Bannatyne's Health Clubs Employee Reviews

Brilliant company to work for
Call Centre Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head Office, Darlington27 April 2018
I have worked for Bannatyne for just over 2 years and have had a great time. I originally went for this position as a stop gap and actually ended up enjoying it so much I stayed, and even applied for higher positions.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, supervisors and management are a great support and they really do help you to get the best work/home balance.

I left due to ill health, but if this ever changed in the future, I would have no hesitation but to reapply.
Pros
Great staff benefits, support and training, friendly staff and environment.
Cons
Shifts can be up to 8pm, and weekend work, which doesn't suit some people, however never an issue for me.
not worth it
worker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire30 March 2018
the work load would be busy for 3 people but most of the time you are expected to do it on your own with little or no help the managment team is so small they are hardly there to help and some only help if the GM is there to see it otherwise the hide in the office on there phones
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
work load
Great work atmosphere with career progression opportunities.
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands19 March 2018
I joined Bannatyne’s Sutton Coldfield in November 2017, I have enjoyed my time so far and felt supported in my training and progression.

My interview process was pleasant and the managers were always informative throughout the process. They kept good communication from the day of my interview to the date of my offer to the day I started.

When I started, I was fully supported in my training with my manager. I was placed on shifts with my manager until I felt comfortable to work independently. Even when I began doing shifts without my manager, my other colleagues were always happy to help if I ever needed some support and were always on hand to offer tips and advice.

A new position opened up in the company which I was interested in potentially moving to. I was fortunate to secure the position and have been supported by all the duty managers, my general manager and even the regional manager in making sure I was set up and ready to go.

Overall, the company has a pleasant work atmosphere where no two days are the same. They have helped me by operating a flexible and fair rota to work around my lifestyle and I have always felt supported in training or any HR issues.
Pros
Great staff, career progression, flexible working hours
My Job
Spa Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk21 February 2018
Bannatynes is a great place to work because you're well looked after by management, you can have a brilliant home/work life and you get a nice variety of treatments during the day.
Staff not appreciated!
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire20 February 2018
You give so much to fulfil your role at Bannatyne but get no gratitude, no appreciation for your loyalty or your efforts. Fitness staff are paid the same as the cleaners (no disrespect) but considering how much fitness instructors have paid for their qualifications, its ridiculous! Management is a joke, it is always under staffed because people just can't take the stress and being treated like rubbish. If your team is great then it makes it bearable. All in all, staff are undervalued and there is no real incentive for staff to remain loyal to the Bannatyne brand, it feels like all are disposable and easily replaced.
Bannatyne need to look after staff, and even the members get no loyalty reward. I could go on...!
Pros
Free gym usage
Cons
Staff unappreciated and under valued
Nice building , no soul in it !
Cafe Bar Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chafford Hundred, Essex6 February 2018
Huge company .
Can do much better for customers and staff , but the management doesn't care at all - pushing the good part of the team out.
Big change needs to be done !
Pros
zero
Cons
Too much responsibility, not payed enough
Fun work place, very hectic at times
Receptionist duties (Former Employee) –  Grays, Essex, UK14 January 2018
The company were good. There were many tasks to perform. which was chaotic at times other staff unhelpful, but encouraged with health and weight and fitness by the experts, used the facilities, which were very good.
I found it difficult multitasking at times and only stayed two and a half months.
Pros
Use of the facilities
Cons
The staff unreliable colleagues off sick too much
Friendly staff but very unfrindly GM
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Banbury7 January 2018
The job as Membership advisor is fun as you are able to meet and talk to new people but the management let down the club as they don't recognise good staff or the work that they do, because of this they lose alot of their team and are always short staffed.
Pros
free gym membership.
Cons
Not recognised for good work.
avoid avoid avoid!!!!
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Sussex28 December 2017
understaffed, massive staff turnover because they treat staff like dirt, h and s a joke, lazy department managers, rotas done a week in advance so don't plan a life, worst company ive ever worked for in my 47 year worklife! couldn't pay me enough to work there again!!!!!
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
too many to list!
Fun team
Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire2 December 2017
It is a very busy fast pace environment, the treatments and products are very good to work with as well as the training that is provided. Having a good working team with friends is a real bonus to the workplace.
fun place to work
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worksop30 November 2017
very busy
Every one tying to hit targets
Really enjoyable place to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Early finishes for hitting targets was a great perk to the job
Very poor management
Cafe Bar Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire15 November 2017
No coordination between managers
I wanted a job for a considerable time scale and lasted 5 months. First month I wasn’t paid. Second month had to put in a formal grievance. In the 5 months I was there, there were 4 grievances and a shocking staff turn over.
Staff are over worked and not looked after. Manager never learns from his mistakes. Everything goes round in circles
Pros
You stop caring about your job fast and don’t feel bad about it
Cons
No breaks. Low wage. Asked to work 7 days a week bcos they don’t hire enough staff
second home
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire11 November 2017
This company was good to work for, regional (NE) highliting CM as my regional manager,,,,,, what a guy,,,,,,amazing , who seriously needs promoting.
Job was hard work but rewarded with satisfaction.
I learned about COSHH and many more.
Exciting new foods available from re-furbished restaurant at staff prices.
Pros
free gym
Cons
early mornings
Terrible
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire7 November 2017
I worked here and it was nothing short of awful. You would put a lot of work in and get nothing back in return. No thanks, no pay rise, absolutely nothing. No chance of progression and the days are very long on poor pay.

Management only look out for themselves allocating the best shifts to them and you would often get talked down on the job by the fitness manager and the general manager.

I would not reccommend working here at all.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Poor pay, bad management
awful
luton (Former Employee) –  domestic23 October 2017
Do not apply luton place awful low pay disorganised very clicky and management are joke amaterish avoid like plague get no thanks slave labour no incentives treated total disregard has high turover staff sums that up
Pros
awful
Cons
lousy set up
Worst mistake of my life
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk12 October 2017
Management or abusive and neglectful health and safety is completely ridiculous you only get half an hour breaks and you never have a social life and Behind-the-scenes is Awful
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Leaving at home time
productive and fun working with them
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 September 2017
Nice place to work staff and members are very friendly . you always rely on the manager to resolve any misunderstanding between stuff. I enjoyed my time working with them.
Fun with correct colleagues
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff20 September 2017
From my experience bannatynes do not care about their colleagues, they care about sales and that's about it. I got seriously ill whilst in bannatynes and they didn't care about my wellbeing. Would not recommend.
Great Club to work for
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire5 September 2017
Excellent, loved working there, yes the weekend work is frequent but when would i book for a spa day? Its to be expected. Lots of massage but a good crack and the management is fair to everyone.

Only left due to relocation
Pros
Gym membership and good manager
Cons
weekend work but expected
Folkestone
receptionist/cafebar (Former Employee) –  folkestone31 August 2017
I feel this company does not reward you for the hard work you put into the work place, no benefits for staff for overtime, working bank holidays and reaching targets etc.

The only thing enjoyable was my colleges and the majority of the members.

I did improve my front of house skills whilst working on reception which has improved my ideal job role.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
unsociable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bannatyne's Health Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.