free Health Club Membership, Joined the Pension Scheme.
Cons
Fantastic internal support network and room for progression
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands16 May 2019
Bannatynes have assisted me in growing my skills and knowledge of the industry further than any other company I have worked for previously. I feel there is room for progression and training within my job role and Bannatyne have supported me with this.
Pros
training and progression
Good environment to work in, members are great.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire16 May 2019
Love working for the members here, nice chilled place to be. Staff willing be there for the members makes for a great vibe. I have had opportunities to progress in my career here and seen many staff progress. Benefits have developed massively in my time, from family discounts to extra holidays and internal discounts. Seeing these things come in shows the company are trying to do what is right for the staff.
Pros
Good Vibe and positive place to work.
Cons
workload, but it is work.
Excellent Company and Benefits
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire14 May 2019
I have worked for company for 15 years now progressing from Fitness Advisor through to General Manager.

The company has a very good policy of 'generating it's own stars' and will give training and opportunities to those who wish to progress

The benefits Bannatyne's have put in to place recently have been a great bonus to all staff.
Pros
Great career opportunities and benefits
Cons
Shift patterns but this is standard in the Leisure Industry
Enjoy working here part time.
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire12 May 2019
I work part time at Bannatyne Burton.

I enjoy the flexibility of my shifts as I have a full time job and work here a few shifts per month.

I love working with my colleagues they are great bunch. I use the gym quite often as we get free gym membership which is a great bonus.

All in all I enjoy working here.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Would like better pay.
Good Place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire12 May 2019
Love the people I work with they make my work days enjoyable.

Great that we get free gym membership.

The only qualm is the pay which is low for the work expected of staff.
Pros
Free Gym Membership, Lovely Team
Cons
Pay is too low.
Lovely place to work
Spa Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire10 May 2019
I currently work in the spa at Bannatyne Burton.

We are lucky here as all the team get on really well as we do with the rest of the club also which is a bonus.

The training and development is great especially for the courses we get to go on to improve our skills and learn new treatments and learn about new products.
Pros
Loyal Team, Nice working environment
Cons
Wage could be higher.
Great People, Great atmosphere
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire10 May 2019
I am a current employee at Bannatyne Burton on Trent.

The staff I work with are amazing and make work a great place to be.

Shift times are well suited to me.

The salary isn't the highest but further training to improve your skills and work your way up to higher paid positions is steadily available.
Pros
Team Members, Staff Discount on Cafe Bar, Ongoing Training
Cons
Salary could be higher
Worst Job I ever had
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex9 May 2019
I would tell anyone to think twice about working for this company, lots of dodgy things that management do and staff are incestuous, the good employees are trodden over and such a gossip fuelled environment. This company works in a Blame game culture!! No team support or morale.
Pros
None, skanky eating area
Cons
Scary people
spa review
Spa Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands9 May 2019
Free training is a good benefit and wage is fair. Uniform included at no extra cost. Spa team is easy to get along with and friendly. Management and colleagues are always very supportive. Nothing is too much trouble for management and always happy to be at work. Even on bad days. :)
Pros
Free membership, free training and staff discount
Cons
Long hours, pay could be better.
Friendly team and great benefits
Spa Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands8 May 2019
I'm fairly new Bannatyne and I feel completely welcomed into the team. They have already put me on training courses keeping me up to date with the services we provide. There are many benefits that come from working here such as a free gym membership with unlimited access to classes, discounted products and flexible rotas for certain lifestyles. As long as you are willing to work hard Banntyne is a brilliant company to work for.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and free gym membership
Spa
Spa Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands8 May 2019
staff discounts
all staff are friendly
free training
discounted memberships for friends and family
very supportive
free membership for staff members
Pros
training/progression
Cons
pay/ hours
Very varied role and get to be involved with many different aspects of the business
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk8 May 2019
Over 6 years working for Bannatyne and progressed from Membership Advisor to General Manager. Show casing good opportunities to progress. Been supported in whole throughout the journey by the company.

