Banks Musicroom Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
A fun and interesting place to work.
product specialist (Current Employee) –  York21 May 2012
A typical start to the day would be attending the staff meeting before making sure the shop floor is ready for the day's trading. In addition to serving customers, merchandising and recovery, work can involve researching a new product/ instrument before it comes into stock, or trying to trace a piece of music for a customer. I have found that the customer base is different to that of my previous positions, and that customers require more input from staff before making a purchase. Everyone on the shop floor is a musician, which provides a great opportunity to learn from others' experiences.
The management team are efficient, approachable and helpful, however not everyone in management has a musical background.
The hardest part of the job is making sure that you prioritise your daily tasks. Even though there may be administrative tasks to do, you must also remain customer focussed and be ready to help people.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have the opportunity to work with the instruments and combine work with something which I enjoy.
Pros
encouraged to make sure breaks are taken
Cons
long commute, not everyone is musical