Bannatyne

Bannatyne Employee Reviews

United Kingdom270 reviews
Sales driven
It is a friendly work environment to which I feel secure, however work is so sales driven it is difficult to stay motivated because of the monotonous nature of the job role.
High energy staff, productive work place
Enjoyable place to work. Friendly staff throughout. They will make you feel welcome from the moment you start working there. Positive management that are supportive.
Bannatyne gym
I currently work at Bannatyne I'm very busy unfortunately the virus has took its toll on my industry, i need temp work to keep me sane sitting around is not for me
It was only ever temporary
I feel that working in the cafe/bar is not a career move for anyone and there is no option to progress. The majority of the staff team are lovely to work with and I enjoyed the daily chats with all of the members.
Poor management + no incentives
Poorly Run clubs with bad managers that have no time for you and all seem to suffer with personality disorders, does this come with the job? I don't know. Also If you'd like to be worked with little in return then this job is definitely for you!
There is certainly no incentives for staff such as bring a friend in or family member, company is just money orientated and greedy. As a fitness trainer all you seem to do is Clean (may as well apply to be a cleaner, they are on same wage as you) and perform pool tests all shift oh and tidy weights away every 5 minutes from

ungrateful members. Personal training? Forget it, not worth it! If you want a fitness job think twice applying here, there's better fitness jobs out there.
Terrible. Worst place I have ever worked
Terrible place to work. 6 + hours of repetitive massage all day. The bannatyne group do not care about any staff and only care about money as does the management. There is no comparison towards staff and you are made to feel fo bad if you have been ill. Way to many clients booked in.One 30 min break all day. You are expected to arrive at least 15 minutes early for your shift which is unpaid. Lazy management who will do anything to avoid doing treatments even if it means putting more massage in your column. injuries are common.
Min wage job
I don’t rate this place.

As a fitness advisor, you will be paid min wage. If you want to do personal training (on an employee basis, not freelance) they will take 50% so after tax you will be left with about £13-14 for an hour of PT. If you do it on shift you get 10%, so it’s not worth doing PT here at all.

All other hours are at min wage. So with all ya qualifications which have cost you a lot of money, it will take you a long time to make it back here. If you want to work for that amount, you are better getting a job as a cleaner for a cleaning company you will get more money.

That’s my spin on it. Hope it helps.
Pros
Attractive women who works on reception.
Cons
Everything other than the above...
dont work there
the company doesn't give proper training, health and safety issues are ignored , working laws are not followed , management are unprofessional, hours are long , no sick pay even after 3 years service , even higher up in the company are not to be trusted to follow procedure and the staff are worked with a bare minimum work force doing job roles of more than 2 people, it's a nightmare there !!!!
Terrible work place
Most stressful unorganised place i ever worked. Management arent professionable. The place breaks all confidentiality rules and give you no support. Not recommended
Solihull branch
Most of the therapist are young and immature, they like to pick and choose who they speak to made me feel not welcome, could just tell they are the type to be speaking about you behind closed doors and they all hated the manger and the manger was very heartless to my situation
Terrible place and shocking management
So glad I escaped. Would not recommend this place to anyone unfortunately.
Management skills are shocking and half of therapists don’t have a clue! And to think my situation was never settled/investigated correctly is a absolute joke.

I shall watch this spa fall apart as the best therapists get fed up of it aland walk away
Hard but good place to work loads of new people from different backgrounds good place to start working learning how to deal with hard situations. left alone quite often but learned a lot as well.
fantastic company to work for.
I worked here through agency to cover sickness and i can honestly say, what a fab bunch of girls they are. Hard working, dedicated, fun, professional. A great manager of beauty dept, well lead by her whom is approachable, appreciates staff, treats everyone fairly, fun person, hard worker. A modern busy salon. Reception staff great! Recommend work there or a pamper. 5*
Very difficult place to work
To say that this job leaves you feeling undervalued, over-worked is an understatement.

