Bannatyne

Bannatyne Employee Reviews in Rotherham

Rotherham5 reviews
I have worked at Bannatynes for the last 7 years. Within this 7 years I have been on many courses and have progressed to a Regional Role. It is a great place to work as there is always a great atmosphere and a buzz in the club where I am based. There are a few things I would change (sick pay for genuine sickness and the salaries could be a little higher.

I would recommend it for a place of work as there are opportunities if you want to work at progression.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance
Cons
Sick Pay / Higher Pay
Do not work there! Unless you want to be rinsed. They take all of your money for Pt and leave you with £3. Very stressful and not fun at all. Takes all the fun out of being a personal Trainer.. ask you to do far more than is required as a Pt.
They don't care about you at all
You are used and abused

Managers have it easy while staff are run into ground

Always low mood and low confidence in all the staff

You do very late and very early shifts and weekends and Bank Holidays all for minimum wage

Your expected to teach classes and do lots of personal training every day for minimum wage aswell.

Always putting pressure on you and guilting you and make you feel depressed at work it's horrible

They don't even care about the people that come to the gym they just want their money. So greedy.
Pros
New machines in gym
Cons
Everything else
Great atmosphere within the gym set up. But all the management are a utter joke. I was a fitness advisor/personal trainer and all the fitness manager was bothered about was us scrubbing and cleaning the gym because she as OCD. Spent more time cleaning than I did training. They also take 50% commission off you and put you under pressure to go and fine more clients or else
Staff are not appreciated and loyalty is not rewarded. You are very much a number at Bannatyne. There is no career advancement or training for non fitness staff. Management are there to satisfy the needs of Head office. If you have any issues they will not back you up.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Good as a starting point for a new career in the fitness industry.