Bank of England Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Bought Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  London15 February 2018
Would have still been here if i hadnt been made redundant, vast variety daily, loads of great people and a beautiful building to work in. I actually worked for the banks in house catering service, and when the bank tendered the contract out, we lost and granada took over so we all lost our jobs as granada only took on 26 people out of the 300+ that worked for B.E services.
Pros
Free uniform, free lunch, subsidised travel
Cons
Fun work placement with very interesting people
Network Service (Former Employee) –  London3 September 2017
I had the privilege to shadow a current employee and had the chance to learn about how their systems function as well as see the systems hardware which was really cool!
Great work/life balance. Rewarding work.
Economist (Current Employee) –  London28 August 2017
The Bank is a great place to learn, influence policy, and has ample opportunity for interesting work across a variety of functions.

Downsides are that it can be bureaucratic, hierarchical and advancement can be slow.
Good working atmosphere, flexible
Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Moorgate Station24 August 2017
• Provide full diary and inbox management for my manager
• Produce papers, agenda’s and minute take when needed
• Arrange meetings and conference calls for my manager and team
• Organise international travel and produce full detailed travel packs
• Complete travel expenses
• Meet and greet high end clients that visit the Bank for my manager
• Comply with the Bank’s compliance policies and processes, ensuring all new joiners in my area are fully trained and on board
• Organise team and departmental events such as away days and training days
• Assist with recruitment rounds
• Provide cover across the department for other administrators and PA’s when needed
Pros
Very flexible and friendly place
Cons
Need more up to date technology
Interesting work but backward culture
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London14 August 2017
Change in an organisation is led from the top and followed by the bottom. However there is a senior contingent at the Bank of England that does not do this and so every revamp and new strategy ultimately falls short.

If this was truly followed then more satisfaction and value could be derived from the work - which can be varied and intellectually demanding depending on the area.
Bank of England/ Basel reproting
BASEL II ACCOUNTANT/PROCESS DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  England9 August 2017
This role was a contracting role at an Israeli bank who needed a process to be developed for their Basel II reporting requirement. I was not only able to build the process but I automated it so that it took very little time
Pros
Flexibility and ability to be creative
Cons
Only a short term contract
chaps
chaps (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 July 2017
one thing i took away from the bank of england while working their is their values on team work each and every worker worker has a responsibility and each of their tasks are interconnected thus teamwork and communication is essential.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no pay
Productive and fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  England15 May 2017
This was one of the most spectacular experience. I met many wonderful people and learnt a lot about what goes on within the Bank. The atmosphere was energetic.
Brilliant
EXCEL DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  London, UK13 April 2017
It is absolutely a great place to work. Loads of flexibility for parents, great atmosphere and great people. There is training provided to build your skills and you can easily move around different functions around the bank.
Banking
Hsbc bank (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester28 February 2017
Back office admin work
Dealing with cheques and fraudulent cheques
Paying cheque into customers accounts
Dealing with customers face to face
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Full time
Great place to work and learn
Bank Regulatory Capital Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, UK3 February 2017
Great place to learn and work, good work life balance and good benefits. Compensation and advancement are however not at par with the wider industry.
Pros
Intellectually stimulating, cutting edge policy making, work life balance
Cons
Compensation, lack of transparency around advancement
productive
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bank Station12 December 2016
I believe that working at the Bank of England was an enjoyable time for me as it taught me to enhance my skills on areas that I have not previously worked in. Every day I will receive a new task meaning i tried something new each day.
the management team were great and a pleasure to work with as they made me feel comfortable in an environment that i was not used to.
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills. These include: filing, archiving, managing emails, shadowing and note taking and organising financial paperwork. one of the key skills i have developed from this experience was organisation.
If your face fits
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  PRA9 December 2016
Having worked in the PRA and I found it to be of a bullying culture where your face had to fit.

The PRA staff are constantly referring to the fact that they were better on their own before they joined forces with the BOE which creates bad feeling.

it is the most uncomfortable place I have ever worked in and I could not wait to hand my notice in.

Good luck, you would need it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, bullying culture in the PRA senior team
A relaxed and professional working environment
PMO Analyst (Current Employee) –  London7 November 2016
Days are rarely the same as it can range between really relaxed to absolutely busy.
There is a lot to take on board derived from the need for change and improvement. Management allows a great deal of initiative and ownership of projects with flexibility to accommodate personal circumstances.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Meetings in distanced locations
Change Analyst (Former Employee) –  Technology17 June 2016
Good place to work, very nice working environment. Provides a good work/Life balance. People are very friendly and make you feel welcome.
Pros
Subsidised Gym membership, Dentist, Doctor
Cons
Pay not competitive
A good place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 March 2016
A supportive environment offering good training opportunities and career progression.

An okay salary with good benefits. Very supportive off work life balance.
Positiva
Analista Financiero (Current Employee) –  London18 February 2016
Mi trabajo consistía en llevar a cabo reuniones en el sitio con la gestión de la empresa, realizar análisis de factores cuantitativos y cualitativos clave , presentar los resultados al comité de calificación interna de S & P , comunicar las calificaciones y puntuaciones de justificación a la alta dirección y la escritura y la publicación de informes de investigación . Trabajar en S&P me permitió adquirir experiencia útil y relevante en la industria de las calificaciones de crédito.
Great workplace
Administrator (work experience student) (Former Employee) –  London11 August 2015
The environment was great to work in even if it was for 1 week, the people there are great especially your line managers. The most enjoyable part of the work experience week was touring the bank it self and discovering new things about it.
Pros
Great environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2015
Bank of England is a great place to work if you are looking for cleaning jobs. However, night jobs are no longer available.
Professional Place to Work
PRA Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ENG1 February 2015
Good Place to Work. Friendly co-workers and has some very good benefits. I just could not handle the commute any more. But this is a good place to work to gain experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of England. Our community is ready to answer.

Bank of England Reviews by Location