Bank of England Employee Reviews

Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Moorgate13 September 2019
It was well organised and for the work experience. There were many different sections to the department I worked in, however each section had their own duties which helped us complete our work smoothly.
Awful Place, Awful People
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2019
An elitist and archaic establishment, bloated with inept and failed finance people with over inflated egos and zero talent. Staggeringly arrogant management have such a high regard for themselves they neither understand nor care what happens in the wider financial industry. They are more focused on swerving responsibility and counting down the clock until they get their pensions. The building should be put to better use.
Great place to work - wish I could have stayed here longer
Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 September 2019
Spent two times as a temp here, only for limited roles. I highly enjoyed the time when I was there and I learnt a lot - they had e-learning courses I could do.

Also, it is very easy to get lost in the main building...
Fun and Engaging
TECHNOLOGY INTERN (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 July 2019
Very involved in tech life and great team from which i could learn a lot
Exciting
Commercial Office Cleaner (Current Employee) –  London2 July 2019
I feel very proud working there.
The whole workers are very happy and helpful,
They are always ready to help people.
Your job is always secure, the managers are very nice and friendly.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Extra hours
Tough experiences for some minorities
Business Designer (Former Employee) –  London25 June 2019
It is a place where people are proud to be able to work for such an institution. This pride can also bring a type of culture where people are looked down on.

A manager is always right in there. A manager can decide to spin any story to paint you in a bad light. Why not? Its the manager's word against yours.

If you are a person of color, you will need to understand your place and stay there in other to be able to continue receiving your paycheck.
N/a
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2019
It was my second job from leaving school. It gave me some good experience that helped me gain further roles in the future. Had a positive experience. Largely clerical duties
Largely a nice place to work
Senior manager (Current Employee) –  City of London, Greater London28 April 2019
On the whole a nice place to work however as exposure to senior staff increases the political games and practice of protect number one becomes evident
Pros
Good work life balance and good onsite facilities (gym/doctor/nurse/information centre/canteen)
Cons
Slow to change, a culture of blame has still not left the building
Great
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 April 2019
It was a good work experience I enjoyed it I had a lot of fun and learnt a lot of new things they made me feel welcome and kept my involved in all activities.
Pros
Nice lunches
Good place to leverage your career
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 January 2019
Very good work/life balance
Alot of beuracracy which could be ironed out by better ommunication between layers of staff. Require more elements of openness and transparency. Between management and job holders.
Good Employer
Contractor (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2019
The challenge comes with advancement in the company. The organization does not adhere to their own promotion standards and advancements are always very subjective.
Only a work experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bank Station12 October 2018
Please bare in mind it was just a one week work experience and it was so long ago i barely remmeber how it was. From what i can remember it was a great location, the people were warm and the work seemed easy. what do i know considering it was only a work experience role.
Bank of England
Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2018
Pros
Cons
being stuck in a role you have accepted for can be very difficult before you can change role........
Bank of England
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 September 2018
Great Place and great mix of people.

Like hogwarts for grownups. Opportunities for advancement and very dynamic projects which provide plenty of valuable experience.

Departments very different and very much a place of sub-cultures
Good work environment
Banker (Former Employee) –  London4 June 2018
The work day was fast paced and had me on my toes. It was interesting and every day was different. I enjoyed the lifestyle and community that was created from being located there.
Pros
New friends
Cons
Long travel
A great start
Senior Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  London29 May 2018
A fabulous beginning to a career in financial markets. It'll never make you rich but will provide a stimulating and secure career path. Lots of social and sports opportunities too, with a sports club at Roehampton and even a Bank yacht back then.
Pros
Free shoe polish
Cons
Public sector pay
Good working environment
System Controller (Current Employee) –  England14 May 2018
There is a good working environment at the Bank of England.
There are a number of benefits including flexible working and 38 days leave (conditionally).
Overall, great company to work for
Pros
Flexi Working
Cons
Early Morning working
Lively working environment
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
For a first job to be in such a big organisation, it was fast-paced with lots of work to do.
The managers I worked with in both departments, even though it was a long time ago, were very friendly and approachable.
Like being part of a family
PA to the Head of Department & Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  England15 February 2018
Have moved around within the Bank so I've experienced many different management styles. Some departments are more organised and disciplined than others, but overall there are certain guidelines, which are carefully followed (for specific roles). Unfortunately you can be limited to those tasks.

Not much scope for rapid growth. Comfortable to work here.

People are very friendly and inclusive. I couldn't go permanent though, the pay is not great, however, the benefits are great! So in summary, if you want to settle down and become furniture you should apply for a permanent position.
Disclaimer: This is my experience and its within the field of office support roles (Admin/PA)
Pros
Great benifits for permanent staff; heavily subsidised perks, flexi working oportunities, family oriented, kind and friendly overall
Cons
Salaries are not so great, stuck in a role you have accepted for 2 years before you can apply internally for another role
Excellent place to work
Bought Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  London15 February 2018
Would have still been here if i hadnt been made redundant, vast variety daily, loads of great people and a beautiful building to work in. I actually worked for the banks in house catering service, and when the bank tendered the contract out, we lost and granada took over so we all lost our jobs as granada only took on 26 people out of the 300+ that worked for B.E services.
Pros
Free uniform, free lunch, subsidised travel