The fact that on a day to day basis you could be; giving gym inductions, producing exercise plans based on said inductions, creating and taking multiple exercise classes while taking into consideration that some members may be injured (probably due to the abysmally clueless exercise programming in some of the standardized workouts which is a whole other story) leaving you to come up with modified exercises on the spot in the short space of time that you have to take the class.

Not to mention the constant upkeep of the gym floor. Don't get me wrong, I am aware that any basic fitness instructor/PT has to do their fair share of upkeep. However, it gets a bit much when that means; hoovering, mopping, rubbing down equipment/skirtings/treadmills, organizing equipment, taking pool tests (which is a tedious process in itself) multiple times a day in a room that literally isn't safe for people to be in due to leakages and chlorine exposure, etc.

All of the above for a minimum wage. Not to mention the management is very cliquey. The customers will mention the horribly worn-out (mats with holes, damaged rope, etc) equipment which you mention to said management. They will then tell you it will be fixed but it never will as it gets in the way of their end of year bonuses.

This review will come as very attacking, however, I want to objectively inform potential employees that are full of optimism as I was at the start. Just stay away and find something else. It's literally the worst. Don't get
 - more...
Many issues about selling 'non' fitness products that would not aid fitness goals.
The sad thing is that if a new girl/guy came in for a job/PT with one of our guy's/girls' experience I'd literally turn them away. For gym members the gym is great. But they still seem to be unhappy with a £1 a day service. So there is culturally something wrong. If this was a restaurant it would be out of business. Despite offering swim, sauna, steam, spa, 100 classes, unlimited 'virtual' classes.
Pros
Minimim wage even though people have a Degree
Cons
No comment
Amazing company to work for
Worked at Bannatyne Head Office for 4 years and only left because I had to move away. Management always have your back even Mr Bannatyne himself. Would return in a heartbeat if I could. Worked with the best group of people I’ve ever met.
Wouldn’t recommend working here even if you’re desperate!
I have worked here for just short of 3 years and it is genuinely the worst place I have ever worked. Staff on the ground (none managerial) are over worked, under paid, undervalued, talked down to, talked about, unable to take proper breaks, expected to work overtime with no pay and there has been known bullying and harassment taking place that higher management and HR have been brushing under the carpet for years. It is an extremely hostile and unpleasant working environment, apart from a select few members of staff that make your shifts half bearable when you’re working with them. Insufficient training is provided, in the way of taking spa bookings and dealing with spa enquiries and working across other departments that aren’t in your job description (however this isn’t mentioned in the interview process). The high turn over of staff is also unreal, in my short time here I would say I have seen 30+ staff come and go, but management and HR can’t seem to understand why/don’t want to see there is a genuine issue. Some of the management have worked here for 10+ years and have now become part of the furniture and find it near impossible to lead by example and do the job they’re employed to do. The poor management means that staff have lack of respect and are able to do virtually what ever they want (but only if their face fits). Management have been known to sit in offices getting their hair and makeup done for hours at a time, being fake tanned in the changing rooms, go and do a session in the gym or go from office to office talking and slagging off staff and all of this is whilst - more...
na
terrible, one of the worst companies i have ever worked for.

management is shocking.

never get a weekend off.

worked to the ground.

20 min lunch if that.
Terrible
Do not work there! Unless you want to be rinsed. They take all of your money for Pt and leave you with £3. Very stressful and not fun at all. Takes all the fun out of being a personal Trainer.. ask you to do far more than is required as a Pt.
Avoid, unless desperate.
Working in a large team you would think the working hours would be spread out, unlikely. Bad shift times, management is poor, stop trying to be a friend and just be a manager and they might get on better. Wages are rubbish for the hard work that is put in. Honestly, noone ever wants to work here they just do because you will get a job here, they are so desperate to make it look like the employees are happy here, but honestly, they have such a high turn over of staff I think that speaks for itself. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Commison
Cons
Fun workplace with lots of development oppurtinities
The club is really good and the management team is really supportive. A typical day is really fun as you have to deal with a lot of people that they appreciate what you are doing for them.