Hard work is expected but there is also time to play learning and development the product to tweak it meet customer expectations.

Robust support from Senior Management and HO support to ensure you are looked after in the workplace.
Pros
Great opportunities for progression and development. Decent Benefit options. Varied Role
Cons
No job is ever complete and requires a lot of adaptions
Productive and enjoyable
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland8 May 2019
I have been with Bannatyne for 11 years this year and I have loved every moment. Started off part-time while at University then full-time, then promoted to Senior Fitness Advisor and finally Fitness Manager. I am now on a course which will train me towards becoming a general manager.

Within the club I work at the team are all friendly and always willing to help each other out. Management are chilled and trust us to get on with our job without standing over us all the time.

The most enjoyable thing about the job for myself is I get to do what I love every single day (and get paid for it!!!). The job is highly rewarding even though pay isn't the best but not the worst either (still here 10 years later)
Pros
Great Progression
Cons
Pay it's the best but still love the job
"Bannatyne Family"
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham6 May 2019
I have been working at Bannatyne Group full-time for more than 6 years.

I have learned that business is a quick moving beast but that it brings with it a lot of positives and with the new management in place, you do feel like they listen and that you can and do make a difference to the company.

Working for The Bannatyne Group is certainly an experience but an amazing one at that. The company has a strong ethos and the pride that people have in their jobs, is unbelievable. The hours can be long but the sense of worth outweighs that. You can make a difference to so many lives by becoming a part of this family.

Keep aiming higher!
Pros
Strong team/family ethos, free gym membership, discount on different companies, huge discount on food in the cafe bar, discount on spa treatments/products
Cons
Long hours.
Forward thinking, innovative and pro-active in its approach to improving the retention of its team at every level
Management (Current Employee) –  Nationwide6 May 2019
Bannatyne seeks to challenge every team member at every level to deliver a first class customer experience to both guests and members. The focus on the customer experience both from a product and people/staff perspective is a real focus throughout every level of the organisation. A typical day can consist of strategic thinking and carving out new initiatives for innovations to dealing with every finite detail with staff welfare - the list can be endless and prioritising really needs to come into play when there is such a vast amount of items which require time and effort.
The culture is more person centred than it's ever been and that really is testimony to the resource allocated to Investors in People and the Learning and Development team. Opportunities are more widespread and the Company actively promotes from within to recognise people who have worked hard and displayed loyalty and good values along the way.
Pros
Culture, Innovation, forward thinking management team
Cons
Great company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham6 May 2019
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bannatyne and have seen lots of great developements within the Company. Gym floors have been refurblished with brand new Technogym equipment, internal progression is available on demand and the Company has been awarded Investor in People Best Newcomer 2018. Keep up the good work Bannatyne!
Pros
Internal progression
Lots of opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough6 May 2019
I started as a sales and marketing manager and in under a year I had progressed to General Manager. I had no previous experience of the leisure industry, but I came with adaptable skills which were then honed. Bannatyne have an ethos of promoting from within, great for hungry professionals. There are many opportunities to learn, from pool plant operations courses, first aid courses, fitness diplomas and ILM management courses. The team I work within are exceptional and make every day fun and interesting. The job has perks such as free health club memberships- allowing use of over 70 clubs nationwide, discounted memberships for friends and family and discount on food and drink. Bannatyne is a brand which you can be proud to work for. Offering great facilities delivered by great people.
Pros
opportunity to advance, great workplace culture
Cons
Outdated software, Maternity/ Paternity/ Sick pay
Great place to work with great staff, friendly environment.
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Skelmersdale, Lancashire5 May 2019
Probably one of the best places I've worked, friendly environment, great staff members, plus all the help and support needed when I first started, fully recommend working for the company,
Pros
Free membership, plus employee discounts
Cons
Non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bannatyne. Our community is ready to answer.