Bank of America Employee Reviews

Found 222 reviews matching the search See all 26,736 reviews
Educational and Fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Chester11 March 2019
I have had an introduction to investment banking during work experience at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Having discussions about how Brexit will affect the financial sector with employees at the firm showed me just how politics and economics shapes the world we live in. Group projects on risk management has taught me that collaboration can lead to the most creative solutions to problems.
Pros
Creating links with people
Cons
A large scale event
Beware of bullying bosses.
Various roles (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire6 March 2019
I worked for Bank of America when it was MBNA. Generally speaking the company has ethics and values however it fell down because of some of the terrible managers and bullying in the workplace.

Throughout my years at this company I consistently achieved top level appraisals (Outstanding) except for the period that was probably the worst year of my life thanks to my bullying manager. During her tenure as my manager she she wrote three appraisals all marked "Unsatisfactory" she put me on notice to be fired for absenteeism whilst I was in hospital (It was my third absence in a year, they were all the same condition and so should have been exempt from the absence policy but somehow she got it through).

When I reported her to personnel with written proof including abusive e-mails she had sent me nothing improved, in fact it got worse. She was then promoted whilst I had to make a sideways move. However I went on to work with an amazing manager and hey presto my appraisals went back to "Outstanding".

The company demands long hours and dedication which are no bad thing, but if your face does not fit or if you get a bad manager you have no chance of getting away from them since company policy required perfection in your existing role prior to moving onward and upwards.

Sadly no matter how I progressed in the company afterwards my bad appraisals continued to haunt me and I lost faith in my employers to live up to their own values.

Since leaving I set up my own business and have had 19 blissful years away from all that madness. Personally I would not recommend.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Some bad managers and the company failed to live up to it's own goals as a "company of people"
Muy buena empresa
HR Business Partner - Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater London6 March 2019
Buena formación, aprendizaje y posibilidades de promoción.
american style workplace
Associate Director, Fixes Income Sales (Former Employee) –  London12 February 2019
when I was at bank of america I was much more junior and I have to say I was lucky to find an amazing line manager that thought me everything. I recommend this place.
SOX Audit
SOX Auditor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 February 2019
Great team culture with a casual fun attitude. The team are willing to help each other and management are fair.

The work life balance was also great
Productive and fun workplace
Head Chef assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 February 2019
A good place to work where you are in consideration in the future of the company.
Nice team environment and excellent staff canteen. Good experience
Fun place to work
Vault Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Chester26 January 2019
Enjoyable experience working within Bank of America. Lovely people, and company cannot be faulted. Rewards are good and the benefits are amaxing. Overall very good company.
Pros
Lunches soup was free
Cons
Hours were a bit demanding at times
Professional and market leading
VP, Product Control (Former Employee) –  London14 January 2019
The pace in ML BOA is very fast. The client facing side of the business provides complex solutions to large clients and hedge funds. One has to be on top of one's game to perform adequately here due to the complex products traded here. Product innovation is key here as the bank often introduces newer more complex products to the market before most other banks.
Great team to work with.
AML/KYC/EDD/Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  london9 January 2019
Good management with a focus on high standards but retaining a nice culture and fairly decent work-life balance creating a pleasant atmosphere. Unlike in many other banks, there is no toxic environment, worked with decent people and seem to reward success. The organisation is quite large with a structure that can help you grow.
Productive workplace where there’s constant learning and growth
Investment Banking Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, UK26 December 2018
I learned a lot about working in a multinational corporation sharing different ideas and perspectives. Superiors do their best to help you fit in. Constant feedback is given to help you succeed in your role. The most enjoyable parts are the interactions with a diverse group of people, you always learn something new.
Pros
Free lunches, networking opportunities
Cons
Cliques, long taxing working hours
Good place to work - just hope you get a good manager
manager (Current Employee) –  London10 December 2018
Superb benefits, strong work ethic, good advancement and excellent pay, holidays are good, pension contribution excellent - just don't get a bad manager it ruins it
Pros
Cons
a bad manager it ruins it
Fun work culture, employees need to be empowered with more decision making in day to day work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, UK3 December 2018
Overall a good place to work with a strong focus on employees well being, the company needs to focus more on getting employees trained with external trainings, a lot of emphasis is given on internal trainings which sometimes is not great.
some department are decades behind in terms of technology and its about time the company realised that and scaled to the latest technologies.
Pros
good salary
Structure takes getting used to
Officer (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London27 November 2018
Way too many unnecessary meetings, too many departments set up to throw blame around rather than actually work and resolve matters, not the best organised company, unfinished systems rolled out for live use. Benefits are good and the salary is above average. The teams that do the actual work in a number of different operations department have way too many different responsibilities which would be fine if most people actually knew the tasks inside and out, but as that isn't the case it has knock on affects and reduces quality of work and wastes alot of time in general.
Pros
Good salary, great benefits like private healthcare
Cons
Structure and management need work
Good Very good
Information Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, England14 November 2018
Worked here on a part time basis whilst studying in Liverpool. It was really very nice and a fantasitic expereince, Laods of help and teaching of the how credit cards work.
Fun workplace
S/w Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire5 November 2018
Enjoyed working. Professionalism; lot of new things to learn. Have flexibility with working hours. Work from home option when required. Great team and helpful.
Busy but good progression if wanted
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester27 October 2018
Busy but supportive working environment. Good if interested in credit card banking sector and starting on telephony, so a lot of talking to customers on the phone. There is a sales target aspect and some time constraints in the amount of time expected to resolve issues.
Contract Role
AML / KYC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London22 October 2018
Contract Role, did not treat contractors very well, full time staff ignored us, and did not include us in any social functions, work was good, Bromley has a lot of shops.
Very interesting work
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London19 October 2018
I was invited to spend a short time at Merrill Lynch to shadow a sales trader and experience the dynamics of a larger scale business. Work was very fast paced and exciting.
Very nice people
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2018
It was a good experience realtionwise, but I didn't enjoy the tech part in the bank since it was quite robust and I did not get to do a lot of fun stuff.
productive and fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  City, St Pauls4 September 2018
Bank of America is one of the best company i worked for. They look after their staff. Within the company they provided doctor on site, one best staff restaurant i have seen in my working life and a gym. I never wanted to leave but because of the crash in 2009 everyone was affected.
Pros
excellent location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.

59.1K