Bank Of America Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here
Banker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Rhode Island25 January 2018
If I didn't move to England I would still be working here. Upper management recognises the effort you put in and you have a lot of choices as to what you can do for the company if you work hard.
Productive professional work place
Senior Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 January 2018
It was pleasrue to work for this company. I learnd a lot. I enjoyed working with poeple on a projects. People whom I was working with were really friendly and willing to help.
Great place to work for
Section Manager (Assistant Vice President) (Former Employee) –  Bromley17 December 2017
Bank of America offered many great career opportunities, wasn't slow in progressing his employees and rewarded them well.

Employees had great scope to move around due to the company being so large, and it offered a varied number of roles and departments to work within.

A typical day in management was extremely varied from managing teams, productivity, 121's and career management, conference calls with peers across the world and presentations to clients.

Nothing was too difficult thanks to the great training and support offered.
Pros
Excellent pay scheme and bonuses
Basic over view
Operations Anylst (Current Employee) –  chester10 December 2017
Challenging Role with high expectations and excessive deadlines in some circumstances. Management style not consistent throughout the organisation, Good morale.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Very healthy atmosphere
Director Quant (Current Employee) –  New York26 November 2017
Lots of work but overall atmosphere is not conducive to high pressure. Management is clear and precise in its direction and expectations and communicates this effectively
Challenging to get things done
Tech Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire2 November 2017
I find it frustrating how many hoops have to be jumped through to get things done. Very locked down environment, development tends to move at a snails pace.
Pros
Good on-site facilities
Cons
Environment is too locked down
great place to work
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester18 September 2017
Answer telehpone calls in a timely manner
monitor and evaluate performance
carryoout 121
coach and educate new colleagues
process cc payments
take saving deposits
Great atmosphere and place to further your career
Case Handler/QA/Insurance Complaint Assessor (Former Employee) –  Chester United Kingdom3 September 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - everyone was supportive of each other and had a great time together in accomplishing the mission.
The Management team were highly Motivated which brought much positive energy in the whole team. This was the definition of what a team should be
Pros
A company who had all the great qualities of Culture, Management, Career Advancement
Business Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort worth28 August 2017
1. Keep up to date with changes
2. Management is good and listen to employees needs
3 . Diverse
4. They do side by sides to ensure employees understand the job function
5. They communicate with employees
Pros
Free lunches working long hours if needed, flexible
OK I suppose
TACs Rep (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire17 July 2017
When I joined as MBNA (97 - 01) as permanent staff it was very much who you knew - and very cliquey .

As BoA this seemed to be less of an issue and the place seemed less intense and a better place to work. Although 2.5 years (09-11) bounced between 5 departments as a temp was a drag but suited me at that time.

Its call centre work ultimately but had great facilities.. Personally the culture grated, management was lacking - in my opinion - and the chances for advancement were minimal to non existent. I saw a guy I'd known from 98 - still in the same Job in 2010 which would have destroyed me.

I think that if you are young, enthusiastic and don't mind working in a cube farm then this is the place to go but it has its limitations unless you have a degree in something they can really use - but call centre work is ultimately monotonous and unchallenging no matter how shiny the buildings are.
Pros
facilities & training
Cons
opportunity for advancement and terrible management
friendly
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  London, UK18 June 2017
Bank of America is a friendly and supportive place to work.
Management are supporting and always willing to have an open mind. I enjoyed my time while working here
Awful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire9 June 2017
I was only at this job for 4 months due to the horrific call centre culture that was enforced. Every cliche you could think of was real and the aggressive manner in which telesales were pursued was soul-crushing.
I met some great people working here
Customer Advocates Office Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester22 May 2017
BOA was a good starting point for my career in Financial services, I had some amazing Managers to learn from and met some really great friends.

Like any job you get out of it what you put in, however if you're a telephone agent, I'd highly recommend that you try to use that as a stepping stone as the role becomes stale rather quickly.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Inflexibility
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire11 May 2017
Friendly environment, good opportunities if you are looking for a long term career- Good education and benefits when a perm associate- would recommend
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad hours
Great training
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley6 May 2017
The training really prepared me for the job, everyone was kind and genuine. They allowed me to go to different departments and experience their database, their filing strategies, listen in on telephone conversations to all different countries etc.
Terrible place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire27 April 2017
Horrible culture, no company strategy or Vision. Horrible dog eat dog place with a vicious blame culture, good pay, but takes it toll on you mentally...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Culture, shocking leadership
Hard to progress
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire20 April 2017
long hours - rotas are extensive and weekend work required

you only succeed on who you know basis

low pay but really good benefits from the company
Good work place
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire17 April 2017
The job is very rewarding and lovely to be at, but until you have job security it is hard to enjoy it.
I believe you should have passed all your checks before being able to actually start the role, having given up a full time permanant role for this opportunity to be told in 2 weeks I may still not be able to work there as a reference from 2 years ago, has not got back to them.
The only fault I would outline, the rest is superb.
Pros
pay, holiday, hours, progression
Cons
job security
Great Experience with a Great Company
Global Risk Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester20 March 2017
Fantastic 12 out of 14 years within Credit and Risk but a bad experience when moved into Strategy Governance.
A great team of people in a good location with plenty of opportunities.
Pros
Credit work, people, facilities, culture
Cons
Bank of America takeover, Strategy Governance
Exciting Workplace and fun to work
Contact Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester6 March 2017
The typical day at work involved resolving customers' queries and concerns over the phone.

Had an exciting team to work with and had rotational shift work with 2 day off a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

57.2K