Bannatyne
Bannatyne Employee Review

Sales driven

23 May 2020
It is a friendly work environment to which I feel secure, however work is so sales driven it is difficult to stay motivated because of the monotonous nature of the job role.
9 February 2020
I have worked here for just short of 3 years and it is genuinely the worst place I have ever worked. Staff on the ground (none managerial) are over worked, under paid, undervalued, talked down to, talked about, unable to take proper breaks, expected to work overtime with no pay and there has been known bullying and harassment taking place that higher management and HR have been brushing under the carpet for years. It is an extremely hostile and unpleasant working environment, apart from a select few members of staff that make your shifts half bearable when you’re working with them. Insufficient training is provided, in the way of taking spa bookings and dealing with spa enquiries and working across other departments that aren’t in your job description (however this isn’t mentioned in the interview process). The high turn over of staff is also unreal, in my short time here I would say I have seen 30+ staff come and go, but management and HR can’t seem to understand why/don’t want to see there is a genuine issue. Some of the management have worked here for 10+ years and have now become part of the furniture and find it near impossible to lead by example and do the job they’re employed to do. The poor management means that staff have lack of respect and are able to do virtually what ever they want (but only if their face fits). Management have been known to sit in offices getting their hair and makeup done for hours at a time, being fake tanned in the changing rooms, go and do a session in the gym or go from office to office talking and slagging off staff and all of this is whilst - more...
15 July 2019
Worked at Bury St edmunds and was bullied by my line manager and the general manager was too weak to deal with it so instead told me I might as well resign as things will never change.. He was right, they won't while he and the sales manager is still in place! At 5 and a half months service I was the longest lasting sales advisor, tells you something doesn't it! I did go to Norwich for a day's training and found that site to be lovely and the then sales manager was too, I would have happily worked for her. She was disgusted at my treatment at Bury and said I was being bullied. Unfortunately the area manager doesn't seem to have much about him either as was also happy to try and sweep it under the carpet so had to get HR involved in the end. Even when I worked 12 days straight to cover for the sales manager and was promised £100 in vouchers as a thank you I had to go through HR to get them, and then only received £30. The general manager is only out for himself so no care given to the staff, club receptionists have so much of the sales work put on them so the sales manager does very little, yet receptionist get minimum wage and were going home in tears by time I quit....
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Poor management on every level, bullying, no chance to progress
10 March 2019
Same location
Spa Manager (Current Employee) - Humberston
In the club everyone tries to work together and help eachother out within the different departments.
In addition there is support and help throughout the bannatyne group.

The spa is a great environment for part time and full time therapists with all having different ranges of experiences and ages.
Pros
Great benefts, training, bonuses, free gym membership much more
Cons
Not enough admin time so end up working longer in own time to get it all done.
Official response from Bannatyne
11 March 2019
Thank you for the great feedback! It's always good to hear colleagues positive experiences of working at Bannatyne and we appreciate the time you've taken to leave this review.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bannatyne. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7