BAM Nuttall Employee Reviews

Incompetent manager.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Leeds Leeds21 October 2019
I’m a single parent that had an arrangement for certain hours and then it was used as an excuse to drop me when their holiday coverage was over. Poor management and lack of project contractual knowledge.
Pretend they care for men’s mental health
Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilsyth, Stirlingshire18 September 2019
Not a place where you get any help even though they have campaign is for men’s mental health and say they’ll help when they didn’t when needed most instead they sacked me no point using fancy companies like bupa when you won’t actually listen to the workforce so highly detrimental to your head wish I never set foot in place as was promised help so another fake help campaign no wonder male suicide rate is high
Good experience and fair .
Carpenter at London Heathrow (Former Employee) –  Heathrow landslide14 September 2019
Good work experience .health and safety was taken very seriously witch was good ,providing training for you on they machines and providing milk coffee sugar and cereal
Pros
Excellent canteens and clean toilets
Cons
No cons
fun place challenging
Costruction manager (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester30 August 2019
would gladly work for Bam Nuttall ion the future and would recommend to anyone starting there career at this company. Bam Nuttall promoted safe working, health & safety, environment, close community ties when working in delicate areas
Challenging and fun place to work but a lot of travel
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey17 August 2019
Really enjoyed my time here, however, travelling to work on projects was both time consuming and interfered with work/life balance. Was a good atmosphere in head office, with a relaxed yet hardworking feel.
Fun workplace
Heathrow Tunnel Manager (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London30 April 2019
Would definitely work for Bam Nuttal again should a project of my calibre transpires. Working with highly professional managers and operatives within Bam Nuttal organisation
Pros
Great team
Very professional.
Multiple Departments (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 November 2018
The projects completed by this company are completed to a very professional standard and all employees communicate effectively. Projects are also varied.
Very Challenging
Sub Agent (Former Employee) –  Southampton24 October 2018
My time with Bam was mostly spent away in hotels, Barrow in Furness, Hull, Southampton, Liverpool.
I gained NERS accreditation and became assessing officer for the group.

Was held back somewhat from growing the NERS as the company is very Risk averse.
Pros
Nice Car, Good People to work with.
Cons
Working away from Home
A friendly company
Administration (Former Employee) –  Kilsyth2 October 2018
I done work experience with this company and had a positive experience, all staff were encouraging, helpful and friendly. They offer a work life balance.
Colleagues very nice people, but directors in my area of work are really bad
Section Engineer (Current Employee) –  Woodborough, Wiltshire27 September 2018
We work in most of the days for to many hours and traveling always closed to 1hour from sites to home.
Most of the people are really friendly and try to help, even the operatives are always ready to help and teach.
The management Agent and Sub Agents are not like that, they don't share the work until the last minute of needs when they see that they can't handle the work and they are not always helpful.
The worst part of the job is being that we are not all threatened as equals, and the Managers prefer to help ones and don't help the others.
The most enjoyable part is being on site just the Engineers and Foreman's working as a team to deliver the projects.
Pros
environment on site
Cons
long hours of works and people almost never place the personnel in sites close to home
Staff incredible friendl
Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northern england30 July 2018
Managed by idiots on the highest levels,
General managers on local level and staff are the best around, brilliant to work with, friendly atmosphere very close team
Pros
Amazing staff very friendly and close team
Cons
Higher management incompetent
Stayed here for a long time, i can't see why i would want to move
Don't want to say (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey20 April 2018
I have worked for BAM Nuttall for almost 20 years and cannot recommend it enough.

If we deal with the potential downsides first such as having to work site hours or travel then that is no different to any other construction company where you are project based. On the flip side they (we) do endeavours to make life as compatible with your social needs as much as reasonably possible.

There are many opportunities for progression and to move into different career paths.

The culture within the company is that of a caring family. I hear other people come from other large construction companies such as Balfour Beatty where they say that they felt like a number whereas in BAM Nuttall that is absolutely not the case.

As we work more closely with Royal BAM there is much more opportunity to work on international projects and/or occasional travel to Europe to meet with colleagues which provides something different.

Perhaps after so long I should try somewhere else? The fact is I am happy earning a good percentage less than other contractors because the atmosphere, support, benefits package and opportunities together mean much more than that one headline salary figure.
Pros
Overall package, opportunities, people, culture
Cons
Potentially lower salary than other main contractors
fun and productive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Swansea4 March 2018
good company to work for ppe and training provided management easy to deal with size of site was the hardest to deal with and no food canteen on site
Pros
saturdays
Cons
in busy hospital
Civil Engineering environment
ICT Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey19 February 2018
I liked working at BAM Nuttall. However, I was made redundant. It was a very busy environment, which was great. My last role was working in IT and I gained a lot of experience
Pros
Local to the town
Cons
Being made redundant
Good company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Telford27 January 2018
Supplied vehicle supplied protective clothing flexible hours treated equally and fair good progression in the company put on training courses and put up in accommodation
Good salary
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 January 2018
There for a summer placement, overall staff very friendly and informative. Typical day at work was both office based and out on site. Great opportunity to learn in the field and a great salary offered for a 16/17 year old.
Pros
Salary
Best Company to work 4
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 November 2017
Good Company to work for any day anytime, all management are very professionals to work with listening to you always at work. One of the best company have work 4
Pros
Free Lunch
Great place
Training Lead (Current Employee) –  Somerset23 July 2017
Great company, lovely people, great management style. Always value staff feedback and are always trying to improve things in the business to suit staff requirements.
Pros
Great people
Work experience
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading25 May 2017
An enjoyable role with a professional engineering firm. Safe, well-run, and diligent throughout the month that I worked there.

It helped me understand the different aspects of engineering prior to me embarking on my career.
Productive and fun workplace
Geotechnical laboratory technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset23 April 2017
The Bam Ritchies Geotechnical Laboratory at Hinkley Point C is a productive and challenging work environment that allows professional growth of busy workers, even during intensive working hours. It is possible to grow professionally in Bam Nuttall with a job related to his degree in shipyards in the UK. Bam Nuttall allows you to work in major construction projects, design study with Autocad 2D and 3D Design, geotechnical soil analysis using application programs such as Plaxis 2D and 3D and seismic and structural analysis of buildings. Experience in Bam Nuttall Geotechnical Laboratories enables you to deepen your knowledge in field analysis techniques with the world's most advanced instrumentation.
Pros
Free lunches